v Charlton Athletic - Upcoming Premiership game

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The Ace1983 » Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:31 am

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:We probably wont see Pellegrino when the season is over, I have a feeling he was brought in to work behind closed doors to teach the players and the younguns about this zonal marking, which will be a good idea depending on his english, you can see he has bags of experience something one cant buy.

but is it something that you can teach?

:Oo:
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 007 » Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:38 am

Well Pelle was originally bought for cover at the back...so he is kinda a backup player. I hope Garcia can improve his dribbling and passing because he can be over ambitious sometimes.

P/S: The match against Southampton was the worse I've ever seen this season. The passing was awful. I miss Alonso.  :(
Liverpool for LIFE

Postby Ciggy » Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:41 am

The Ace1983 wrote:
cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:We probably wont see Pellegrino when the season is over, I have a feeling he was brought in to work behind closed doors to teach the players and the younguns about this zonal marking, which will be a good idea depending on his english, you can see he has bags of experience something one cant buy.

but is it something that you can teach?

:Oo:

The zonal marking yes.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redtribe » Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:43 am

I'm not going to jump in and say he is a fantastic player because i havnt seen him play enough, but the mans an argentine international a two time le liga champion and rafa rates him very highly! Doesnt sound like the credentials of a bad player to me!
But as so often happens on here a player has two games and the wolves are on his back! I mean two games in a new league with a new team and he is already being written off as a no hoper!
I suppose if morro does not score against charlton he will be a complete waste of £6 mill!
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:51 am

Redtribe wrote:I'm not going to jump in and say he is a fantastic player because i havnt seen him play enough, but the mans an argentine international a two time le liga champion and rafa rates him very highly! Doesnt sound like the credentials of a bad player to me!
But as so often happens on here a player has two games and the wolves are on his back! I mean two games in a new league with a new team and he is already being written off as a no hoper!
I suppose if morro does not score against charlton he will be a complete waste of £6 mill!

The thing is with Pellegrino is we need a pacy CH him nor sammi are either, we can look on with envy at Sol Cambell, John Terry, and Rio Ferdinand, so when we get a slow 33 year old in everyone went up in arms over it.
Terry has scored a few this season and Sol Cambell maybe one, Sammi hasnt scored for a long time Jamie neither.
I will put my house on it that Pellegrino will not play after this season is over unless we have injuries to our CH, and someone new comes in.

Pellegrino will however have a job at Melwood.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red_Si » Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:55 am

Thought Pellegrino was ok against Man U but then awful against Southampton. No doubt a great player in his day but well past it for the EPL.
Red_Si

Postby Redtribe » Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:00 am

Not saying that he may just move into a coaching role at the end of the year, it just gets tiresome hearing each new player who comes in and doesnt perform straight away as a no hoper!

Agreed pace is a priority at the back and i hope that something will be done about that in the summer!
There was rumours a lil while ago that mexes is a target for the summer!
But until then i will back our current players and try to lend my support and not criticism!
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:05 pm

i wouldn't be at all surprised if charlton beat us to be honest. after recent performances i don't see how any fan can say with any confidence that we'll definitely go down there and get three points.

considering charlton are now level, YES LEVEL on points with us, it becomes a must win.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:52 pm

stapo1000 wrote:maybe we should put traore back to left full and put riise in left mid wit kewell behind the front 2 and garcia on the bench. i hate to see riises atacking ability go to waste plus his defence is poor

totally agree with this.
although i think he's a good player, he's not on form in slightest. players off form dont play when someone better can come in.

of course Kewell isnt gonna last the whole game though.
its not the chilli sauce on kebabs that give you ring-sting, its the actual meat. had one without chilli, and still had ring-sting. the chilli's only there to mask the nonsense they stuff inside that bread.
jim_morrison_supported_liverpool
LFC Super Member

Postby 109-1105722616 » Fri Jan 28, 2005 5:54 pm

i think pellegrino is a liablity at the moment, think he should only play if absolute needs be.  if hyypia is owe cant we just let henchoz play one game
109-1105722616

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Jan 28, 2005 6:01 pm

Lot of chat about Pellegrino .Wasn't he signed on a SIX month contract with an option to extend ? . Whats all the fuss about ?
If he has come as six months cover I'm deducing (well hoping really) that Rafa is waiting for the summer and possibly promised funds to rebuild our defence.

While I'm on buying players ,anyone have any idea why we haven't gone in for EDU ?
:)
Last edited by woof woof ! on Fri Jan 28, 2005 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Fri Jan 28, 2005 6:06 pm

woof woof ! wrote:Lot of chat about Pellegrino .Wasn't he signed on a SIX month contract with an option to extend ? . Whats all the fuss about ?
If he has come as six months cover I'm deducing (well hoping really) that Rafa is waiting for the summer and possibly promised funds to rebuild our defence.

While I'm on buying players ,anyone have any idea why we haven't gone in for EDU ?
:)

that has really puzzled me, why we havent even tried to approach them about edu.
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:23 pm

Because Edu wants to play in Spain therefore he will join Valencia in less than 24 hours according to what he said.

Pellegrino was never expected to start any games, he was simply back up cover but because of the injury to Finnan he was played too early without any match fitness. He probably won't be here after the six months are over so I don't understand what the problem is.

Our game against Charlton is a must win and I have no doubt in my mind that we will win despite poor performances in the last two premiership games. The players know whats at stake, its do or die and they know what they must do to play in the Champions League next year.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby coolsobs » Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:49 pm

du wouldn't leave arsenal to come to a club with a worse position in the league, Liverpool
coolsobs

Postby A.B. » Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:54 pm

Dudek

Finnan       Carragher      Hyypia      Riise

La Tallec    Gerrard         Biscan      Kewell

Baros          Morientes
Last edited by A.B. on Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion