Transfer speculation - Valencia

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Matt D » Wed Sep 15, 2004 1:03 pm

Before you all jump on my back i know it is only speculation and there is no harm in dreaming but with RB and Valencia patching up their differences there is talk on LFC online that Robert Ayala and Mista could be coming to us when the window opens in January.
Ayala as a highly rated defender could form a formidable partnership with Sami in central defence leaving Carragher to fill in any position when injuries occur or players are not performing - and selling Traore to Everton because if we are all honest he is not to the standard we require.
Mista - from what i have heard and seen and the fact that he has worked under RB before (as they both have) could act as our 1st striker with cisse no 2 - which i think would do cisse some good as it takes pressure off him to fill in Owens shoes.
I would use Baros as bait or sell him for maybe £10m if we could get it - leaving us with cash to buy another forward, who - i dont know
What i do know is that Baros is a much better player for his country then his club and we need to sell him now when it is still fresh in other managers minds that of him being top scorer in the Euro 2004

like i said it is all speculation but i think we would have a more complete team
Matt D

Postby stmichael » Wed Sep 15, 2004 1:07 pm

i read this on another lfc website today. apparently ayala and mista were left out of valencia's champions league match last night which has added to the speculation that they may be leaving. apparently ranieri has admitted that mista is in a serious dispute with the club so he is the more likely of the two to leave. however both would be great. :)
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Wed Sep 15, 2004 1:16 pm

stmichael wrote:i read this on another lfc website today. apparently ayala and mista were left out of valencia's champions league match last night which has added to the speculation that they may be leaving. apparently ranieri has admitted that mista is in a serious dispute with the club so he is the more likely of the two to leave. however both would be great. :)

that sounds promising.
i suspect rafa has sumthing up his sleeve regarding mista especially.
its not the chilli sauce on kebabs that give you ring-sting, its the actual meat. had one without chilli, and still had ring-sting. the chilli's only there to mask the nonsense they stuff inside that bread.
jim_morrison_supported_liverpool
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Wed Sep 15, 2004 1:23 pm

Yer Mistas contracts up and he wont sign another one but isnt he already cuptied for valencia? I should think he is.  And raffas comments this morning suggests  more players are coming come january but he doesnt want to scare the team at the moment in saying what positions of the field are weak we know so no doubt he does. I agree aswell sell baros we should have sold him to barca when we had the chance he just cant hack it for us good player but hes deffo a country man.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:03 pm

for me it depends on the prices, ayala is class i grant u, but isnt he around 31 alerady? if so, we dont wanna be spending much for him really, id rather buy a good young lad for a load of money who can stay with us for years to come
mista as well is a strange one, a guy who fires hot and cold, 3 goals one season, 23 the next.
why not go for saviola? barac dont want him and hes a good little player
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:26 pm

stmichael wrote:i read this on another lfc website today. apparently ayala and mista were left out of valencia's champions league match last night which has added to the speculation that they may be leaving. apparently ranieri has admitted that mista is in a serious dispute with the club so he is the more likely of the two to leave. however both would be great. :)

ayla is out to january wat does tell you the window open in january dnt no about mista all though beni and mista have the same agent could work in our favour :D
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:33 pm

dawson99 wrote:for me it depends on the prices, ayala is class i grant u, but isnt he around 31 alerady? if so, we dont wanna be spending much for him really, id rather buy a good young lad for a load of money who can stay with us for years to come
mista as well is a strange one, a guy who fires hot and cold, 3 goals one season, 23 the next.
why not go for saviola? barac dont want him and hes a good little player

Agreed, the price on Ayala would have to be right at 31. Though in saying that a experienced older player would come in handy
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion