TOTTENHAM VS LIVERPOOL - Wed 12/11/08 19:45. whl, carling cup r4

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Rush Job » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:19 am

heimdall wrote:
Rush Job wrote:
heimdall wrote:One positive which I am willing to lay a bet that Rafa did not notice was that we actually scored from 2 corners and both were taken by Babel. I actually like Babel as a player, he was the only player who actually looked lively throughout the match, sure he lost the ball a few times but at least he wasn't scared of having a run at the Spurs players. I can only see that lad getting better and better whereas Lucas is a waste of space imo, he's had plenty of time now to prove himself and has done nothing to convince me.
Anyway I reckon Babel should start taking our corners from now on because all his deliveries were good which you can't say for Stevie's or, Aurelio's.

I dont agree mate, Lucas was much better in the second half and when Alonso came on to sit he was transformed into a proper little player, it was a great ball he played that sadly led to their keepers injury.
I dare say if we had started with Alonso and Lucas the outcome could have been different.

and the corners??
anyway I will have to agree to disagree about Lucas, there is no way he is ever worth £11 million in my book.

Well I thought we were discussing his performance tonight not his price tag, which I thought was more like 5 rising to 8 but anyway mate yes I agree the corners put in by Babbel were good but then they were very poorly defended.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:25 am

bavlondon wrote:It doesnt sound good what you were saying though. What can Hicks possibly have up his sleeve to warrant still being so stubborn? Im betting it has something to do with what GG said the other week when he said "all will be clarified soon">

Makes me feel sick mate.

by the way i did lie, my mate just told me it was 36 mile from here to the ground. got to love the north circular and A13 at night. do the same trip in the daytime it could take 3hrs lol
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:28 am

My view of the game:

Our worst performance of the season. We were completely overrun for the majority, and nobody can be considered to have put in a good performance IMO (although Torres was totally starved of service/support and was regaining his match fitness, so isn't as culpable).

First half, we never settled on the ball, our passing was poor and we were caught in possession way too easily. Admittedly Spurs pressed very well and with great intensity, but there was NO outlet for us whatsoever. Bar a jinky run from Babel early on (which didn't actually lead to anything), we offered NOTHING in attack. El Zhar, Babel, Plessis, Lucas, Ngog - the whole lot were shocking. Ngog's ability to hold the ball up is non-existent (as shown against Villa earlier in the season too). Babel was equally as bad, he couldn't hold the ball up, his passing was a joke, his tracking back non-existent. El Zhar let Bale make the pass which led to the opening goal, failed to stop numerous crosses and offered nothing in attack. Plessis/Lucas, passengers. As for the defence. Dossena's performance must have been the worst I've ever seen from a full back at this level (I can't think of a worse performance). The signs were there before, but tonight was utterly embarrassing. I think he's absolutely miles off the pace. Lennon - a player who I don't rate - ripped him a new :censored:. Degen wasn't quite as bad, but was still very poor. Hyypia looked very rusty and couldn't handle the aerial threat of Pavlyuchenko at times first half. Agger was OK, and did put in some important blocks, but still, he was far from his best - although it must be said that he was let down massively by Dossena, Degen and our midfielders for offering no protection.

Second half, we're gifted a goal by virtue of some poor goalkeeping by Gomez and poor defending from Hutton. Straight after that, the game reverts back to what it was like first half, i.e. us getting hammered. They get a fourth before being denied a fifth by the post. We then have a rare venture forward, which leads to a corner, which leads to a goal. Another goal gifted to us by poor goalkeeping. After, we have a little more possession in spells, but don't really create anything, and Spurs have another couple of chances to add to their lead. Marginally better second half, but that was mainly down to Spurs relaxing a touch, and not managing to sustain the inensity they kept first half.
LFC2007

Postby Bam » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:31 am

:laugh:  these kind of match threads a fecking funny tbh, I've just sat here and read everything, its funny. :laugh:

On a more serious note you guys have put me off downloading the game.

Oh well, roll on Bolton.

Who will play at RB on Saturday ... Carra, Darby ? Surely not that Degen fella.

Forum Discourse
Bam
LFC Super Member

Postby lakes10 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:33 am

LFC2007 wrote:My view of the game:

Our worst performance of the season. We were completely overrun for the majority, and nobody can be considered to have put in a good performance IMO (although Torres was totally starved of service/support and was regaining his match fitness, so isn't as culpable).

First half, we never settled on the ball, our passing was poor and we were caught in possession way too easily. Admittedly Spurs pressed very well and with great intensity, but there was NO outlet for us whatsoever. Bar a jinky run from Babel early on (which didn't actually lead to anything), we offered NOTHING in attack. El Zhar, Babel, Plessis, Lucas, Ngog - the whole lot were shocking. Ngog's ability to hold the ball up is non-existent (as shown against Villa earlier in the season too). Babel was equally as bad, he couldn't hold the ball up, his passing was a joke, his tracking back non-existent. El Zhar let Bale make the pass which led to the opening goal, failed to stop numerous crosses and offered nothing in attack. Plessis/Lucas, passengers. As for the defence. Dossena's performance must have been the worst I've ever seen from a full back at this level (I can't think of a worse performance). The signs were there before, but tonight was utterly embarrassing. I think he's absolutely miles off the pace. Lennon - a player who I don't rate - ripped him a new :censored:. Degen wasn't quite as bad, but was still very poor. Hyypia looked very rusty and couldn't handle the aerial threat of Pavlyuchenko at times first half. Agger was OK, and did put in some important blocks, but still, he was far from his best.

Second half, we're gifted a goal by virtue of some poor goalkeeping by Gomez and poor defending from Hutton. Straight after that, the game reverts back to what it was like first half, i.e. us getting hammered. They get a fourth before being denied a fifth by the post. We then have a rare venture forward, which leads to a corner, which leads to a goal. Another goal gifted to us by poor goalkeeping. After, we have a little more possession in spells, but don't really create anything, and Spurs have another couple of chances to add to their lead.

spot on with most of that. it was not nice to see our club put a team out that looked so bad in the first half, in truth i have taken the game with a pinch of salt. i am still mad as hell about it but i think i got all my anger out when i walked into a glass door on the way out....they should put sticker on them glass doors, you never know when they are shut.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:35 am

Bam wrote: :laugh:  these kind of match threads a fecking funny tbh, I've just sat here and read everything, its funny. :laugh:

On a more serious note you guys have put me off downloading the game.

Oh well, roll on Bolton.

Who will play at RB on Saturday ... Carra, Darby ? Surely not that Degen fella.

RB at the weekend should be any player that knows what it means to put a Liverpool shirt on and take orders by other team mates when given to them........IE NONE of our back 4 tonight lol
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:36 am

lakes10 wrote:i am still mad as hell about it but i think i got all my anger out when i walked into a glass door on the way out....they should put sticker on them glass doors, you never know when they are shut.

:D  :D  :D
LFC2007

Postby Rush Job » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:37 am

I cant believe the stick Lucas is getting, he was all over the place in the first half because Plessis was mister no where man.
Rushie saying he doubts he has a future as a pro? come off it what ever performances he`s putting in for us in the 1 game in 10 or what ever he gets a chance asside the lads played for Brazil.
He was one of the brighter sparks in the second half and as soon as a player came on who he could trust he was like a different player.
Dont get me wrong I`m one who had a go at him in the past but theres no way he was one of the shockers tonight, him and El zar were the only two who looked like they could create something and the ball he almost picked Deggen out with was a cracker but for a brave keeper, and who was it who played the ball though for the pen shout? I`m asking because I cant remember not because I can.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:39 am

LFC2007 wrote:
lakes10 wrote:i am still mad as hell about it but i think i got all my anger out when i walked into a glass door on the way out....they should put sticker on them glass doors, you never know when they are shut.

:D  :D  :D

:D  and at least we did not get beat by Burnley  :D

lol i am off to bed with a bruised ego, why is it when you do something silly there is always 20 other there to see it.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:41 am

Rush Job wrote:I cant believe the stick Lucas is getting, he was all over the place in the first half because Plessis was mister no where man.
Rushie saying he doubts he has a future as a pro? come off it what ever performances he`s putting in for us in the 1 game in 10 or what ever he gets a chance asside the lads played for Brazil.
He was one of the brighter sparks in the second half and as soon as a player came on who he could trust he was like a different player.
Dont get me wrong I`m one who had a go at him in the past but theres no way he was one of the shockers tonight, him and El zar were the only two who looked like they could create something and the ball he almost picked Deggen out with was a cracker but for a brave keeper, and who was it who played the ball though for the pen shout? I`m asking because I cant remember not because I can.

Lucas tried his best, but didn't influence the game, he showed glimpses of intelligence, but had no physical presence and lost the ball a couple of times. Looks average, which is very dissapointing because I was one of those that believed he will come good.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:48 am

metalhead wrote:
Rush Job wrote:I cant believe the stick Lucas is getting, he was all over the place in the first half because Plessis was mister no where man.

Lucas tried his best, but didn't influence the game, he showed glimpses of intelligence, but had no physical presence and lost the ball a couple of times. Looks average, which is very dissapointing because I was one of those that believed he will come good.

Dont get me wrong mate I`m not trying to make out otherwise its just how can I put it... on a night where not one of our players had what you would call a good game if there was a gun to your head and you had to pick 3 or 4 out as being better than the rest (not including Alonso whos a given) Lucas would have to be one, IMO anyway.
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:50 am

metalhead wrote:

That's pretty much how I saw it. He was overawed by Huddlestone and Zokora for much of the game. I didn't think he was quite as bad as some of the others, but he was still well below par. The through balls he made to Degen were good, but nothing special and I'd expect any decent player to have found him with the amount of time and space he had on the ball (a result of Spurs easing off a touch having dominated for so long).
LFC2007

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:51 am

Just got back  :( we were garbage an thats putting it nicely.

Ive never seen us play that bad in ages an we were bad. we had nothing an i mean nothing. you know i was expecting the youngsters and some of the lads who dont get regular games to at least put up a fight an show Rafa why they should be in the team. But im afraid they let themselves down .Spurs wernt even all that good so it just shows you how bad we were .

Dossena im lost for words on him. Sh.ithouse an fat b.astard thats all i can say.

Plessis and Lucas looked terrified in the middle couldnt wait to get rid an were was the challanges. None

Degan   :laugh: That is all

Babel stop trying to take to many players on and then send it back to were it come from or loose the ball.

Im not being funny here like an everyone knows i rate Xabi but at least tryed to move the ball around when he came on.

Good support there once again tonight shame it wasnt the same on the pitch.

i got more enjoyment tonight reading my Red all over the Land mag on the way home.
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:53 am

NANNY RED wrote:Just got back  :( we were garbage an thats putting it nicely.

Ive never seen us play that bad in ages an we were bad. we had nothing an i mean nothing. you know i was expecting the youngsters and some of the lads who dont get regular games to at least put up a fight an show Rafa why they should be in the team. But im afraid they let themselves down .Spurs wernt even all that good so it just shows you how bad we were .

Dossena im lost for words on him. Sh.ithouse an fat b.astard thats all i can say.

Plessis and Lucas looked terrified in the middle couldnt wait to get rid an were was the challanges. None

Degan   :laugh: That is all

Babel stop trying to take to many players on and then send it back to were it come from or loose the ball.

Im not being funny here like an everyone knows i rate Xabi but at least tryed to move the ball around when he came on.

Good support there once again tonight shame it wasnt the same on the pitch.

i got more enjoyment tonight reading my Red all over the Land mag on the way home.

Spot on with that.
LFC2007

Postby Rush Job » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:58 am

LFC2007 wrote:
metalhead wrote:

That's pretty much how I saw it. He was overawed by Huddlestone and Zokora for much of the game. I didn't think he was quite as bad as some of the others, but he was still well below par. The through balls he made to Degen were good, but nothing special and I'd expect any decent player to have found him with the amount of time and space he had on the ball (a result of Spurs easing off a touch having dominated for so long).

TBH mate I thought Huddleston was the best mid on show untill Xabi came on, good player him.
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion