TOTTENHAM VS LIVERPOOL - Saturday november 1st 17.30pm ko

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:03 am

So after a hard fought win against Portsmouth we roll on to Spurs on Saturday. Ok they've had a bit of a rejuvination in their last two games under Harry but I'm still confident that we'll go there and win.

Having seen the Arsenal goals this morning it just reaffirms that there's plenty of goals there for us if we apply ourselves properly. Their keeper is distinctly dodgy, King probably won't play and upfront they are lightweight. Add this to how we've performed away from home this season (I actually think we're better suited to playing away from home than at home) and we've got every reason to be confident.

Torres could well be back so it will be interesting to see if Keane starts or whether we stick with the 4-2-3-1. Keane will be chomping at the bit to score against his old club. Elsewhere, Mascherano for Lucas and Agger for Hyypia would presumably be the other changes with Kuyt reverting back to the right.

2-0 to us for me.
Last edited by stmichael on Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Bermenstein » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:05 am

StMichael,I was in a minute before you  :D
Bermenstein
LFC Super Member

Postby Ben1988 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:10 am

st michael put more effort into his lol

hard game I think 1 - 2, keane to bag against his old club.

I agrre with your changes... how did pennant play last night, only seen breif highlights up to now... id like to see us have a genuine winger that could rain crosses down on their keeper. I know pennant isn't great for this but hes a better crosser of the ball than Kuyt no? well in principle she should be.
Ben1988

Postby Scottbot » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:12 am

stmichael wrote:I actually think we're better suited to playing away from home than at home

Agree with that mate. They will be full of confidence, the crowd will be well up for it so expect them to come at us. Hopefully they'll have a few tired legs from the derby game and Fernando will be ready for a return. I hope Keane plays. It will be a very tough game, we are favourites but and I wouldn't be (particularly) surprised if we dropped a couple of points here.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bermenstein » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:15 am

This could have massive repercussions come Saturday. ???

You have been warned.  :p
Bermenstein
LFC Super Member

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:21 am

easy win,

Spurs 0 - 4 Liverpool (Keane, Gerrard, Torres 2)
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:30 pm

They will up up for this big time.

We have been a little unlucky in the fact that we played Pompey and then Spurs the two teams that just got new managers, it always makes teams play a little better.

We go into this one as favourites and i would hope that Nando will be back. A much as I like Keane I think the formation we used against Chelsea will do the job here with Nando up front. If we keep it tight for the first 20 mins and then hit them I think we will be alright. I can see Spurs coming out all guns blazing with the crowd behind them so we need to keep them quiet.

2-0 Liverpool.

Torres, Gerrard.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:18 pm

I hope we forget about Madrid and go into this game at or almost at full strength. Spurs will be up for this one and unless we are careful it could be a banana skin for us. Personally I don't think Alonso needs a rest , a lot of his running is not at a high tempo and while he may cover a lot of ground he is not sprinting about like say Kuyt or Gerrard are. If he needs a rest I would prefer it was against Madrid anyway. Hopefully Torres will play some part in this game, even if its only off the bench.

Reina
Arbeloa       Carra    Agger       Aurelio

Masch    Alonso

Kuyt               Gerrard             Riera

Torres or Keane

BTW whatever happened to Degan, is he still injured or just not good enough ?
account deleted by request

Postby SoueysBadBuy » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:36 pm

I see us winning 1-0...
Gary Neville is queer!!!
SoueysBadBuy

Postby metalhead » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:38 pm

Whose Degen?

:D

I'm going for a 2-1 win for us.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:41 pm

Doesn't seem like Rafa has the best of time against sides that have just changed their manager.

Marseille at home last season comes to mind, and it wasn't a convincing performance yesterday either.

In this case Rafa should know how 'Arry usually tries to play against him, and should be able to combine that with his knowledge of Spurs talent - but they have a lot of new blood and will most likely being playing a slightly different or totally different role than they had been for most of the season.

We should still win though.
JoeTerp

Postby Santa » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:52 pm

Nah...Spurs will be a walkover...they can't even beat a bunch of Arsenal Ladies :D
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:59 pm

metalhead wrote:Whose Degen?

not a guy from linkin park
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:00 pm

Judge wrote:
metalhead wrote:Whose Degen?

not a guy from linkin park

nar, thats mike shinoda, maypax's buddy
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:15 pm

Tricky time to be playing them, I would advocate starting Keane if he's fit since old boys often prosper against their old teams - thankfully Crouch didn't yesterday, but we still have to visit FP. We have to look for the three points, a draw wouldn't be the worst result but Chelsea aren't stopping for anyone and it took us and winning against majority possession to beat them. Maybe the mancs and goners can beat them, can't say as many others will be lining up and doing us any favours
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion