TOTTENHAM VS LIVERPOOL - Wed 12/11/08 19:45. whl, carling cup r4

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Number 9 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:21 pm

bavlondon wrote:Will Spurs field a full team given they are defending this cup?

I'd say you can bet your boots they will mate,given the fact they can only really play for domestic cups.
Id say Harry will put out his very best possible team.How sweet would it be though if we beat them with reserves? :D

I dont care if they put us out,in fact it will probably benefit us with fewer games later in the season.I expect a mix of experience and youth but I'd love Rafa just to let the kids go and tell them all they will start as long as they are in the competition,its good experience.

If they put us out,thats OK...let them laugh!
We can laugh louder when we beat them on the last day of the season to take the title! :nod
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:19 pm

Where the hell does Wenger find these kids that Vela has just scored a peach of a goal he had no right in scoring unbelievable
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:49 pm

NANNY RED wrote:Where the hell does Wenger find these kids that Vela has just scored a peach of a goal he had no right in scoring unbelievable

He has an amazing scouting network and contacts all over the world.  Vela looks frightningly good.  Reminds me of fowler as he looks like a real natural goalscorer.
puroresu

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:55 pm

I know we shouldnt be talking about them in here but he had six british kids in that team tonight an they were magnificent and that Wiltshire kid 16 years old unbelievable.
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:40 pm

They win f*ck all though.
LFC2007

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:54 pm

LFC2007 wrote:They win f*ck all though.

An im not saying there gonna win anything this season ,but you must admit some of them kids an they were kids looked a bit of alright to me. The only one i knew was Ramsey id heard of Merida an Simpson but i didnt know anyone else . And yes it was Wigan an they were :censored: imo but ill give credit were it due these kids played well. An it was a great goal by Vela
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:19 am

Vela's one I like the look of, the rest look good players although I haven't seen nearly enough of them and would only be going on a couple of games at most. Seems to me though they always produce/find young players who are good on the ball, look exciting etc.. but they don't end up making too much of an impact, or are too much of the same.
LFC2007

Postby RedRoots » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:42 am

LFC2007 wrote:Vela's one I like the look of, the rest look good players although I haven't seen nearly enough of them and would only be going on a couple of games at most. Seems to me though they always produce/find young players who are good on the ball, look exciting etc.. but they don't end up making too much of an impact, or are too much of the same.

If beating a full strength premier league side 3-0 isn't making an impact i don't know what is. Watching Arsenal tonight made me really jealous, definately some top players in the making there.

Another thing i've wondered lately, where has Nemeth gone? Is he still injured?
RedRoots

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:38 am

check out Vela's assist for the 2nd goal. the speed is terrifying here
and his goal. here 2
maypaxvobiscum

Postby club_Levis » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:40 am

Lets stuff spurs for what they did to us...

.........................Cavalieri.........................................

Degen.........Hypia............Agger................Dossena

Pennant.......Plessis...........Alonso.............Banayoun

..................Babel............Torres

Subs...Ngog
          Reira
          Aurelio
          Kuyt
          Insua
          Lucas
          Reina
club_Levis

Postby Toffeehater » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:22 am

maypaxvobiscum wrote:check out Vela's assist for the 2nd goal. the speed is terrifying here
and his goal. here 2

I'd like to see him try that against a top team . Arsenal are know for their youngsters but it won't win them anything . Vela'z got raw talent still a long way to go and let see if he can sustain it . So far he's done well in 2 carling cup games .
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby sparkycc » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:59 am

i watched the :censored: v wigan game last night and to be honest even though wigan were poor arsenal were very impressive, i have watched are res quite a lot last season either at the game or on tv and i dont think we could of took wigan apart the way arsenal did.
if we played our reserves ie

carvalio
darby            huth                      san joes       insuna

bruna         spearing              pleesi             bruower

pacheho       nemeth

even though there are a few who will push for a 1st team place i dont think they would beat spurs, i saw this team more or less lose to my local team marine in the senior cup last season so to exspect them to beat a premier league team would be to much, unfortunatley we are just a bit behind arsenal when it comes to are reserve side thankfully this is not the case were it really matters in the 1st team.
sparkycc

Postby puroresu » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:33 am

Is torres playing tonight?  my friend said SSN said his due to play this morning.
puroresu

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:50 am

puroresu wrote:Is torres playing tonight?  my friend said SSN said his due to play this morning.

what was he playing this morning?
he is in the team for tonight but unsure if he is a starter or sub.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Redman in wales » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:52 am

maypaxvobiscum wrote:
puroresu wrote:Is torres playing tonight?  my friend said SSN said his due to play this morning.

what was he playing this morning?

chess.

apparently he's quite good!

:D
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion