Transfers - In and out

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby red37 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:02 am

this is the list of transfers liverpool have concluded this window.

Summer arrivals & departures

As the transfer window closes for the summer, we take a review of the players who have arrived and left Anfield this summer. Scroll down for more information on the five youngsters Rafa Benitez has signed aswell...

Arrivals:

Mohamed Sissoko (£5.5m, Valencia)
Boudewjin Zenden (Free Transfer, Middlesbrough)
Mark Gonzales (Winger, Albacete) (Season loan)
Jose Reina (GK, Villareal) (Fee unknown)
Antonio Barragan (RB, Sevilla) (Fee unknown)
Peter Crouch (Striker) (£7m, Southampton)
Jack Hobbs (Defender, Lincoln City)
Godwin Antwi (Defender, Real Zaragoza)
Miquel Roque (Defender, Lleida)
Besian Idrizaj (Attacking midfield, Linzer ASK)
Ramon Calliste (Striker, Manchester United)

Departures:

Bruno Cheyrou (Season loan to Bordeaux, view to permanent move)
Chris Kirkland (Season loan to West Brom)
Aliou Diarra (Lens, £2m)
El Hadji Diouf (Bolton, undisclosed)
Vladimir Smicer (Released, signed for Bordeaux)
Maurico Pellegrino (Released, signed for Alaves)
Igor Biscan (Released, signed for Panathinaikos)
Paul Harrison (Released, training with Chester)
Jon Otsemobor (Released, signed for Rotherham United)
Richie Partridge (Released, signed for Sheffield Wednesday)
Mark Smyth (Released)
Gregory Vignal (Portsmouth)
Antonio Nunez (Celta Vigo)
Anthony Le Tallec (Sunderland, season loan)
John Welsh (Hull, season loan)
Robbie Foy (Wrexham, loan until Jan 31st 2006)
Milan Baros (Aston Villa, £6.5m)
salif diao (portsmouth)loan

The Youngsters...

Miquel Roque

Miquel Roque, or Miki as he prefers to be known as, joined Liverpool in the summer of 2005 from Spanish second division side Lleida.
Roque was spotted by Liverpool's Chief Scout Paco Herrera and is highly rated as a bright prospect for the future.
He is 17-years of age and can play centre half or central midfield. Roque will be a regular member of the Liverpool Reserve team squad for the 2005/06 season.

Jack Hobbs

Centre half Jack Hobbs became Rafael Benitez's seventh summer signing of 2005 when he signed a three year professional contract on his 17th birthday, August 18th 2005.
Hobbs had a successful trial at Anfield during the summer of 2005 and initially signed a pre-contract agreement with the Anfield club on August 1st from Lincoln City.
He made his Liverpool debut while still at the age of 16 for the reserves in a mini derby against Everton.
Hobbs told Liverpoolfc.tv: ""What a 17th birthday it is for me to sign for Liverpool, and it goes without saying that I will never forget this one! I am absolutely delighted to be at Liverpool, this is a dream come true for me.
"If someone had told me a year ago I would be a Liverpool player now I wouldn't have believed them. This is unbelievable. I'm still pinching myself and it's a real opportunity for me.
"I only made my debut last season for Lincoln's first team against Bristol Rovers and although it was only for three minutes I really enjoyed it.
"Everyone has been friendly. Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher have been great with me. The manager Rafael Benitez has been really nice as well. He's said 'Welcome to Liverpool, good luck and all the best'."

Antonio Barragan

Antonio Barragan is a highly promising young Spanish defender who Rafael Benitez signed from Seville in July 2005.
He made his Liverpool debut in Bulgaria as a substitute in the Champions League third round qualifying win over CSKA Sofia in August 2005.
His capture was viewed as a shrewd one by observers in Spain and Rafa has earmarked him as one for the future.
An attacking right back, Barragan didn't make an appearance for Sevilla's first team, but caught Liverpool's attention with a series of superb displays for their youth side.
At the end of the 2004/05 season he rejected the chance to sign a professional contract in Seville to opt for the new challenge under Benitez at Anfield.

Besian Idrizaj

Idrizaj is 17 and is Austria's current young player of the year, and has signed a two-year deal with the European Champions after recently enjoyed a trial spell at Melwood.
The boyhood Liverpool fan is an attacking midfield and has signed from Linzer ASK in the Austrian league.
Idrizaj is delighted with the move and said: "I have always been a Liverpool fan and it is a dream come true to play for them.
"If you get a chance to go to Liverpool on trial then you have to take it. You cannot ingore a trial with the reigning Champions League winners. I would even have swam across the channel just to take part."

Ramon Calliste

Striker Ramon Calliste, 19, is a Wales Under-21 international and he has signed a one-year deal with Liverpool. He was released by Manchester United at the end of last season and impressed Liverpool during his recent trial spell. Calliste scored for the reserves against Newcastle last week.

lot of promise and a lot of deadwood shifted. can only get better  :)
Last edited by red37 on Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby matrix » Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:12 am

red37 wrote:this is the list of transfers liverpool have concluded this window.

Summer arrivals & departures

As the transfer window closes for the summer, we take a review of the players who have arrived and left Anfield this summer. Scroll down for more information on the five youngsters Rafa Benitez has signed aswell...

Arrivals:

Mohamed Sissoko (£5.5m, Valencia)
Boudewjin Zenden (Free Transfer, Middlesbrough)
Jose Reina (GK, Villareal) (Fee unknown)
Antonio Barragan (RB, Sevilla) (Fee unknown)
Peter Crouch (Striker) (£7m, Southampton)
Jack Hobbs (Defender, Lincoln City)
Godwin Antwi (Defender, Real Zaragoza)
Miquel Roque (Defender, Lleida)
Besian Idrizaj (Attacking midfield, Linzer ASK)
Ramon Calliste (Striker, Manchester United)

Departures:

Bruno Cheyrou (Season loan to Bordeaux, view to permanent move)
Chris Kirkland (Season loan to West Brom)
Aliou Diarra (Lens, £2m)
El Hadji Diouf (Bolton, undisclosed)
Vladimir Smicer (Released, signed for Bordeaux)
Maurico Pellegrino (Released, signed for Alaves)
Igor Biscan (Released, signed for Panathinaikos)
Paul Harrison (Released, training with Chester)
Jon Otsemobor (Released, signed for Rotherham United)
Richie Partridge (Released, signed for Sheffield Wednesday)
Mark Smyth (Released)
Gregory Vignal (Portsmouth)
Antonio Nunez (Celta Vigo)
Anthony Le Tallec (Sunderland, season loan)
John Welsh (Hull, season loan)
Robbie Foy (Wrexham, loan until Jan 31st 2006)
Milan Baros (Aston Villa, £6.5m)
salif diao (portsmouth)loan

The Youngsters...

Miquel Roque

Miquel Roque, or Miki as he prefers to be known as, joined Liverpool in the summer of 2005 from Spanish second division side Lleida.
Roque was spotted by Liverpool's Chief Scout Paco Herrera and is highly rated as a bright prospect for the future.
He is 17-years of age and can play centre half or central midfield. Roque will be a regular member of the Liverpool Reserve team squad for the 2005/06 season.

Jack Hobbs

Centre half Jack Hobbs became Rafael Benitez's seventh summer signing of 2005 when he signed a three year professional contract on his 17th birthday, August 18th 2005.
Hobbs had a successful trial at Anfield during the summer of 2005 and initially signed a pre-contract agreement with the Anfield club on August 1st from Lincoln City.
He made his Liverpool debut while still at the age of 16 for the reserves in a mini derby against Everton.
Hobbs told Liverpoolfc.tv: ""What a 17th birthday it is for me to sign for Liverpool, and it goes without saying that I will never forget this one! I am absolutely delighted to be at Liverpool, this is a dream come true for me.
"If someone had told me a year ago I would be a Liverpool player now I wouldn't have believed them. This is unbelievable. I'm still pinching myself and it's a real opportunity for me.
"I only made my debut last season for Lincoln's first team against Bristol Rovers and although it was only for three minutes I really enjoyed it.
"Everyone has been friendly. Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher have been great with me. The manager Rafael Benitez has been really nice as well. He's said 'Welcome to Liverpool, good luck and all the best'."

Antonio Barragan

Antonio Barragan is a highly promising young Spanish defender who Rafael Benitez signed from Seville in July 2005.
He made his Liverpool debut in Bulgaria as a substitute in the Champions League third round qualifying win over CSKA Sofia in August 2005.
His capture was viewed as a shrewd one by observers in Spain and Rafa has earmarked him as one for the future.
An attacking right back, Barragan didn't make an appearance for Sevilla's first team, but caught Liverpool's attention with a series of superb displays for their youth side.
At the end of the 2004/05 season he rejected the chance to sign a professional contract in Seville to opt for the new challenge under Benitez at Anfield.

Besian Idrizaj

Idrizaj is 17 and is Austria's current young player of the year, and has signed a two-year deal with the European Champions after recently enjoyed a trial spell at Melwood.
The boyhood Liverpool fan is an attacking midfield and has signed from Linzer ASK in the Austrian league.
Idrizaj is delighted with the move and said: "I have always been a Liverpool fan and it is a dream come true to play for them.
"If you get a chance to go to Liverpool on trial then you have to take it. You cannot ingore a trial with the reigning Champions League winners. I would even have swam across the channel just to take part."

Ramon Calliste

Striker Ramon Calliste, 19, is a Wales Under-21 international and he has signed a one-year deal with Liverpool. He was released by Manchester United at the end of last season and impressed Liverpool during his recent trial spell. Calliste scored for the reserves against Newcastle last week.

lot of promise and a lot of deadwood shifted. can only get better  :)

thanks for that red37  some good young players that will come through  the future looks good   :buttrock

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:27 am

hate to bring more bad news but he didn't get a work permit and the deal collapsed.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby matrix » Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:31 am

7_Kewell wrote:

hate to bring more bad news but he didn't get a work permit and the deal collapsed.

that deal should happen in january  but 7_kewell dont quote me on that   :D

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby oOShrimpyOo » Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:12 am

its good that we got rid of alot of dead wood.
oOShrimpyOo

Postby Houllier=LFC » Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:12 am

I believe a lot of these youngsters will get a shot at 1st team action this season. Perhaps its the trust in them, thats why rafa is not panicking with the transfers.
Houllier=LFC

Postby ry_math » Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:21 pm

most of them will get a chance this season with the amount of games cumming up, they will play a part in the carling cup like the youths did last year
ry_math

Postby onizukaeikichi » Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:27 pm

lets hope for the best!
onizukaeikichi

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion