Uefa rankings - Europes no 1

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Owzat » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:12 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:thats the problem with stats. doesnt show the obvious fact that liverpool WON NOTHING  again.

That could be the dumbest remark I've ever read  :D

But seriously, if the rankings were limited to only teams that won anything then it would be pretty short and you'd have the champions of Malta ranked above Liverpool. Maybe you should think through your posts before committing to them, besides the fact that stats show Liverpool won nothing, but that's not wholly what rankings are about.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:10 am

yeah cause stats and ranking means everything and they win you points dont they?

its just sickening to see stuff like this being pulled up after yet another season without winning the league. its like ''oh we won nothing but AT LEAST we're at the top on some stats sh!t''. :D
maypaxvobiscum

Postby XSD » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:21 pm

This hasn't got anything to do with being Europe's top team. It essentially is awarding marks for achievements in European competitions. Given our CL performances in the past 4 years and winning the UEFA cup and 2 super cups recently it's probably fair to say we should be top 3 in that respect.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PabloAimar » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:56 pm

great. this means the world to me. fuk the premiership ???
we've only won it 5 times
PabloAimar

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:54 pm

PabloAimar wrote:great. this means the world to me. fuk the premiership ???

:laugh:  i share ur sentiments
maypaxvobiscum

Postby LegBarnes » Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:47 pm

Redman in wales wrote:
ste123lfc wrote:This won't mask the disappointment of been beaten by the Chavs in the semi final but Liverpool are officially the No1 team in Europe.

link

no we're not.

If you read it we're actually 3rd...

"The Reds are currently third behind AC Milan and Chelsea in UEFA's official rankings"

It say IF we do well next season then we MIGHT be number 1 in europe.

We are behind chelsea at the moment, so for whatever reason, if Chelsea do better than us next season - Then they'll be number 1.

dude we have the most points if YOU READ ON LIKE YOU WAS PREACHING.

Which meens like the ATP rankings in tennis take a year to update so we are no 1 in points just we have to wait a season for them to be updated so as long as we get to like last 16 of CL we should be no 1 in europe for 2 seasons in row.
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:51 pm

Owzat wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:thats the problem with stats. doesnt show the obvious fact that liverpool WON NOTHING  again.

That could be the dumbest remark I've ever read  :D

But seriously, if the rankings were limited to only teams that won anything then it would be pretty short and you'd have the champions of Malta ranked above Liverpool. Maybe you should think through your posts before committing to them, besides the fact that stats show Liverpool won nothing, but that's not wholly what rankings are about.

yep i remeber some tennis players who got ranked no1 in world with out winning much didnt meen they was any less of a player it shows how we have matched up to alot of teams over a long period thus vutting out any sort of luck playing a part IE winning a cup or a league.
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion