TOTTENHAM VS LIVERPOOL - Wed 12/11/08 19:45. whl, carling cup r4

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby NiftyNeil » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:32 pm

Chelsea beaten on pens.
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redhayesy » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:33 pm

s@int wrote:Lucas is running round like a blue ar$ed fly, I thought he was our best player..... Plessis, Babel a Ngog along with Degen and Dossena might as well not have turned up..... in fact I am not sure Degen did turn up!

agree with your last part mate, but i don"t agree lucas was our best player,for me he demonstrated why he has a long, long way to go before he"s even considered for a first team place- imho he has no fight in him he doesn"t get stuck in enough for me tonight he had the chance to really shine & stake a claim like alot of the fringe players tonight did it happen did it feck!! no knee jerk reaction here cause as i"ve said in previous posts the cc is not a priority for me, however this was a real opportunity for the players given their chance tonight to give raffa a selection headache - after tonight"s performance he has like me a headache for all the wrong reasons!! i really,really don"t want to criticise any player who put"s on our beloved red shirt, but when i see players who show no passion,desire or urgency in their performance it really makes my blood boil.

it"s not so much the result that frustrates me, it"s the way in which we played,that really concerns me.second stream team or not!
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:33 pm

Burnley beat chelsea :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NiftyNeil » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:35 pm

roberto green wrote:
NiftyNeil wrote:
Cool Hand Luke wrote:Lucas (4) – Rubbish performance, completely lacking confidence.
Plessis (5) – O.K

I think you've got those two mixed up. Lucas was the white lad who was looking for the ball and passing to his team-mates. Plessis was the polar opposite.

That can't be politcaly correct? :no

???

Is Lucas not white and Plessis not black? Or are you not allowed to say that anymore?
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:36 pm

SupitsJonF wrote:
aCe' wrote:
RedBen wrote:Torres off
Insua on

What does this mean to our formation?

it means its even shiittier than it was....
great sub by rafa way to believe in the sht side u pikd out muppet !  :kungfu:

Rafa is the muppet?  How many times have you said bring pennant on?

HE ISN'T EVEN ON THE BENCH .

:D
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:38 pm

SupitsJonF wrote:
aCe' wrote:
RedBen wrote:Torres off
Insua on

What does this mean to our formation?

it means its even shiittier than it was....
great sub by rafa way to believe in the sht side u pikd out muppet !  :kungfu:

Rafa is the muppet?  How many times have you said bring pennant on?

HE ISN'T EVEN ON THE BENCH...YOU TW@T

:nod
LFC2007

Postby Rush Job » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:41 pm

john craig wrote:In days gone by people like Hyypia, Pennant, Lucas etc would be getting a regular game in the reserves so they were sharp when called upon for the first team.  Now they don't.  There is something wrong with the set-up imo, too many players caught in limbo between the reserves and the first team.

That a good point mate, alot of these players arent seeing much time in either side yet we expect them (young lads) to be able to just switch it on and perform not only as individuals but also as a team.
No supprise really.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:42 pm

roberto green wrote:
NiftyNeil wrote:
Cool Hand Luke wrote:Lucas (4) – Rubbish performance, completely lacking confidence.
Plessis (5) – O.K

I think you've got those two mixed up. Lucas was the white lad who was looking for the ball and passing to his team-mates. Plessis was the polar opposite.

What are you talking about ??
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NiftyNeil » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:47 pm

Rush Job wrote:
john craig wrote:In days gone by people like Hyypia, Pennant, Lucas etc would be getting a regular game in the reserves so they were sharp when called upon for the first team.  Now they don't.  There is something wrong with the set-up imo, too many players caught in limbo between the reserves and the first team.

That a good point mate, alot of these players arent seeing much time in either side yet we expect them (young lads) to be able to just switch it on and perform not only as individuals but also as a team.
No supprise really.

Hyypia's a good example. I thought he was well ropey tonight. He was the same last season when Agger got injured. He came into the team and he stank, somuch so that we were calling for Aurelio or Hobbs to play there instead. Once he got his rhythm back though, he was back to his old self. If this is the case for someone as good and experienced as Sami, then what hope is there for the young and inexperience.
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redhayesy » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:48 pm

Rush Job wrote:
heimdall wrote:The only bright point is that we are out of a pointless cup but oh my god how many negatives are there including the fact that we clearly have no squad, despite Rafa's £200 million expenditure!!
The only players who showed any passion and skill were Agger, Hyppia and Babel. I can't blame Torres although he was as bad as I've ever seen him and Alonso did well when he came on. El Shar had a few good touches that's about it. In comparison the Spurs players looked like they had a point to prove, shame our players don't have that type of manager who can get them motivated.  :no

But the thing is mate, how much motivation do they need?
Most of the players picked should have had something to prove, play well and you just might force your way into a league challenging side.
The buck stops with the players on this one, the team put out was good enough to give them a go, they just let there selves down, and when half a side is playing that poor it drags everyone down, youe CB is having to be a FB, your so called attacking mid is having to be the defencive mid and so on.
I would only say DOSSENA, N gog and Plessis(sp) were p!ss poor but thats enough to affect the rest.more

good post rush job totally agree mate, the fringe players shouldn"t be given any other motivation, only the fact they had a real, real chance to play out of their skins tonight, give it everything they had, people go on about giving the younsters a go & fringe players
in games like tonight & i"m one of them people, but when i see performances like i saw  tonight - they have a lot to learn about what is required & expected to earn the right to put on our brloved red shirt.

i only hope for their sakes they have learnt their lesson tonight the hard way!!  as they may not get another chance for along time to come.
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby heimdall » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:48 pm

One positive which I am willing to lay a bet that Rafa did not notice was that we actually scored from 2 corners and both were taken by Babel. I actually like Babel as a player, he was the only player who actually looked lively throughout the match, sure he lost the ball a few times but at least he wasn't scared of having a run at the Spurs players. I can only see that lad getting better and better whereas Lucas is a waste of space imo, he's had plenty of time now to prove himself and has done nothing to convince me.
Anyway I reckon Babel should start taking our corners from now on because all his deliveries were good which you can't say for Stevie's or, Aurelio's.
heimdall

Postby heimdall » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:50 pm

NiftyNeil wrote:
Rush Job wrote:

No supprise really.

Hyypia's a good example. I thought he was well ropey tonight. He was the same last season when Agger got injured. He came into the team and he stank, somuch so that we were calling for Aurelio or Hobbs to play there instead. Once he got his rhythm back though, he was back to his old self. If this is the case for someone as good and experienced as Sami, then what hope is there for the young and inexperience.

Yes that is a fair point and whereas I agree that Rafa is not entirely to blame for not getting the lads motivated enough I think he must be held responsible for this muddle we are in as regards Hyppia etc.
heimdall

Postby roberto green » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:54 pm

Reg wrote:
roberto green wrote:
NiftyNeil wrote:
Plessis (5) – O.K

What are you talking about ??

I was only joking kid :no
roberto green

Postby Dundalk » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:55 pm

:help
Last edited by Dundalk on Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:56 pm

heimdall wrote:One positive which I am willing to lay a bet that Rafa did not notice was that we actually scored from 2 corners and both were taken by Babel. I actually like Babel as a player, he was the only player who actually looked lively throughout the match, sure he lost the ball a few times but at least he wasn't scared of having a run at the Spurs players. I can only see that lad getting better and better whereas Lucas is a waste of space imo, he's had plenty of time now to prove himself and has done nothing to convince me.
Anyway I reckon Babel should start taking our corners from now on because all his deliveries were good which you can't say for Stevie's or, Aurelio's.

I dont agree mate, Lucas was much better in the second half and when Alonso came on to sit he was transformed into a proper little player, it was a great ball he played that sadly led to their keepers injury.
I dare say if we had started with Alonso and Lucas the outcome could have been different.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion