Tuesday night - Pray to allah, jesus, god or whoever

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ivor_the_injun » Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:20 am

From Worldcuplatest.com (a site I'd never heard of until about 2 mins ago)

I'm discouraged by the fact that the writer has used "sure" in place of "shore", but hey ho.

-------------

Liverpool Close To Deal With Charlton Athletic For Djimi Traoré and Salif Diao As Rafa Benitez Secures Funds For Kuyt Transfer

Submitted by Scott Harkness on Thu, 27/07/2006 - 20:17.

Liverpool have two players close to sealing moves to Charlton Athletic next season, with Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez hoping to secure extra funds for the transfer of Feyenoord and Holland World Cup striker Dirk Kuyt.

Senegalese defensive midfielder Salif Diao, who is currently training with Charlton Athletic at around £1 million (€1.45 million), and with The Addicks also closing in on securing a year-long loan deal for Liverpool defender Djimi Traoré.

The 26-year-old Mali defender, who moved to Liverpool when former Liverpool manager Gérard Houllier bought him to Anfield for £500,000 in February 1999, has been told his first-team chances will be limited next term and Charlton are in pole-position in a transfer move, with Bolton Wanderers also reportedly interested in a deal for Traore.

Benitez is keen to sure up his strike-force for the beginning of the 2006/07 season, and the funds for a top-name striker would be helped by the departure of both players.

Bolton have already expressed an interest in signing him, but Charlton - who currently have Diao on trial - have jumped to the head of the queue to sign the talented defender.

Traoré’s agent Willie McKay recently said that talks over a move to The Valley are already at an advanced stage.

McKay told skysports.com: “Djimi is close to a move to Charlton. It is a loan move with the option of a permanent deal. I have had talks with Charlton manager Iain Dowie and [Charlton chief executive] Andrew Mills about Djimi.

“Iain is very keen to sign Djimi and we are hopeful it can be pushed through this week so he can make his debut against Valencia this weekend. I am just waiting to hear back from Rick Parry at Liverpool before the move can happen."
ivor_the_injun

Postby anti-hero » Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:34 am

Ivor, that source is shit. :D

Look what he wrote about Traore.

Bolton have already expressed an interest in signing him, but Charlton - who currently have Diao on trial - have jumped to the head of the queue to sign the talented defender.

:D
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:55 am

I was just about to send a query on the word "talented" being used by the journalist to describe Traroe. He may have some talents but not aplenty when it comes to football if one is speaking relative to other average footballers.

Not-so-good in our collective eyes as Traore is, he does not hold a candle to the level of atrocity Salif Diao is. Maybe Lyon should get him now as Houllier is their manager and he bought this awful fellah to Anfield.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:29 am

woof woof ! wrote: :D  If we club together maybe we could buy out his contract ?

And Raffle him .  :D  :D  :D

you'd get more from the WRVS  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:14 pm

I'm still unsure on the status with Diao - it doesn't seem to have been officially announced that he came back to us after failing a fitness test.

Was checking out how Charlton are getting on against Valencia (on Setanta Sports, for those that have it) in case he was on their bench.

Live updates here...
http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=24200&newstype=n

Nothing about Diao, but Morientes opened the scoring for Valencia. :D
ivor_the_injun

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion