Troare first to be shown the exit door.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby account deleted by request » Fri May 19, 2006 4:37 pm

Have to seriously disagree with one point there.  And you're not the only one to have stated this.  Traore is NOT good in the air.  People assume because he is tall he is good in the air, when the fact is that he can't jump, can't get any power into headers and can't direct them either.

I must admit on reflection that you are right I remember J.Cole for Chelsea and Canavaro for Juventus also beat him easily in the air
account deleted by request

Postby metalhead » Fri May 19, 2006 4:38 pm

Well Traore had some good moments last season, saved us a bit against Watford in the league cup semi final. I have to say good bye traore sh*t player but did put some decent preformances.

Considering he has the Champions League medal, i don't think Rafa will sell him less than 10m  :p

ok ok 3m is good enough  :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Fri May 19, 2006 4:46 pm

s@int wrote:
Have to seriously disagree with one point there.  And you're not the only one to have stated this.  Traore is NOT good in the air.  People assume because he is tall he is good in the air, when the fact is that he can't jump, can't get any power into headers and can't direct them either.

I must admit on reflection that you are right I remember J.Cole for Chelsea and Canavaro for Juventus also beat him easily in the air

Going back to your original post though, I agree that Traore did have a lot of good attributes that should have made him a good player.  But much like Heskey, Akinbiyi and other players who have great physical attributes, he just lacked in a few fairly crucial technical attributes.

I actually think he'd do better in a slower league. The pace of the game is one thing he struggled with, the flaws in his game always became more highlighted when he was put under pressure and forced to either play the ball quickly or make a snap-decision.  I think the French league is more his level, although I suspect there will be another Premiership team silly enough to take a chance on him.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby joko » Fri May 19, 2006 4:53 pm

s@int wrote:Big,brave, strong, good in the air, quick and a decent tackler.Yet Traore just wasn't good enough for top level football.

1. big
2. brave
3. strong
4. good in the air
5. decent tackler

rafa must have been given a call by real madrid then...

???
ImageImage Image
joko
LFC Super Member

Postby PCG77 » Fri May 19, 2006 4:53 pm

Giraffe
PCG77

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri May 19, 2006 4:58 pm

0asis wrote:He had a decent season last season (apart from Burnley) and has terrific in the Champions League Final, altho this season he hasn't really been played as often and when he has been played he looked like the Traore of old which was branded "Bambi". It will be a shame to see him leave, but with new arrivals coming in he will be surplus to requirements.

Good luck Djimi, you weren't all bad, and thank you for spending eight years with us. I wish you all the best. :)

He was absolutely shocking in the first half, and it was his foul that led to Milan's opener.

He should have been sold years ago. The lad just isn't good enough.

Sorry Djimi, but surely you must see it yourself?

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri May 19, 2006 5:24 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:
0asis wrote:He had a decent season last season (apart from Burnley) and has terrific in the Champions League Final, altho this season he hasn't really been played as often and when he has been played he looked like the Traore of old which was branded "Bambi". It will be a shame to see him leave, but with new arrivals coming in he will be surplus to requirements.

Good luck Djimi, you weren't all bad, and thank you for spending eight years with us. I wish you all the best. :)

He was absolutely shocking in the first half, and it was his foul that led to Milan's opener.

He should have been sold years ago. The lad just isn't good enough.

Sorry Djimi, but surely you must see it yourself?

i blame traore for 2 of the 3 goals Milan scored inthat first half....he was shocking.  He came on as a sub against Chelsea in the FA cup and he was a liability everytime he touched the ball.  Good riddence to one of the worst defenders i've seen in a Liverpool shirt in the last 5 years
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri May 19, 2006 5:32 pm

Rivals eye defender raid

Fri, May 19 2006 15:36

Defender Djimi Traore has emerged as a summer target for Fulham after the Cottagers called time on their bid to land Wayne Bridge.
Cottagers boss Chris Coleman is keen to recruit the England international on a permanent basis but is considering other options as Chelsea continue to stall over the defender's future.
Coleman has already seen Portsmouth rule out a move for left-back Matthew Taylor, prompting the Welshman to turn his attentions back to Anfield.

Traore appears surplus to requirements on Merseyside and Reds boss Rafa Benitez is prepared to consider offers for the Frenchman.

The imminent arrival of Valencia full-back Fabio Aurelio looks to push him further down the pecking order behind fellow full-backs John Arne Riise and Stephen Warnock.

Coleman had a bid for Traore rejected by Benitez this time last year, but is confident of landing his man this time around.

http://www.eatsleepsport.com/news_de....iership

Looks like we have our first bidder  :laugh:
Last edited by stmichael on Fri May 19, 2006 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Ciggy » Fri May 19, 2006 5:36 pm

TBH he has been with us for years and he seems like a really decent bloke, I know he must be sold because he isnt good enough for us to take us further, but I would'nt want him to go to the bitters they would give him dogs abuse and his nerves would go and he would make more mistakes than he already does, they dont like black players as it is and are a very racial club he would get the brunt of it off them.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Houllier=LFC » Fri May 19, 2006 5:36 pm

Dear Traore, its about time! :D
Houllier=LFC

Postby ALONSO » Fri May 19, 2006 6:02 pm

Happy to see traore sold but not too keen on the idea of Kromkamp possibly going he looks like quite a decent player. Miles better than Josemi.
ALONSO

Postby Scottbot » Fri May 19, 2006 6:27 pm

0asis wrote:He had a decent season last season (apart from Burnley) and has terrific in the Champions League Final

Bloody hell lad. have you actually rewatched the final since May 25th? Poor Djimi played just about the worst half of football i've ever seen from a defender. He did alright after the break but you have to go back and watch it to appreciate how bad he was. I admire the effort Djimi always puts in but i'd happily take a million for the lad if we can get it.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby BLANDY » Fri May 19, 2006 6:32 pm

Just one quick question Traore or Ablett ?
BLANDY

Postby woof woof ! » Fri May 19, 2006 7:17 pm

Ciggy wrote:While players such as Jan Kromkamp are also regularly being touted as possible departures,

WTF, the fella's only just arrived !

Is Rafa really looking to get rid of Kronkamp already ?
If so surely we are entitled question the decision to buy him in the first place . Can't believe that Rafa bought him purely on impulse .
Whilst not exactley setting the place alight ,when he has played he's shown some decent skill .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 48-1119859832 » Fri May 19, 2006 7:27 pm

Scottbot wrote:
0asis wrote:He had a decent season last season (apart from Burnley) and has terrific in the Champions League Final

Bloody hell lad. have you actually rewatched the final since May 25th? Poor Djimi played just about the worst half of football i've ever seen from a defender. He did alright after the break but you have to go back and watch it to appreciate how bad he was. I admire the effort Djimi always puts in but i'd happily take a million for the lad if we can get it.

Okay, I shall re-phrase that, he had a good second half.  :D
48-1119859832

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion