TOTTENHAM VS LIVERPOOL - Wed 12/11/08 19:45. whl, carling cup r4

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Spartan1985 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:05 am

Meh its the Carliing cup. Tottenham put far more stock into it than we do. Lets concentrate on the comps that matter!
Spartan1985

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:06 am

You know what the cheeky gets were singin

Can we play you every week :laugh:

Best laugh of the night for me though was when there other keeper came on . This arl fella by me started singin hes wering his dads socks an then afew more followed. you coulnt see his knees  :laugh: it mighten sound funny tellin it but it was :censored:ing hilarious.
An every five minutes the stewards kept coming up the stairs telling every one to sit down .
:laugh: but then came the chant were gonna bounce in a minute . They had no chance
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bam » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:18 am

NANNY RED wrote:You know what the cheeky gets were singin

Can we play you every week :laugh:

Best laugh of the night for me though was when there other keeper came on . This arl fella by me started singin hes wering his dads socks an then afew more followed. you coulnt see his knees  :laugh: it mighten sound funny tellin it but it was :censored:ing hilarious.
An every five minutes the stewards kept coming up the stairs telling every one to sit down .
:laugh: but then came the chant were gonna bounce in a minute . They had no chance

:D

Forum Discourse
Bam
LFC Super Member

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:23 am

How we missed Dirk tonight at least we would have had one player on the pitch graftin an playing for the shirt
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:29 am

NANNY RED wrote:How we missed Dirk tonight at least we would have had one player on the pitch graftin an playing for the shirt

You know what nan thats just what I was thinking.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:41 am

who delivered the corner's that we converted?  Was it Babel?
JoeTerp

Postby metalhead » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:41 am

JoeTerp wrote:who delivered the corner's that we converted?  Was it Babel?

Yeh, for both goals.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hazzaLFC » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:50 am

I was at the game tonight. And was real dissapointed by our performance....especially those by Dossena and Deggan. Awful. If Aurelio and Arbeloa were to get injured, id say our title challenge could be over, coz our cover players in these positions are below average!!!! Dossenna would look out of place in a pub team.....i cant believe he cost £7m. Would much rather have kept Riise and the £3m!! His positioning, and all-round game tonight was shocking.

To be fair to him, hes come from another country and needs time to settle...but i recon his signing could turn out to be Rafa's worst. :angry:
hazzaLFC

Postby Rush Job » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:13 am

Dont want to take anything away from the lad Joe but the goals were as much down to do with dodgy keeping and poor defending as they were to good delivery`s.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:34 am

hazzaLFC wrote:I was at the game tonight. And was real dissapointed by our performance....especially those by Dossena and Deggan. Awful. If Aurelio and Arbeloa were to get injured, id say our title challenge could be over, coz our cover players in these positions are below average!!!! Dossenna would look out of place in a pub team.....i cant believe he cost £7m. Would much rather have kept Riise and the £3m!! His positioning, and all-round game tonight was shocking.

To be fair to him, hes come from another country and needs time to settle...but i recon his signing could turn out to be Rafa's worst. :angry:

Havent seen defending like that in a red shirt since phil Babb.
Yeh he`s that bad, when he hasnt got the ball he`s completely clueless, take the first goal, Hyypia has been dragged across to the right flank so Agger goes to defend near post theres a single runner coming into the box behind Agger normally not a problem your left back just needs to get tight, well theres the single spurs attacker standing, yes standing not running standing 13 yards from our goal, he might as well been stood there picking his nose and reading the paper because even though Drossena was back he wasnt within 10 yards of the only danger, and he acturely managed to go down hill from there.
Ive seen 7 year olds with more defencive savy.
Ive never been one to knee jerk and ive never said anything like this before but I dont think he should play for us again, I`d rather us give a chance to the likes of Insua who TBH didnt put a foot wrong and is always lively than tht sack of spuds. :no
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:36 am

Rush Job wrote:

Dont want to take anything away from the lad Joe but the goals were as much down to do with dodgy keeping and poor defending as they were to good delivery`s.

They were bad defending but he whipped the balls in better than I've seen Gerrard and Aurelio do.
heimdall

Postby Kharhaz » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:41 am

I must admit I am not at all bothered with the performance or result of this match. If we won great, this thread would be shorter but we lost so again more positives. Yes the players should have performed better but lets be honest, as John Craig put it, it was a makeshift squad for a poor cup competition. Win or lose, its a joke of a cup for the top half of the premiership as the goals are set higher than winning a cup with three handles ! That in itself is wrong !
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:42 am

heimdall wrote:
Rush Job wrote:

They were bad defending but he whipped the balls in better than I've seen Gerrard and Aurelio do.

Oh I agree mate he couldnt have put them in any better.
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:56 am

Rush Job wrote:
heimdall wrote:One positive which I am willing to lay a bet that Rafa did not notice was that we actually scored from 2 corners and both were taken by Babel. I actually like Babel as a player, he was the only player who actually looked lively throughout the match, sure he lost the ball a few times but at least he wasn't scared of having a run at the Spurs players. I can only see that lad getting better and better whereas Lucas is a waste of space imo, he's had plenty of time now to prove himself and has done nothing to convince me.
Anyway I reckon Babel should start taking our corners from now on because all his deliveries were good which you can't say for Stevie's or, Aurelio's.

I dont agree mate, Lucas was much better in the second half and when Alonso came on to sit he was transformed into a proper little player, it was a great ball he played that sadly led to their keepers injury.
I dare say if we had started with Alonso and Lucas the outcome could have been different.

You're right, Lucas is not ready to dominate a game yet and today's game was perfect example.  I'm also just wondering why everyone's attacking Lucas and Plessis doesn't get nearly as much blame, even though he was absolutely invisible yesterday.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby red_guy » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:53 am

Rush Job wrote:
hazzaLFC wrote:I was at the game tonight. And was real dissapointed by our performance....especially those by Dossena and Deggan. Awful. If Aurelio and Arbeloa were to get injured, id say our title challenge could be over, coz our cover players in these positions are below average!!!! Dossenna would look out of place in a pub team.....i cant believe he cost £7m. Would much rather have kept Riise and the £3m!! His positioning, and all-round game tonight was shocking.

Havent seen defending like that in a red shirt since phil Babb.
Yeh he`s that bad, when he hasnt got the ball he`s completely clueless, take the first goal, Hyypia has been dragged across to the right flank so Agger goes to defend near post theres a single runner coming into the box behind Agger normally not a problem your left back just needs to get tight, well theres the single spurs attacker standing, yes standing not running standing 13 yards from our goal, he might as well been stood there picking his nose and reading the paper because even though Drossena was back he wasnt within 10 yards of the only danger, and he acturely managed to go down hill from there.
Ive seen 7 year olds with more defencive savy.
Ive never been one to knee jerk and ive never said anything like this before but I dont think he should play for us again, I`d rather us give a chance to the likes of Insua who TBH didnt put a foot wrong and is always lively than tht sack of spuds. :no

That's what i thought too.... I just don't wanna see those two playing for us anymore..we should offload them a.s.a.p.  :veryangry
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion