Upson to liverpool?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Scottbot » Wed May 05, 2004 11:29 pm

Can't say i had even considered Upson before today but must admit he would be a great signing. He's young, he's English and he's got pace. Bruce wouldn't sell him IMO but a swap for Heskey would be fantastic. Unfortunately
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Wed May 05, 2004 11:31 pm

oops. Continued from last post - Unfotunately i don't think Bruce would be willing to let him go and as Leon points out - Houllier will likely go for Mexes.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Wed May 05, 2004 11:34 pm

Pennant and Cole :D

Right, all this proven in the premiership poop is boring me now. A class act is a class act. End of.

Schevchenko, Ronaldo, Raul, Carlos, Zidane, Davids are all unproven in the premiership, all of them would improve EVERY team in the league.

Proven in the premiership is a myth. You need time to adapt wherever you are from. Look at Pires in his first Arsenal season... he was a duffer so to speak. I got laughed at when i said he was a class act thats just found it a bit hard to adapt. This season he has 22 goals in all comps.

Kewell is another one who hasn't adapted. Wait till next season. If they are good enough they are good enough. Cisse IS good enough, much the same way Drogba IS good enough.
115-1073096938

Postby adayinthelife » Thu May 06, 2004 12:07 am

Kewell hasnt adapted stu???
He hasnt adapted to houllier's madness by playing him out of position in the majority of games he has played but then again that is nothing new.
That is something houllier has done time and time again as it seems to me like he is trying to show how clever he is but all he does is complicate the game for the players.
Smith to Shankly:My thigh is a bit sore,but I think I could play.
Shankly to Fagan:Tell him,Joe.He has got no chance of playing.
Smith to Fagan:Tell him to sod off.It is not his leg,it's mine.
Shankly to Smith:Oh no son.You are wrong,son.It is not your leg.
It is Liverpool Football Club's leg.
adayinthelife
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Thu May 06, 2004 12:29 am

I believe upson would make a valuable addition to the defence.

On Kewell, I don't think he;'s been played out of position that many times this season. Injury and loss of form are to blame not GH this time ......
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu May 06, 2004 10:11 am

adaptyed to the premiership means alot more to defenders than midfielders. We have different rules here, the refs are more lenient here in some ways and the game is a lot more physical. Defenders have the hardest time fitting in and ened to be ready for the rigours of teh premiership
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Thu May 06, 2004 11:06 am

Oh behave. Kewell has played on the right 3 times and upfront 4 times. The rest of his games he's spent on the left wing. When you have 6 first teamers out unjured sometimes you are foreced into playing players out of position.

He's played 43 games so thats 7 out of position so to speak.

He's not settled and played poorly this season. Stop making bullshitty excuses for him. The same with Heskey, he's played in midfield once this season, the rest of his games have been upfront. All this playing players out of position cr#p is being blown completely out of proportion.
115-1073096938

Postby Redtribe » Thu May 06, 2004 11:37 am

I'm sure Harry will be the first to admit that he hasnt had a good season. But i have a feeling as much of this is down to how the team has been playing.
He is a confidence player and no one has instilled confidence into a team this year (except stevie g)!
Hopefully fully fit and more positive he will go forward next year!
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion