TOTTENHAM VS LIVERPOOL - Wed 12/11/08 19:45. whl, carling cup r4

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby jedwards » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:16 pm

:angry:
The same old story of pervious disappointments at this stage of every seasons for the past three miserable years, and by last night showing performance, we have witnessed a comedy clip of seven minutes of a good hammering and disgrace for a Liverpool football team, which it was guided by the genius Benitez, it is totally unacceptable.

I just do not understand about the wisdom and most genius plans behind having strong depth in Liverpool squad as it is in our case.  Ideally for your team to have a very strong depth, it must contains a very good talented experience players, and very promising young players, as the likes of M.United, Chelsea, and above all Arsenal (who their kids do stand out ), but you can not say the same in our case.

Based on our showing a very bad displays in the recent seasons by our second strings of a mixed squad players and young ones, which it did lacks good team play, good understanding, and coordination, and it just make me wonder what kind of progress Benitez had achieved with his squad so far,  which in fact he has littered his squad with very below average second strings of players the likes of Degen, Dosenna, Ngog, Cavalieri, (the new comers) and others,  where in fact the young players in the squad are better than them, and when you try to get result out of this kind of mix as Benitez's desire it, you will always get a shitty outcome.

Benitez who is looking for a new contract, ( which I believe he is not worthy of one) ought to stop wasting LFC money by strengthen his squad with very average  (international players) as he label them, and concentrate on producing top and promising young sting of players to be come the back bone for the first team, and also he should give them a good share of chances in league matches with first team in order to blend them with top first team's players. 

I know for fact that LFC youth squad and reserves filled with very talented promising players the likes of Nemeth, Insur, Plessis, Darby, Flora, and others, but above all them, is El Zhar. However, the problem we have here is Benitez, he is the real obstacle from not allowing those talented players to flourish.
jedwards

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:20 pm

may as well all kill ourselves now :D
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnymarcu » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:22 pm

It was the worst match in months...
ImageImage
johnymarcu

Postby mistyred » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:18 pm

El Zahar looks like he magic in those feet, he looks like one of the players that
would make an entire crowd stand up with a moment of magic in years to come if nertured properly.

But overall last night was shambolic :(

BUT role on the first team and the title  :bowdown
Last edited by mistyred on Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:33 pm

I beleive El Zhar is as good as Lennon and as good as Wright Phillips when he broke into the City team.  I would have hoped that this year he would be getting on for the last 15 to 20 mins of some Premiership games to bleed him in but this hasnt happened very often. 

The guy is clearly talented and exciting, and with the right encouragement, training and oppourtunities could easily be a first teamer by next year.  But that would probably mean leaving Kuyt out of the team and that is something that Benitez does not appear to want to do prefering a hard worker rather than a "flair" player.
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Rush Job » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:36 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:degen should be given more chances. i thought attacking wise he was good. dossena is rubbish. what a waste of money. ive never seen newkit so unanimous in their critical opinion of any player. usually there'll be good points but this is beyond help.

Dossena has managed to do the impossible......
Make the whole of newkit agree. :D
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby destro » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:49 pm

Rush Job wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:degen should be given more chances. i thought attacking wise he was good. dossena is rubbish. what a waste of money. ive never seen newkit so unanimous in their critical opinion of any player. usually there'll be good points but this is beyond help.

Dossena has managed to do the impossible......
Make the whole of newkit agree. :D

For me that is a strange thing to happen, a quick look through the threads of both players will reveal that MOST were convinced that the more money you pay or the more glamorous country they play for virtually guarantees one to be better than the other.

:lookaround
destro

Postby Rush Job » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:50 pm

Ola Mr Benitez wrote:Lucas - Offers nothing.  Has not improved since he arrived. Never going to be good enough

I`d say he`s often looked worse,as far as I can tell his progress is being hinderd/held back and he is also lacking match fitness and confidence.
Why do we keep spending good money on kids with bags of talent (twice young player OTY in Brazil in Lucas`s case) and if anything hinder their progress?
And then you look over at the mancs and Arsenal.....
Last edited by Rush Job on Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:56 pm

Appalling, shambolic, gutless performance that simply underscores that too many of our squad players aren't of requisite quality and some are not fit to wear the shirt, full stop.  Any news as to why Pennant wasn't playing?  Surely he was injured or he would have at least made the bench?  Or has Rafa finally cast him out for good? ???
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Judge » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:02 pm

that result made you wish dirk was playing :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby calkop » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:03 pm

Why Rafa did not start with the team that finished, with Torres in for Dossena and Babbel out left, only he knows.  If we are going to play a weakened team,  why not play some youngsters.  We looked good the last 20-30 mins of the game.

Degen = sh*t.  Absolute rubbish.  Dortmund should have paid us, and we have paid far too much for him already.  If he was an honest man he would say sorry for the waste and turn his wages back in and go back home.  He could not even bother to defend!  No positioning sense and no bottle.  I don't think he made a tackle all night.  Starting Darby would have been a much better option for the team as he could have gained some much needed experience and confidence, and he will be here in the future as Degen will not. 

Insua at left back?  We all know Dossena is cr*p and surely Rafa has to see this by now.  Why did he need to play this game?  It was the perfect opportunity to play Insua, and when he came on he looked miles ahead of Dossena. 

Also the tactics.  Two weeks ago we played there with Gerrard Alonso and Masch all in the middle of the park.  Last night we play Lucas and Plessis?  What the ****!  Did Rafa really expect that to work.  Alonso was rested at the weekend so he could have been used.  No excuse.  Lucas and Alonso should have been the midfield pair, as Lucas needs a cooler head next to him to have confidence to play. (Although I did feel he was the one starter who actually looked like he cared and wanted to win.  Hold your head up kid I thought you played well.) The game Plessis had against Arsenal last year is turning out to be a bad thing.  That is the ONLY time he has EVER played well.  It was a one off performance and will not be repeated.  Mark my words.  The kid is not good enough and should be sold.  Where the hell is Spearing.  Come on Rafa!  Plessis did not connect a pass all night.

Torres played shocking!  First game back to be fair, but I expected more to be honest.  I mean it is Corluka and Dawson for Gods sake!

Rant over.  Thoroughly tick off about the first half performance.  Bring on Bolton, it can't com soon enough.
calkop

Postby Rush Job » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:04 pm

Scottbot wrote:none of them (by the sounds of it) grabbed the opportunity so leave them in the reserves.

The thing is though mate alot of those players, Lucas, N gog, Degen, even El zar arent seeing enough time in any team to be fully match fit and build confidence.
To many players are in limbo, we should be loaning players left right and centre so the like of these, players who we might well need at some point are getting regular football.
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:01 pm

Rush Job wrote:
Scottbot wrote:none of them (by the sounds of it) grabbed the opportunity so leave them in the reserves.

The thing is though mate alot of those players, Lucas, N gog, Degen, even El zar arent seeing enough time in any team to be fully match fit and build confidence.
To many players are in limbo, we should be loaning players left right and centre so the like of these, players who we might well need at some point are getting regular football.

I disagree about Lucas he's a had a fair amount of time in the first team and so far has shown absolutely feck all! El Zhar should be given a chance ahead of him. As for the fullbacks we might as well use the yongsters as both Degan and Dossena are embarassingly bad at defending and not much better at attacking.
Come on rafa show some Cahones and brains and start bringing the yongsters through.
heimdall

Postby GYBS » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:05 pm

What do you class as a fair amount of time ? 5 mins at the end of the match ? a consistent run of ten games ?
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:09 pm

Judge wrote:that result made you wish dirk was playing :D

:D  :laugh: lol YEsssssss  :laugh:
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext