TOTTENHAM VS LIVERPOOL - Saturday november 1st 17.30pm ko

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Bam » Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:53 pm

Their not mucking around are they, the likes of United & Chelsea. Their keeping the pressure on, I hope we spank Spurs today along with their spitting image manager.

C'mon you f.uckin Reds !!!!!!!!!

Forum Discourse
Bam
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:00 pm

I hope Dos Santos doesnt play for them today. He is going to explode one of these days and I hope it is not today.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:04 pm

Come on redmen this is where we have to show character if we are to fullfill our dream of being champions.

Rafa stick the article up of Ferguson saying he was made up Chelsea go beat last week cos he isn't concerned about Liverpool and ram the comments back down his whisky toxicated throat
roberto green

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:04 pm

well if they are winning, the only way for us is to win too. and this is gonna be a stern test of our title credibility. true the results against the big3 matter but it is matches like these against supposed lesser opponents where complacently creeps in. we better batter spurs into submission today :angry: :angry: :angry:
maypaxvobiscum

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:19 pm

we seriously need to do something about our goal difference. chelski are winning 5-0 and it is just the 53rd minute.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby tubby » Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:25 pm

Chelsea 5-0 up. Utd 4-1 up.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:26 pm

mmm... the way the bottom teams are performing atm im guessing it'll take a record high to escape relegation this season !!!

West brom and Stoke winning and Tottenham and Newcastle bottom of the table ... the world has gone mad !
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:27 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:we seriously need to do something about our goal difference. chelski are winning 5-0 and it is just the 53rd minute.

As long as we are ahead of them on points, who gives a sh!t about goal difference. Support Arsenal if you want goals. You won't win anything, but hey, they score goals...
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Feeney » Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:28 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:we seriously need to do something about our goal difference. chelski are winning 5-0 and it is just the 53rd minute.

I may be wrong, so apologies if I am - I was under the impression that it went on games played against the other side before goal difference counted (ala Champions League) in the Prem?

Anyone know the definitive answer?  ???

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:30 pm

Racing Post:

THE bookmaking fraternity seems to have been caught up in the feelgood factor since Harry Redknapp's arrival at Tottenham.

Stan James pushed Liverpool out from 10-11 to 21-20 yesterday and VC's offer of 23-20 about the league leaders is worth a bet.

Redknapp has clearly had an effect on Tottenham – they showed great spirit and quality to come back from 3-1 and 4-2 down against Arsenal.

However, the flaky Gunners shot themselves in the foot on Wednesday night and a well-drilled Liverpool side are unlikely to be so generous.

They successfully stifled Chelsea at Stamford Bridge last Sunday and keeper Pepe Reina
was rarely troubled in the 1-0 win. Fernando Torres missed that match, as well as the 2-1 win over Manchester United earlier this term.

With Albert Riera providing some much-needed width down the left, the Reds are far less dependent on Torres this term.

Robbie Keane and Dirk Kuyt are growing in confidence and Steven Gerrard is still performing heroics a weekly basis.

Jamie Carragher and Daniel Agger are commanding presences in a defence that has conceded just two goalsin five away matches, and they can provide the base for another win on the road.

Recommendation
Liverpool, 2pts 23-20
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tonyeh » Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:31 pm

bavlondon wrote:Chelsea 5-0 up. Utd 4-1 up.

Nearly 2 for Stoke there.
tonyeh

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:33 pm

Reina

Arbeloa
Carragher
Agger
Dossena

Alonso
Mascherano

Kuyt
Gerrard
Riera

Keane
account deleted by request

Postby Effes » Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:35 pm

Why pick Aurelio and then suddenly go for Dossena?
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:35 pm

Feeney wrote:

I may be wrong, so apologies if I am - I was under the impression that it went on games played against the other side before goal difference counted (ala Champions League) in the Prem?

Just goal difference , as far as I am aware anyway!
account deleted by request

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:35 pm

Feeney wrote:

They "win" the Premier League title by most points. At the end of the season, whichever team has the highest number of points is considered the league champion. If two or more teams are tied with number of points, the winner is then chosen by goal difference. Goal difference is goals scored minus goals conceded.
maypaxvobiscum

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion