Useless draw - This is it!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby big al » Wed Jan 21, 2004 11:15 pm

Do you know what it is.

Everyone, every Liverpool fan knows we are not good enough. Some think Houlier can turn it around, some think he has to go.  Fact is the tranfer window is open Houlier insists he needs no more players, well thats not true. Even Stu the Houlier Loyalist accepts we have too many cr#p players. 

Well these are Houliers signings this is his five year plan, this is it there is no more, he shown us all he can do.  As for those who say that those of us who talk of the glory days are living in the past. 

Houlier has won trophies for us but they were in the past this is now and now we are a poor reflection of two years ago, of twelve years ago of the greatness we once had.  Look in mirror everyone and be honest with the person looking back ask him or her this, Is this what you want are you truly happy or is this actually worse than Souness?

because at least he had the balls to admit he'd f##ked it all up and done the descent thing and left.

I was told a story once about a man who lived a s##t existence, every day he would tell himself it'll be ok tomorrow it'll all change and I'll actually start living.  Years later in old age he saw that each day he'd spent waiting for change had actually stopped him making the real changes needed.  He realised if he stopped living a dream of a bright future he'd could have actually have had a better life.

Stop living the Houlier dream people it ended two seasons ago.
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby big al » Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:35 am

So houlier has went and offended another manager when wil he learn, 

Liverpool boss Gerard Houllier believed that referee Knight wrongly awarded the corner that led to Wolves' equaliser.

But he pointedly said: "I think that incident with Ince broke our players' concentration.

"You have to stay calm, but we lost our concentration and our nerve. When you do that you lose your focus.

"We had enough chances to have won that game, Michael Owen, Emile Heskey and Danny Murphy - twice - could have finished it before they scored.

"We should have had two more points from that one.

"But I cannot blame the referee for the draw, I blame ourselves for not finishing clinically enough."

For Wolves it was another example of their fighting spirit as they battle for their Premiership lives.
"I do not care what is said about us. I know that my players give their all, and our fans see that. I do not give two monkeys what anybody else says or they feel, we earned that point."

Jones said: "We could have caused them more damage. They earned their goal, but did not punish us and kill us off when they had the chance"

Its good tosee Houlier matains his contradictive approach.  The ref was wron but I don't blame him.
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby Owzat » Thu Jan 22, 2004 3:03 pm

Houllier yet again reckoned we could and maybe should have had three points. If he believes that every time he says it then he must be reckon we should be top because this isn't the first time he's said it. If we'd gained the extra points when Houllier reckons we deserved them, I reckon we'd be clear at the top! Gerard - only goals count at the end of the game, not near misses. Every team misses chances, bleating on about what you feel you deserve won't get us the two extra points
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Thu Jan 22, 2004 8:58 pm

I'm going for a kip.

Someone please wake me up when Houllier has gone.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby king mickey » Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:14 pm

I think Houllier is right to a degree when he talks of luck going against us that is surely a defining reason to some of the results we have had this season,but overall Liverpool F.C the great club it once was is no more.
                     If you look at the top three teams and even Newcastle they have a well balanced team,good solid defence and a midfield willing to get back and protect as well as get forward and create goals. The pinnacle of Liverpool of old,where as now I see it as "lets go grab a goal and then defend from deep and keep our fingers crossed.
                     I don't want to see liverpool gradually sliding down the table folks but that's the way we're heading under Houllier, regardless of the drivel he spouts after every match about us being "unlucky", so are Man Utd Arsenal and Chelsea every week the difference is they are unlucky but still get a result we on the other hand are s##t and get what we deserve.
            Still chin up lads maybe next year eh?

(Liverpool haven't sacked a manager for 50 years well its about fooking time they did!!!!)
king mickey

Postby big al » Thu Jan 22, 2004 11:48 pm

King Mickey Luck is a myth. ther is so much truth is the old cliche
"you make your own luck in football"
Why. Simple answer possession.
If any team has 75% of possession the statistical odds would mean that any luck would come there way.  Liverpool used to get accused of being lucky but we were'nt we jsut had so much possession that when the breaks came the majority of the time the came our way.  Yes you get the odd fluke in football but they are few and far between most times so called luck goes the way of the dominating teams.
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby JBG » Fri Jan 23, 2004 3:01 pm

Sometimes you can be unlucky in football (like the Brazilian international player who rounded the opposition goalkeeper in a Brazilian domestic league game in 2002 and shot into what appeared to be an empty net only for the ball to hit a pigeon who happened to be flying past at that second, thus deflecting the ball wide!) but overall you make your own luck.

If we are unlucky this season then we are only balancing out the good luck we got at times in 2001.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby big al » Fri Jan 23, 2004 7:23 pm

Yip JBG as I said there's always the odd fluke.  Tell me was the pidgeon called Biscan is that where houlier seen him play such a great defencive role.
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby Owzat » Sat Jan 24, 2004 11:53 am

big al wrote:Yip JBG as I said there's always the odd fluke.  Tell me was the pidgeon called Biscan is that where houlier seen him play such a great defencive role.

:D
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby big al » Sat Jan 31, 2004 7:31 pm

The topic was originally posted following the Wolves game. I was just wondering how prophetic it is.  Is this the standard for the season. 
Wins  draws  loses
9        7        7
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sat Jan 31, 2004 7:35 pm

Clearly it was Houlliers fault Gerrard, Le Tallec and Cheyou missed there 4 sitters. :)
115-1073096938

Postby big al » Sat Jan 31, 2004 7:45 pm

Go on ***** hole blame it on the players, He f**king picked them he's the manager you know f**k all about football.
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sat Jan 31, 2004 7:51 pm

Lmao.

I know that the general opinion of the 40,000 fans LIVE AT THE GAME  :;):  :D  was one of content at a satisfactory level of effort. :)

We created the chances that on any other we'd put in the back of the net. It was a good game. But no doubt you didn't get that reaction from your tv set or radio station. :)

What bout the 2 BLATENT penalties on the handballs aswell? Houlliers fault they weren't given? lol.

You're the idiot. So f##k off and support your local side you boring pedantic pessimistic irish nugget. :)
115-1073096938

Postby big al » Sat Jan 31, 2004 8:00 pm

Stu your weak in fact your so weak I actually pity you. And thats the worst emotion.  You have my pity because you are such a plonker.  You are the most arogant person I've ever had the misfortune to come across.  How can you speak for the majority of Liverpool fans at the game you can't even speak for 10% of the fans on this site and most of them are season ticket holders.  Telling me to f off and stop supporting Liverpool is The biggest insult of the lot but mot to me alone but the tens of thousands of irish peopel who flood through the gates at Anfield every year.  Also to the tens of thousands of Liverpudlians whos family is from Ireland.  I could go on but theres no point You have my pity.  Your either a total idiot or your about 12 years old if its the latter then I blame your parents, if your older I blame it on a rogue gene.
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sat Jan 31, 2004 8:07 pm

Haha.

Know it all Al.

Like i said... f##k off and support your local side. You don't give a flying f##k about mine. MY CITY... I'm scouse and proud of it. I can't be arsed with irish gobsh##es such as yerself.

Football is about local pride. Scousers v Mancs, Scousers v Cockneys.... not something you will ever understand. You could never share that feeling that Stevey Gerrard had when he scored that screamer against the manc scum or when we beat them in the cup final. To you that means nothing, to me thats pride.

Go back to your whole and support yer local team. :)
115-1073096938

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion