Uefa or cl - Liverpool or fenerbahce

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Sancak » Mon May 30, 2005 1:18 pm

Dear Sirs,

I am a concerned and loyal supporter of Fenerbahce SK, Turkish Super League winners for 2004/5. I am writing this letter due to overwhelming unease that my fellow supporters and I are enduring with regards to the possible breach in UEFA's rules, to allow Liverpool FC, the UEFA Champions League champions for 2004/5 to participate in Champions League next season.

As you are surely aware, due to quotas, Fenerbahce SK is the 16th team to participate UEFA Champions League in the 2005/6 season. Therefore, in the case Liverpool FC is granted they wish to participate Champions League next year as cup defenders, this will be on the account of Fenerbahce SK, and hence is our personal involvement in this matter.

UEFA rules clearly state that the cup winner is allowed to particpate in the cup in the subsequent season, with the explicit exception of Italy, Spain and England, who already have a quota of four teams. As the UEFA spokesman William Galliard has announced before the game, it is highly unorthodox and unethical for a rule to change circumstantially, and therefore Liverpool FC should not be allowed to participate, unless English FA decides to apply its quota of four participants accordingly.

However, despite this announcements, and all that is fair and sportsmenlike, Liverpool, English FA, and other top-rated European teams (G-14) are lobbying for the rule to change. Should this happen, the illliberality will be three folds:

(1) Fenerbahce SK is disallowed from participating in the tournament directly, and needs to play a qualifying round. Not having succeeded in European tournaments in the recent years, Fenerbahce SK has a relatively low-coefficient, and is likely to play against a strong team, and have a significant change of being eliminated, and losing important finances that will be profited from the Champions League participation.

(2) The teams already participating in the qualifying rounds, will have an extra team to qualify from within, thus lowering their chances of qualification and gaining the aforesaid finances.

(3) In the 1999/2000 season, Real Madrid has won the UEFA Champions League, while not ranking among the top four spots in the Spanish Premier League. The Spanish association has decided to send Real Zaragoza, who has ranked fourth, to UEFA, and by that vacate a spot for Real Madrid in UEFA Champions League, following UEFA's rules. Should UEFA grant Liverpool its wish, it will be unfair towards Real Zaragoza, who in the same situation lost its spot in the competition, merely due to the fact that its national Football Association has followed the rules!

My fellow supporters and I are therefore urging you to lobby towards making the right decision in June 17th. Should Liverpool be granted its wish, it will mark the triumph of discrepency and the bias towards the stronger, and UEFA will lose its credibility as an association run with equality and fairness.

Sincerely,
Sancak
Sancak

Postby dawson99 » Mon May 30, 2005 1:23 pm

i personally agree with you, im not one for seeing the fat cats get fatter while smaller countries and teams have to suffer. This whole g14 or whatever annoys me as well, its just like having school bullies all over again. On the other hand, as holders of the champions league we muct be allowed to defend our cup.
i cannot lobby against my team tho as thats just not going to happen.
Lets hope a fair way can be reached where both parties will be happy.

UEFA has a lot to answer for in not rectifying this situation sooner and i wish u luck, but if we get your place im not going to argue too much.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MilitiaRusher » Mon May 30, 2005 1:25 pm

Talking about equality and fairness, how exactly is not allowing the defending champions of the champions league defend in next season's champions league a fair decision? Just does not sound right, does it?
Last edited by MilitiaRusher on Mon May 30, 2005 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Mon May 30, 2005 1:34 pm

You know what would be fair...............................Fenerabahce stay, Liverpool enter, Everton out! Now that's fair!
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby merge » Mon May 30, 2005 1:34 pm

Fenerbahce is smaller team? I do not think so. In turkey Fenerbahce says that " We have 70 million $ income per year". According to their income we cant say that they are small team. But Fenerbahce is "looser".

Liverpool deserves CL, but Fenerbahce not.

According to CL' rules team that is the winner previous year's CL cup can attend CL directly. This right ,s given to winner at the beginning of the CL. So Liverpool has to attend directly. Fenerbahce must play elemination games for CL.
merge

Postby Hotrod » Mon May 30, 2005 1:36 pm

Whatever happens we will nt get evertons place however sweet that would be, they will find a way to put us the cl next year or we will justhave to win the uefa cup again
"GUYVER"
Hotrod

Postby MilitiaRusher » Mon May 30, 2005 1:39 pm

merge wrote:Fenerbahce is smaller team? I do not think so. In turkey Fenerbahce says that " We have 70 million $ income per year". According to their income we cant say that they are small team. But Fenerbahce is "looser".

According to CL' rules team that is the winner previous year's CL cup can attend CL directly. This right ,s given to winner at the beginning of the CL. So Liverpool has to attend directly. Fenerbahce must play elemination games for CL.

so what turkish team does your logo represent?
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Mon May 30, 2005 1:45 pm

Hotrod wrote:Whatever happens we will nt get evertons place however sweet that would be, they will find a way to put us the cl next year or we will justhave to win the uefa cup again

UEFA cup is rubbish, for second rate teams. We're above that now.

I'd have nothing against LFC being in the qualifiers. If we're not good enough to beat some Albanian team then we're not good enough!
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gareth G » Mon May 30, 2005 1:48 pm

As much as I agree it will be unfair to kick out Fenerbache at our expense, it is just plain ludicrous to ask us to lobby against our own team, get real, how many fan's do you think will do that? Incase you don't know, I'll answer that for you, nil, none....0!

That like asking someone to kill their parent's or something, it's seriously rediculous for you to request something like that off a Liverpool supprter.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Mon May 30, 2005 2:47 pm

Big Niall wrote:
Hotrod wrote:Whatever happens we will nt get evertons place however sweet that would be, they will find a way to put us the cl next year or we will justhave to win the uefa cup again

UEFA cup is rubbish, for second rate teams. We're above that now.

I'd have nothing against LFC being in the qualifiers. If we're not good enough to beat some Albanian team then we're not good enough!

I totally agree Niall, the UEFA cup is :censored:, no disrespect to other teams but LFC deserve to be in the CL even if we have to go through the qualifiers  :angry:
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Mon May 30, 2005 2:54 pm

.. we will be allowed in, but not at the expense of any other country.. there is talk now that we may be allowed in without playing a qualifier as champions.. watch the spaces.. blimey so many thtreads on this now :D
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon May 30, 2005 3:01 pm

MilitiaRusher wrote:
merge wrote:Fenerbahce is smaller team? I do not think so. In turkey Fenerbahce says that " We have 70 million $ income per year". According to their income we cant say that they are small team. But Fenerbahce is "looser".

so what turkish team does your logo represent?

Looks like Besiktas .Malitia .

Personally I wouldn't want to see any team kicked out to allow us in. Uefa should just extend us a special invitation as champions even if it's at a qualifying stage and get on with it.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby liamac » Mon May 30, 2005 3:15 pm

There should be a rule locked in to the UEFA regulations that states  the defending champions  have an automatic place  regardless where they finish in their own domestic league.

No disrespect to the turkish lads but ive never understood why Turkish teams are allowed in european competions  when 95% of the country is Asia, but thats for a different discussion .............or argument  depending waht side of the fence your on :O
liamac
LFC Super Member

Postby greenred » Mon May 30, 2005 3:42 pm

I would imagine Liverpool will take Arsenals place as automatic qualifiers.Ars and Manure will go into the last qualifying round and Everton will play two qualifying rounds.I think. :D
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Mon May 30, 2005 3:43 pm

liamac wrote:No disrespect to the turkish lads but ive never understood why Turkish teams are allowed in european competions  when 95% of the country is Asia, but thats for a different discussion .............or argument  depending waht side of the fence your on :O

Israel :D
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion