TOULOUSE VS LIVERPOOL - build up/in game/ reaction

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The_Rock » Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:59 pm

Just heard that Toulouse beat the mighty lyon...yes lyon. Guess that means it will be another tough away game (after villa) followed by chelsea.

Anyway......here's hoping again we at least win 1-0 (wouldn't mind if it is another own goal).

Team i would like to see....

Seeing how IMO how riise, arbeloa, alonso (although looking more fit) didn't have a good game, I would like to see this team put out.

Reina
   Finnan   Carra   Hyppia    Riise
   Pennant  Gerrard Mascherano Yossi
           Torres
                           Crouch.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:13 pm

Id go for more or less the same team except I think Momo will start ahead of Gerrard, we should be able to win this game or at least get a draw even with a few of the first team out.
Last edited by Dundalk on Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:17 pm

Dundalk wrote:Id go for more or less the same team except I think Momo will start ahead of Gerrard, we should be able to win this game or at least get a draw even with a few of the first team out.

If momo starts ahead of gerrard....i can assure u the rotation thread will hit 50 pages on thursday ...  :D

There is noway we can drop gerrard.....He is the only one who looks like scoring for us.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LittleHobo » Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:33 pm

i dont want torres behind any striker

he has the pace and leads the line and causes problems

dont have him dropping deep....please
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby Dundalk » Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:49 pm

The_Rock wrote:
Dundalk wrote:Id go for more or less the same team except I think Momo will start ahead of Gerrard, we should be able to win this game or at least get a draw even with a few of the first team out.

If momo starts ahead of gerrard....i can assure u the rotation thread will hit 50 pages on thursday ...  :D

There is noway we can drop gerrard.....He is the only one who looks like scoring for us.

I hear what you are saying and if we were playing Wigan at the weekend then fair enough but its Chelsea so I think he wont play
Last edited by Dundalk on Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pineapple Nutty » Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:06 pm

The_Rock wrote:

100% AGREE WITH YOU THERE!  :grinning:
Pineapple Nutty

Postby whylongball? » Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:58 pm

The_Rock wrote:

Fully agree. Gerrard got to be in the middle. There is so much more than just hacking players down in CM'role. Momo cant shoot, pass,surge. He can only tackle and give the ball back to the opponent ???
whylongball?

Postby Dundalk » Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:59 pm

Its an away match and as I have said we have Chelsea the weekend, we will see what happens
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:28 am

I really want this to be a "one" legged affair, like PSV last year only 4-0 instead of 3.  Can't see Pennant playing after his temper tantrum, and would hope for Babel to start on the left.
                   Reina
Finnan    Carra     Agger   Riise
Yossi    Gerrard    Alonso   Babel
            Torres    Crouch
Subs: Idjante, Arbeloa, Mascherano, Pennant, Kewell, Kuyt, Voronin,
JoeTerp

Postby whylongball? » Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:55 pm

Dundalk wrote:Its an away match and as I have said we have Chelsea the weekend, we will see what happens

i can see where you come from but i would still choose Mascherano over Momo.
At this level you got to keep possession man, But of course its still Rafa's decision :)
whylongball?

Postby jaytoothetee » Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:46 pm

JoeTerp wrote:I really want this to be a "one" legged affair, like PSV last year only 4-0 instead of 3.  Can't see Pennant playing after his temper tantrum, and would hope for Babel to start on the left.
                   Reina
            Torres    Crouch

spot on. totally agree with you on the side there.
kill this tie early and then maybe take gerrard off in the 2nd half. as long as we win convincingly players can be rested in the 2nd leg.
imo this early in the season it is important to give players a run of games, gerrard and torres need to hit their stride now so they can go into the chelsea game with confidence.

One time, I saw a man looking at me, yes, with his eyes. And then, he, he picked up a tube. And he looked, in the tube, and he made the moon big, inside the tube. The moon big inside a tube! Waahaha... Aaah. Telescope.
jaytoothetee

Postby Rafa D » Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:12 pm

Can see a bit of rotation flying into this one to be honest lads. I know some don't like to see it, but Rafa made it quite clear at the start of the season, the Premiership is his priority this year so expect rotation to be inflicted more in the Champions League games. Yossi, Maschereno and Crouch will all definitely start in my opinion because they missed out on the weekend. Reina's a given, alongside Carra and Finnan. Agger could be rested and Riise could revert to LB so Kewell or Babel (who will definitely play somewhere) can take the LM slot.

Kuyt and Torres will not start, and neither will Stevie G with Rafa looking ahead to Sunday's game with Chelsea.

The team I reckon he'll go for is:

...............Reina

Finnan   Carra   Hyypia   Riise

Yossi   Momo   Masch   Kewell

Babel      Crouch.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:15 pm

Time and a place...this is both.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:40 pm

JoeTerp wrote:I really want this to be a "one" legged affair, like PSV last year only 4-0 instead of 3.  Can't see Pennant playing after his temper tantrum, and would hope for Babel to start on the left.
                   Reina
            Torres    Crouch

hmmm.....i`m sure we`d all like to wrap this tie up on wednesday but i think we cant afford to underestimate this lot either.
lyon have proved over the last few seasons that they are more than a force to be reckoned with in the champions league and have beaten some high profile clubs like real madrid, and as someone mentioned earlier toulouse beat lyon the weekend.
any away win would be a good result to me.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby RichardLFC1 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:43 pm

I think because we didnt see the likes of Crouch Benayoun Mascherano and Kewell on saturday they will start the game against Toulouse. Probably making way for Torres Gerrard and Arbeloa.
Although i think Gerrard and Torres will be on the bench and get a run out. Wouldnt mind seeing the likes of Leto though

My team

Reina

Finnan
Agger
Carragher
Riise

Benayoun
Alonso
Mascherano
Kewell

Crouch
Kuyt/Voronin