Viera

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Sun Mar 27, 2005 1:27 am

Feeney wrote:I'd love that kinda cash - but who is out there that's good enough? Peter Crouch? :D :D : :D  :D

Hell no :oops:  :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sun Mar 27, 2005 1:27 am

Someone will be daft enough to pay 8-10 M for Baros. :D

It will make a change actually making some profit from a transfer considering he cost what 3M to purchase ?
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Mar 27, 2005 1:32 am

Dalglish wrote:Someone will be daft enough to pay 8-10 M for Baros. :D

It will make a change actually making some profit from a transfer considering he cost what 3M to purchase ?

I dont want baros to go though :( , do you Ian? I think he works very very hard, and maybe he will be taught to lift that head up, needs a hair cut looks daft with that mullet :D
He terrifys defences and I dont think rafa should sell him, I like the kid, but im not the manager and I dont think these 2 get on.
But in the best interest of Liverpool moving forward then if baros has to go he has to go.
But as I said Id prefer a Liverpool team with Milan baros in it.
He scored today no problem, played well with his big buddy Koller, and rosicky :O
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Feeney » Sun Mar 27, 2005 1:42 am

Don't get me wrong - for 10-12 mil, you can. Farfan, from PSV, for one. Martins from Inter(possibly), another. Sidney Govou, one other. Defoe - great, but get for 12mil? no chance.

All top forwards, granted, but what we need, right now? no........... we've got fast strikers, we need a (2nd) striker that can hold a ball up to let the play catch up.

Even Rafa admited he would rather have kept Emile for this season, just to give us that option. And lets get it right, Emile was a dog.

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Sun Mar 27, 2005 1:59 am

If he free , then what are we waiting for.
LiverpoolMadman

Postby stmichael » Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:20 am

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:I dont want baros to go.  I think he works very very hard,

i'm a baros fan lynds. his attitude and commitment is not in question. it's whether he's good enough to score 20-25 goals a seaon regularly that's the question. from what i have seen of him, despite being our top scorer, i just don't think he's anywhere near top class. :(

it's fine working hard and running for 90 minutes but at the end of the day you have to achieve something. if i was a player and my manager said to me after the game "well done you worked hard" i'd be gutted because they'd basically be using work ethic as an excuse to cover up my lack of quality.
Last edited by stmichael on Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby lfclfclfc » Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:13 am

i say keep baros. leave vier-i or -a alone. both can't be for the long haul. granted, vieri is an experienced forward who is good in the air, can hold the ball and score a few goals, but we've got moro, who can do that job with more panache!

i think baros does bring a different dimension to our attack. he can hold of challenges, has good speed and acceleration, and can take defenders on. actually he draws defenders out of posn and if only he can exploit this gift more often, he can be a great frontline asset. And i don't mean scoring 20 - 30 goals at other players' or the teams' expense. only question is whether rafa's patience with him is wearing a little thin, esp after the inexplicable challenge last sunday.
lfclfclfc

Postby azriahmad » Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:18 am

I agre with St. Mike.

Baros, in spite of his good on-the-ball abilities (if you discount his lack of awareness), has little predatory skills to becoam a 20+ goals a season striker. Although not so prolific either, Morrientes has plenty of qualities to suit a prolific strike partner and Baros can not be the prolific partner to Morrientes that we need.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lfclfclfc » Sun Mar 27, 2005 12:10 pm

agreed that moro and baros has not formed the most prolific  of partinerships. neither has baros and cisse. cisse and moro? however, i think the manager needs options for the frontline, and to have cisse, morientes, baros at the disposal is actually quite assuring for any manager. IF, and i say IF, baros can stay contented being rotated as part of a bigger cause, he should stay, he has the quality, and hardwork is not a bad thing!

perhaps, the focus for bring in players should lie elsewhere, and not the frontline? i know i am digressing.  :p
lfclfclfc

Postby kopite » Sun Mar 27, 2005 12:30 pm

Just look at the statistics last seasons champions league top scorer last seasons french ligue top scorer and euro 2004 top scorer reserve league top scorer . On paper weve got the best strikers in the land if they could play aswell as they did at them times we'd be unstoppable .
kopite

Postby JC_81 » Mon Mar 28, 2005 2:24 pm

Don't think vieri would cut it in the prem.  A great player in his day but now he's too slow and injury prone.  At 32 he's not worth the risk as he would still expect a massive wage.

As for Baros, I am a big fan of his but I am almost certain Rafa will sell him in the summer.  I think Rafa has been annoyed at Baros' attitude for some time as well as his lack of goals, and the red against everton was probably the last straw.

Must stress again though that I think we could do a hell of a lot worse than Baros, I'd give him another season to see what happens
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Juventino » Mon Mar 28, 2005 2:32 pm

Vieri is a finished player with an astronomic wage. Italy's biggest failure of the decade with Berti, Inzaghi, Legrottaglie and Materazzi
Juventino

Postby JC_81 » Mon Mar 28, 2005 2:38 pm

Juventino wrote:Vieri is a finished player with an astronomic wage. Italy's biggest failure of the decade with Berti, Inzaghi, Legrottaglie and Materazzi

Think you're being a bit harsh mate,

I can remember Vieri being one of the top strikers in the world and consistently top or thereabouts in the serie A scoring charts.

He may be past it but the guy is no failure, he's been unlucky with injuries
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Juventino » Mon Mar 28, 2005 2:53 pm

He was terrific at Juve and Atletico Madrid. When he came back, he gain weight and has lost most of his vivacity. He's probably one of the best to score headers but he always missed the opportunity to put Inter on the top of the league. If Cuper or Zaccheroni used more Cruz, Martins or Recoba during the last 5 years, Inter would have won a scudetto.
I still believe him and Pippo Inzaght were overevaluated, as both of them never give a hand in defending and miss way to much in front the opposite goalkeeper
Juventino

Postby Starbridge42 » Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:33 am

I thought Vieri had the best goals to minutes ratio in Europe??
Or maybe thats over his whole career?
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion