Uefa liverpool fans the worst

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:47 pm

Soccer-Platini rows back from UEFA criticism of Liverpool

Tue Jun 5, 2007 3:32PM BST

BRUSSELS, June 5 (Reuters) - Liverpool fans are not the worst behaved in Europe, UEFA president Michel Platini said on Tuesday.

Platini, contradicting statements attributed to UEFA officials last week, told Reuters: "No they are not, it's official, they are not the worst behaved in Europe."

Platini was speaking after a meeting with British sports minister Richard Caborn during which he handed over a report into security problems at last month's Champions League final between Liverpool and AC Milan.

UEFA had blamed Liverpool fans for causing the majority of the problems before the match, alleging that hundreds of English fans who had no tickets or forged tickets forced their way into the Olympic Stadium in Athens.

An official said Liverpool fans had been involved in 25 incidents at away matches in the last four years making them the worst behaved among followers of clubs in European competition.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/footballNews/idUKL0586007220070605

Looks like we will have to hand the trophy back ...
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:52 pm

HantsRed wrote:Check out some of the comments in this thread from Chelski scum about our fans - reading through it made my blood boil, particularly when they start talking about hillsborough.

There is one lone Red on there who is trying to defend us - I cannot believe his patience with some of those a*seholes.

http://www.csrforums2.co.uk/viewtop....start=0

I can't believe how obsessed they are with our club.
Feel free to invade their little Liverpool-hating world and provide some education to the bitters (mark II).

No point in clicking on that link, mate. I know what I will read, and I know they are only saying it because they're just jealous nazi's. Hateful c*nts! We beat them in 3 semi finals in 3 seasons. They're just wee bitters now.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:45 am

Platini admits stadium security at fault
By David Bond
Last Updated: 12:06am BST 06/06/2007

Uefa will review the guidelines for stadiums bidding to host the Champions League final following the crowd chaos that marred this year's match in Athens between Liverpool and AC Milan.

Having condemned ticketless Liverpool supporters for causing the mayhem, Uefa yesterday backed down over the row following a meeting between president Michel Platini and sports minister Richard Caborn in Brussels.

After an hour of talks, Platini agreed to establish a working party to look into ways of tightening security and crowd control ahead of next year's final.

About 5,000 Liverpool supporters without tickets or with forgeries were able to get into the Olympic Stadium at the expense of fans with genuine tickets and Uefa admitted the ground's lack of turnstiles had caused a problem for security officials.

An independent report detailing evidence from police forces across Europe about the poor behaviour of Liverpool supporters since 2003 was given to Caborn by Platini. But Uefa also conceded the club's fans were not solely responsible for the trouble in Athens.

Uefa's new guidelines are likely to focus on grounds with capacities of 80,000 and over. A critical point is likely to be the need for stadiums to have turnstiles that can read barcoded tickets.

That could open the way for Wembley to bid for next year's Champions League final as Moscow's Luzhniki Stadium, the scheduled host for the 2008 event, does not yet have this technology.

Uefa's shift in position came after Liverpool's co-owner Tom Hicks added his voice to the outrage over the governing body's attack on the club's supporters.

Hicks said yesterday: "Uefa did not handle this right at all. To give 17,000 tickets to the two teams, particularly knowing Liverpool are going to bring 40,000 fans, is insane. It's a classic case of a bureaucrat trying to take the pressure off himself.

"They didn't have proper ticketing procedures and unfortunately there were counterfeit tickets. There were fans who paid their hard-earned money to get their tickets and they get to the stadium and are told there is no more room. Are they [the fans] mad? Sure they're mad."

Hicks's comments followed similar remarks from the Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard and chief executive Rick Parry.

But yesterday's talks between Caborn and Platini appeared to take much of the heat out of the row, with both sides now focused on finding solutions to the problems experienced by English fans in Europe this season.

Caborn said: "I suggested they set up a working party, which was well-received by Mr Platini, and I have offered the expertise of the Football Licensing Authority, who are respected on a worldwide basis.

"They will be looking at major European finals and I hope they can start setting some standards for clubs entering the competitions that they have to meet certain criteria."
account deleted by request

Postby Kharhaz » Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:10 am

How long will Platini last in this job? hes going about it the wrong way, hes showing fairness and his eyes are wide open, wont be long before hes ousted from his position and the "immortals" known as UEFA will be able to reign again !

With regards to the chelsea forum, why concern yourself with the opinions of chavs? when Man Utd and Tottenham had crowd trouble the general attitude in here was with what actually happened rather than slating the crowds.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:52 am

16th of June   

This has been officially confirmed as the date of the stadium reveal?

Kewl!!!!
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:03 am

Massive backtrack by UEFA - kudos to Hicks and fans for not lying down and taking this sh!te.

UEFA have been expsoed for what they have done - contradictions and deflecting blame.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:18 am

William Gaillard should resign.

He's been exposed as a liar. He has no credibility as a spokesperson.
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:40 am

The Manhattan Project wrote:William Gaillard should resign.

He's been exposed as a liar. 

Sorry Manhattan, but UEFA probably see that as a core competency rather than a failing.  :D

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lio » Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:28 pm

The Manhattan Project wrote:William Gaillard should resign.

He's been exposed as a liar. He has no credibility as a spokesperson.

This clown is in hot soup  ...

"It is possible that action will be taken against Mr Gaillard. A decision has not yet been taken," said a different UEFA spokesman today. "At the moment, he is working as normal."

Merseyside MPs Jane Kennedy, George Howarth and Peter Kilfoyle have all called for Gaillard to be sacked while Liverpool fans are considering boycotting Champions League sponsors Vodaphone, Ford, Mastercard, Heineken and Sony until Gaillard either resigns or is sacked.

:rasp

LFC Online
lio

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:25 pm

here in singapore...man utd fans are the worst cuz they are a bunch of horrible arrogant scums. chelsea fans...only have the balls to wear their jerseys after they win...liverpool fans....we wear our jerseys even after we lose. cus we're the best =) wooohoooo!
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Scouse_legend » Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:51 pm

who cares if were worst in europe it shows that were more pashanate to are club and that . We show that we dnt fuk about lol

Scouse_legend

Postby redtrader74 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:54 pm

Scouse_legend wrote:who cares if were worst in europe it shows that were more pashanate to are club and that . We show that we dnt fuk about lol

That is one of the worst posts i have read, rubbish content and you get the award for the worst spelling.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:50 pm

redtrader74 wrote:
Scouse_legend wrote:who cares if were worst in europe it shows that were more pashanate to are club and that . We show that we dnt fuk about lol

That is one of the worst posts i have read, rubbish content and you get the award for the worst spelling.

pashanate? lol. cute haha
maypaxvobiscum

Postby ajaxs21 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:56 am

passmeistro_#14 wrote:I'm sorry, but as long as fans in Italy are killing police officers, throwing flares at players, and intimidating/attacking rival fans, or Spanish fans are hurling racial abuse at players, and NOTHING is being done about it, I think UEFA should shut the f**k up about our supporters, and thank them for putting up with some of the most hopeless mis-management ever seen.

that what i wanted to say they killed  police man and we are the worst. what if we where the once who killed some one what what we will be :devil: tipical of the UEFA they stoll out cup in 1985 and now we get their top man saying that we are the worst :veryangry
ajaxs21

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:01 am

that what i wanted to say they killed  police man and we are the worst. what if we where the once who killed some one what what we will be  tipical of the UEFA they stoll out cup in 1985 and now we get their top man saying that we are the worst 

???
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion