Transfer worries - Patience is not always a virtue

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Effes » Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:53 am

Is it just me? Or does the Duff to NUFC deal stink a bit?

Have Chelsea stooped to greater depths by now offloading to lesser clubs for bargain prices?
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:03 am

Along with the midfielder Rafa wants, I still think we need one more striker. Whether it's Kuyt, Anelka or whoever.

Not sure how practical that wish is though.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:42 pm

Sabre wrote:I was wrong before, and BadBob knows a lot, so we'd better pay attention to what he's saying too :)

Cheers Sabre but I must admit (well, I have admitted to aCe') that my knowledge of Serie A is limited.  If you feel fairly sure that Trezeguet has what it takes to make it in England, I'm not going to argue, I guess.  Adaptability is always my question with star players from foreign leagues but, as you say, you just never know (Morientes looked perfect for England while Garcia looked like the kind of player that would really struggle).  Perhaps I've just not seen enough of Trezeguet in league play to make a sound judgment.

Question is, though, would you pay 13mil for him?   :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby stmichael » Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:47 pm

s@int wrote:What about Yakubu off middlesboro? If we are going to pay £12million for a player he would be my choice. Big ,strong, good in the air and can play target man or striker. Scored 19 goals last season and has the happy knack of scoring against all the big sides(except us) Last season he scored against Chelsea,Mancs,Arsenal and Spurs. He looks a big game player is quite mobile and doesnt fall over like Heskey.

will never happen. they'd be mad to let him go considering they've just lost hasselbaink for nowt aswell.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby BOODIDDY » Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:18 pm

:censored: houllier. Alou diarra is off to roma for 4.5m Probably one good season there and then to juve when they come back. The one that got away. How did he not get a chance but diao le tallac and cheyrou did?

French :censored:.:angry:
BOODIDDY
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:40 pm

I dont think Alves was overpriced.  £10 million is a fair price in todays market.
puroresu

Postby puroresu » Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:43 pm

BOODIDDY wrote: :censored: houllier. Alou diarra is off to roma for 4.5m Probably one good season there and then to juve when they come back. The one that got away. How did he not get a chance but diao le tallac and cheyrou did?

Wasnt it Rafa that let Diarra go?
puroresu

Postby adamnbarrett » Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:04 pm

puroresu wrote:
BOODIDDY wrote::censored: houllier. Alou diarra is off to roma for 4.5m Probably one good season there and then to juve when they come back. The one that got away. How did he not get a chance but diao le tallac and cheyrou did?

Wasnt it Rafa that let Diarra go?

it was indeed.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:04 am

ok...juventus are still relegated to serieB , but only start with 17 points taken away ! pretty much safe to say that they'll be back in serieA next season.... So..... said it in another thread.....i think we should try to loan trezeguet, if we cant, might as well buy him ! Anelka would make a good signing, but now that we'v paid less on pennant...i think we cann afford to add in some 4mill and sign trezeguet....they'd rather sell him to liverpool imo....roma would look a force to be reckoned with if they add treze to their squad ! juve wouldnt like that one bit!
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby munky » Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:32 am

Chelsea are going to put ina £20m bid in for Arsenals Cole.
Arsenal will use £10m of the eventual fee for Cole to sign Yossi Benayoun from West Ham, but he is also a target for Liverpool. (Independent)

Rumour which i think is complete :censored: x
*lets bring the samba to Anfield, Fabulous Aurelio*
munky

Postby matrix » Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:35 am

puroresu wrote:I dont think Alves was overpriced.  £10 million is a fair price in todays market.

if it was 10 million,  its a fair price... the truth is we are still looking for investments,  and with the new stadium...plus cisse getting injured again... we just didnt have that much to spend on a right winger... shame   ???

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maverick_ charan » Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:27 am

I want to get to this first RAFA would not have signed duff he is overloaded with left sided players.Plus MR MOney grabber can enjoy his injury prone years with a fat paycheck at newcastle(with a former KOP Legend)
Overrall RAfA has spent on bellamy,aurellio was free,pennent,Paletta,gonzales transfer took place 
in the last financial year and he also sold morientes for 3.1 million,even if we could raise 1.5 million selling dudek we could still salvage something in the tranfer window,total spendings 6 million+3.5 million+6.5 million =16million-sales(3.1)=13 million reckon rafa lookingformore sales dudek 1.5,traore is speaking to charlton(i have taken out cisse from this equation it is murky)Rafa has spent a reasonable 12.9 million WE should be looking for a striker in 8.5 million range that could become inflated if we can offload dudek and traore so will rafa buy 2 players at smaller prices or 1 stiker at price range of 10-11.5million What do u guys think he should do, the strikers doing the rounds are well known,but who else is he looking at any inside information tranfer rumor? ????? ???
maverick_ charan

Postby anti-hero » Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:43 am

maverick_ charan wrote:I want to get to this first RAFA would not have signed duff he is overloaded with left sided players.Plus MR MOney grabber can enjoy his injury prone years with a fat paycheck at newcastle(with a former KOP Legend)
Overrall RAfA has spent on bellamy,aurellio was free,pennent,Paletta,gonzales transfer took place 
in the last financial year and he also sold morientes for 3.1 million,even if we could raise 1.5 million selling dudek we could still salvage something in the tranfer window,total spendings 6 million+3.5 million+6.5 million =16million-sales(3.1)=13 million reckon rafa lookingformore sales dudek 1.5,traore is speaking to charlton(i have taken out cisse from this equation it is murky)Rafa has spent a reasonable 12.9 million WE should be looking for a striker in 8.5 million range that could become inflated if we can offload dudek and traore so will rafa buy 2 players at smaller prices or 1 stiker at price range of 10-11.5million What do u guys think he should do, the strikers doing the rounds are well known,but who else is he looking at any inside information tranfer rumor? ????? ???

Wow.. thats some .. smashing homework.  :D

But you sound like a math geek on a caffeine high.

Care to slow down and punctuate abit?

So thats 16 million in sales and 8 million for a striker whose fees could inflate?

Well that's about all I could make out anyways..
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion