Uefa cl decision thread - All post reaction here please

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby MilitiaRusher » Fri Jun 10, 2005 5:15 pm

Looks like the only effective draws would be to Northern Ireland, Wales, Luxembourg, or possibly Faroe Islands. Better if we play at home first so we thrash them and could play a weaker team in the 2nd leg.
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Fri Jun 10, 2005 5:22 pm

YEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!!

Stick this in ur pipe and smoke it bitters  :rasp
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:24 pm

Im pleased were in i just hope our players don't suffer burnout with our busy fixtures list before the start of the premiership season on August 13th.We also have got the Super cup,Carling cup,Fa cup,and WCC does anyone think our Premiership form will be worst with the amount of games we have to play in such a short time. I would love for us to get Everton in the Champions in the 3rd round :buttrock
Last edited by the great one on Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:49 pm

I say we should treat this as pre-season prep...1st 2 games should be a walk over and i'd be surprised if rafa feilds a strong side in the 1st round!
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Galactico » Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:15 pm

To be honest, remember what happened against Burnley? Weve been given a golden oppertunity, no thanks to our fu*king FA, It really would be incredible to win the league next seaon and see the reaction of the majority of those  FA.... t*ats!!

Come on RAFA!!!!!!!!!!
Galactico

Postby Dom1 » Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:11 pm

MilitiaRusher wrote:2006 will be the year when a team from the first qualifying round of the Champions League actually wins the thing.

lets think realistically now...

its not gonna be that is it  :D
when you're 4-0 up..
you should never lose 7-1
Dom1

Postby Leonmc0708 » Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:14 pm

Dom1 wrote:
MilitiaRusher wrote:2006 will be the year when a team from the first qualifying round of the Champions League actually wins the thing.

lets think realistically now...

its not gonna be that is it  :D

Why do you think it will be a gang of gob. :censored: from Jurassic Park ?

Toddle off back to General Chat.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza 1 » Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:47 pm

YES we're in, but don't count your chicken's!!

As you all know I'm a Glentoran supporter as well as a  Liverpool supporter (and I have already explained why!!!) and I know that we have already played a match, but Liverpool and Glentoran have not played in a while! We have improved, we have some very good players!! We are not the champions of the Irish League for nothing!!! :eyebrow
Give us a chance, we might surprise you, just like any of the unseeded teams that Liverpool might draw!!!!

If we do meet, I will look forward to seeing you all at the Oval!!!

LE JEU AVANT TOUT!!!
Gone but never forgotten
JUSTICE FOR BABY P REST IN PEACE BABY BOY X
kazza 1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sat Jun 11, 2005 1:36 am

The glens r my irish team as well but we'll waste them!!!!!

I'll look forward to the game at the oval, lets get it on!!!!!
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sat Jun 11, 2005 1:39 am

john craig wrote:The glens r my irish team as well but we'll waste them!!!!!

I'll look forward to the game at the oval, lets get it on!!!!!

I am completely hammered by the way!!!!!
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sat Jun 11, 2005 2:00 am

Good news about the CL.

Cant help thinking ,that its gonna do us no favours in the EPL .
We need an improved performance on the league and our players could suffer burnout.Also it may be of no concern yet but the world cup is next year and i imagine a few of our players will be in that aswell .
Two years without a proper summer rest could take its toll.
66-1112520797

Postby laza » Sat Jun 11, 2005 3:39 am

Bamaga man wrote:Good news about the CL.

Cant help thinking ,that its gonna do us no favours in the EPL .
We need an improved performance on the league and our players could suffer burnout.Also it may be of no concern yet but the world cup is next year and i imagine a few of our players will be in that aswell .
Two years without a proper summer rest could take its toll.

In terms of EPL campaign its bit of damned if we are in ,damned if we are not.
It will make for long arduous campaign but if we werent in the CL then the prestige, confidence , attraction of stars and money (not just what UEFA dishes out which will be smaller but all merchandising and world profile that CL provides) isnt going to do us any favours mounting a serious EPL challenge
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Sat Jun 11, 2005 5:14 am

POSSIBLE EURO DERBY
By: Mark Rowan

Everton could potentially face local rivals Liverpool in the 3rd Qualifying Round of next season’s Champions League following the decision to allow the European Champions to defend their title.

A decision was made by UEFA’s 14-man executive committee on Friday to award Rafael Benitez’s side a place in the first qualifying round despite the fact that they only managed to secure a fifth placed finish in the Premiership.

As a result of the announcement Liverpool will have no country protection, which therefore means that they can be drawn against other clubs from the same Football Association.

The fact they have been confirmed as a seeded team means a possible clash with Manchester United has been ruled out but a Champions League tie between the two Merseyside clubs is now a distinct possibility.

Everton’s Head of Communication Ian Ross told evertonfc.com: "As it stands at the moment we could come up against Liverpool in the Champions League 3rd Qualifying Round.

“It would seem that Liverpool will be seeded in the qualifiers - whereas we are not.

“This means that whilst Liverpool could not be paired with Manchester United - another seeded club - they could be drawn against us."

The FA are currently seeking formal clarification on the matter with today’s decision also raising the question of how exactly the financial rewards will be shared amongst the English clubs who eventually qualify for the group stages.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Sat Jun 11, 2005 5:15 am

CARSLEY: LATER THE BETTER
By: Mark Rowan

Last season’s Merseyside derby goalscoring hero Lee Carsley doesn’t want to see Everton paired up with Liverpool in the 3rd Qualifying Round of the Champions League.

Friday’s decision by UEFA means a clash of Merseyside’s football giants is potentially on as the current holders have been granted ‘no country protection’.

That means unlike any other team in next season’s competition they will be allowed to play another side from their own country in next month’s draw.

The matter is complicated further by the seeding process, and the fact that Liverpool’s co-efficient is of a high enough standing means they will be a confirmed seed when they enter the competition.

That rules out a potential tie with Manchester United but not with the Blues - a tie Carsley would be against so early on in the tournament.

The Everton midfielder said: "I wouldn't like to get them in the qualifying round because they are obviously a very good team but it would be nice to get them in the group stages if we were both to qualify."

He continued: "I think if you win the trophy then you should have the right to defend it, so I suppose it is fair.

"It is definitely right that they have to go through qualifying because they are getting in by default."
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Sat Jun 11, 2005 5:48 am

If that happens (Liverpool vs Everton), then I worry that Everton being Everton will kick us off the park, that's been largely their style of play although it has proven to be a successful one last season. I hope with the new recruits David Moyes has signed and will sign, they will rely less on that kind of gameplan.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion