Valencia ready to offload aimar

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:50 am

Would we want him? Would he cut it in the prem?
Hes smaller and skinnier than garcia ??? , I know hes a good player but I am not to sure if he will cut it in England.

Valencia Losing Patience With Aimar
4/21/2005 11:51:00 AM
Valencia may be willing to listen to offers for their Argentine playmaker Pablo Aimar.
Marca reports that the club have grown frustrated with the player’s attitude and regular injury problems.

Aimar’s decision to pull out of last weekend’s clash with Mallorca has not endeared him to the Ches directors.

Liverpool have been linked with the former River Plate star
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:55 am

I think he's similar to Smicer only a lot better. We are talking about a bloke here who beat us on his own a couple of years back. The same fella who came on against England in the World Cup and totally changed the whole complexion of the game. If he's anywhere near fit and motivated I'd take a chance on him at the right price (I'm assuming that Stevie G will be gone by the start of next season).
The lad is not made for English football but is absolute class and you can never have enough of that comdodity.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:57 am

Valencia ready to listen to Liverpool offer
By European Football - April 21 2005

Valencia are ready to listen to offers for Argentine midfielder Pablo Aimar, come the summer. He has been heavily linked with a reunion with his old boss Rafa Benitez, at Liverpool.

Valencia were originally reluctant to sell the talented player, but they have grown increasingly exasperated with his niggling injury concerns and lack of on field commitment.

Benitez is a big fan of the player though and has always managed to get the best out of him before and is believed to have had a bid in the January transfer window rejected, it is now strongly tipped that he will try his look again in the summer.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:58 am

Aimar is world class and would adapt to the Premiership, he'd be like Juninho was for Boro, but whether we could find a place for him is a different matter. We already have Garcia who plays a similar role and who is doing the business so am not sure Rafa will be in for him.
He is an exciting player that can play anywhere accross the pitch in an advanced role though....so if the price was right then i'd be made up to see him at Anfield.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:02 pm

Imagine the big yard dogs from Bolton, the BS and Blackburn kickin the sh.it out of him though hes really tiny ???

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:59 pm

Buy him ... he will be Liverpool's " Reyes or Robben "
LiverpoolMadman

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Thu Apr 21, 2005 1:03 pm

couldnt you say SWP is about the same stature as aimar? SWP is alittle taller but still is skinny.
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Thu Apr 21, 2005 1:06 pm

well, they are of a very similar stature in many ways. but SWP has had to do no adapting to the prem, its all he knows.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Thu Apr 21, 2005 1:15 pm

This is truley pathetic.

All this not strong or big enough to play in the premiership shows a complete lack of football knowledge.

Its a ****** statement.

Zola
Wright-Phillips
Owen
Fowler
Juninho

To name a few off the top of my head.

If you're good enough, you're good enough. I can't see Rafa signing him as he plays in the same position as Luis Garcia and Le Tallec.

We need an out an out centre midfielder, he isn't one. Failing that we need 2 wingers, again, he doesn't fit the bill. We also need an out an out striker. Again, we don't have one good enough.

He's none of those.
115-1073096938

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Thu Apr 21, 2005 1:15 pm

andy_g wrote:well, they are of a very similar stature in many ways. but SWP has had to do no adapting to the prem, its all he knows.

i know that, but i was just commenting on the stature. SWP is still a small guy. Could aimar after months or so getting use to the physicalness of the epl be adopted to a wing?
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:21 pm

perhaps Rafa wants to make the side more continental, if Aimar signed I think Rafda may structure the side like so:

Carson

Finnan               Hyppia                  Carra               Warnock

Alonso     

Garcia                          Gerrard                                      Riise

Aimar

Morientes/Cisse?
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:23 pm

The Canadian Red Army wrote:
andy_g wrote:well, they are of a very similar stature in many ways. but SWP has had to do no adapting to the prem, its all he knows.

i know that, but i was just commenting on the stature. SWP is still a small guy. Could aimar after months or so getting use to the physicalness of the epl be adopted to a wing?

not that sort of player, similar to Garcia, more of an attacking midfielder type of player, I honestly think he could work well in a 5 man midfield with Gerrard and Alonso sitting behind him.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby XSD » Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:25 pm

stu_the_red wrote:If you're good enough, you're good enough. I can't see Rafa signing him as he plays in the same position as Luis Garcia and Le Tallec.

We need an out an out centre midfielder, he isn't one. Failing that we need 2 wingers, again, he doesn't fit the bill. We also need an out an out striker. Again, we don't have one good enough.

He's none of those.

I'd say he is all of those, and good enough.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:43 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Would we want him? Would he cut it in the prem?
Hes smaller and skinnier than garcia ??? , I know hes a good player but I am not to sure if he will cut it in England.

Size dont matter, he has the necessary skill and technique to be a great player in the premiership. Plus Aimar (like many argentinian players) is very crafty.

I remember the two games in the champions league a few years back when we played Valencia, Aimar won about a dozen free kicks, by using little tricks against our players, he would go into a tackle and spin out of it as if he had been fouled, i remember being furious every time this happened coz the ref kept on being conned and couldnt spot it.

He kept on winning free kicks constantly and this helped to break up any momentum we started to get in the game, particuarly when we lost 1 - 0 at Anfield. Trust me this guy is no mug and is a very intelligent player, and i think if he ever came to England he would find plenty of ways to avoid the hard tacklers in the league.

But all of this talk is irellavant i think beacuse i very much doubt that we will sign him anytime soon, because as others have stated we already have similar style player in Garcia and i just cant really see where Aimar would be accomadated.
Last edited by Fowler_E7 on Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:56 pm

He is a great player, I always remember him ripping us to bits in the past when we have played Valencia :cool:
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion