Torres, is there any fee big enough........ - To make us sell him?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Effes » Tue May 27, 2008 8:13 pm

Toffeehater wrote:
s@int wrote:I think if we accepted £200million for Torres it would be a disaster for Liverpool. Not because we would lose Torres (although that would be bad) but because I think you would find Gerrard for one would be packing his own bags before Torres arrived in London.

It would be the final acceptance that we are no longer one of the big boys and next time we have a star player they will be looking around for a "big club" just like all the "selling clubs" players do.

:nod
Enough said really

And then here you agree we shouldn't sell even for £200M.

Make your mind up.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Tue May 27, 2008 11:20 pm

john1992 wrote:i fecking hope torres doesnt leave because ive got his name n my new home shirt :D

Theres a boycott on.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed May 28, 2008 12:02 am

If UEFA's new quota rules do come in we may have to sell some of our best players anyway  :(
account deleted by request

Postby Kharhaz » Wed May 28, 2008 12:14 am

s@int wrote:Image

If UEFA's new quota rules do come in we may have to sell some of our best players anyway  :(

I cant see it happening, although it would affect us to a certain extent, we do have quality english players that would be bought. As in Gareth Barry, I wouldnt pay more than £10 million for him but if the uefa rule was brought in we would get him, and afford him. It would affect barca and madrid more I reckon, and spell the end for spain with regards to competing in the big competitions. Italy also, they just cannot compete with change in europe. Almost all of italys successful teams have relied on foreign players. It wont happen, it will affect the all round game massively.
Last edited by Kharhaz on Wed May 28, 2008 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed May 28, 2008 12:20 am

Fifa president Sepp Blatter expects his "six plus five" proposal on foreign players to be endorsed by the ruling body's congress later this week.

His plan would limit the number of foreign players in each team to five.

Blatter wants the rule in place by 2012 but is keen to work with the European Union and Uefa to make it a reality.

He said: "It's to make sure there is better balance and not only three or four teams in a league of 18 or 20 fighting to be champions."

Fifa's Executive Committee expressed its unanimous support for the "6+5 objectives" on Tuesday.

"We would start, step by step, with four plus seven in 2010 and then 2011 five (plus six), then 2012 six (plus five)."

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Thats what I thought, but it looks like it may go ahead now unless the EU steps in.LINK TO BBC
Last edited by account deleted by request on Wed May 28, 2008 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Kharhaz » Wed May 28, 2008 12:32 am

s@int wrote:Thats what I thought, but it looks like it may go ahead now unless the EU steps in.

All we can do is wait and see what decision is reached. It still benefits us more than other countries. And if UEFA lives up to its billing as an english bias organisation, whatever decision they choose wont affect us too much.
Last edited by Kharhaz on Wed May 28, 2008 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed May 28, 2008 12:50 am

We only have Gerrard, Carra and Pennant (who's not exactly nailed on) in the first team mate, while a lot of our reserves are foreign as well.  A lot of the Spanish and Italian "foreigners" take dual nationality and so will be exempt anyway. I think we would be very much affected !

You are wrong about other countries being more affected than us too mate.
Last edited by account deleted by request on Wed May 28, 2008 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Kharhaz » Wed May 28, 2008 12:55 am

s@int wrote:We only have Gerrard, Carra and Pennant (who's not exactly nailed on) in the first team mate, while a lot of our reserves are foreign as well.  A lot of the Spanish and Italian "foreigners" take dual nationality and so will be exempt anyway.

I think we would be very much affected !

Yeah, which is why we are as low in the graph you showed, but my point being is we can afford the english talent to make up the numbers and lets not forget the substitutions that will be allowed. We will have 7 choices and be able to adapt. Like I said, we will be alright. The decision is yet to be made however, I just cannot see it happening.
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed May 28, 2008 12:57 am

Kharhaz wrote:
s@int wrote:We only have Gerrard, Carra and Pennant (who's not exactly nailed on) in the first team mate, while a lot of our reserves are foreign as well.  A lot of the Spanish and Italian "foreigners" take dual nationality and so will be exempt anyway.

Yeah, which is why we are as low in the graph you showed, but my point being is we can afford the english talent to make up the numbers and lets not forget the substitutions that will be allowed. We will have 7 choices and be able to adapt. Like I said, we will be alright. The decision is yet to be made however, I just cannot see it happening.

We can afford the English talent........ with Hicks and Gillett in charge   :laugh:

Postby Kharhaz » Wed May 28, 2008 1:20 am

s@int wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:

We can afford the English talent........ with Hicks and Gillett in charge   :laugh:

They coughed up for mascha, up until they did the forum was like it  is now, full of rumours, but they did cough up, and we do have torres, like it or not, he wouldnt be here before they took over, like moores said, he couldnt afford the club, he needed investors. They have invested and we as supporters and rafa has what he wanted, thats not including babel of course.

All im seeing are arguments going back to "hicks and gillett" not the best choice as owners but it seems to be getting to the point where if we trip up in the street, its "H&G's" fault. Its getting to the point were our own supporters are willing our club to fall to any extent to get rid of these owners. The lowest level as long as the yanks are gone. Along with it, the reason why they support the club. Always lfc has never been about individuals, always about the club. The yanks have achieved one thing I never thought was possible. Seperation amongst supporters. Always supporters have paid the best part of there wage to watch there club and to listen to the person next to them giving in to a minority is heartbraking. The soul of the club is dying, the ones who dont like the owners will no doubt say it is because of the yanks, they are the cancer. How about this. This club is run on working class people, no upper, no lower. The honest supporter. It is heartbreaking to see our own supporters leaving the nest, to see our own supporters willing to go against the club, in the name of defiance against the yanks. Your not defying the yanks, your pulling out of the club, you are denying, at the lowest level, the supporter. The ones you get to know in the crowd (which is why nanny will never boycott her ticket) the club, you will always watch when you cant make the match, always, because it is our club.

We all got moody when we lost to chelsea in the champs league, which means a majority of us watched it on tv. We just love the club so much we endure ITV and SKY to see our club perform. We can abandon the club to a point but face facts, we love the club, we all always will. Shirt boycotts and sticking insults to the yanks over press rumours does no help to anyone.

All we can do, as supporters, is remain loyal to our club, and guess what?

Not even Gillett or Hicks can question that kind of faith.
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Wed May 28, 2008 1:27 am

Off topic i know,but look at West Ham at the top!
More English players than anyone.The amount of quality English players they have put out over the last number of years is amazing compared to us,and in fact the other top 3!
A"feeder club" that will no doubt work its way up the League if this rule comes in!The price of English players will go through the roof.Smaller clubs will feed off the bigger ones with money because they can offer English players at inflated prices out of the necessity of demand!So in turn they will be able to import quality players from around the world with their new gotten gains!
Hence equilibrium!

Wont happen though.Its not legal for a start and if is to be introduced is obliged to be phased in over time! Say for example 5 years and a special bill would need to be introduced on behalf of football!
To put it shortly it is an intrusion on the human rights of people that have been granted a visa/passport to work here!These visas cannot be revoked as the player in question could say that he has been refused a right to work while being a tax paying employee!
It just cant and wont happen its not legal and its not even moral.

So worst case scenario if the frog eating kunt and Blatter do push through this highly ambitious attempt on what can be described as "discrimination" due to race or creed,the players that are already under contract will see out their deal and be entitled to renew it as long as they want to be in the UK!

Where the fu'ck are our MP's anyway?
Shower of kunts should be fighting to save our best sports and stuff rather than let bureaucracy ruin them!
Fuc'king bananas need to be a certain shade of yellow before they enter UK,they want a pint not to be called a pint anymore,want us to spend a Euro instead of a quid,cant ask for a pound of bacon!
If we wont let them do that they try and kill our football....At least Hitler had balls when he tried to conquer us,these b@stards are trying to do it cloak and dagger!

FU'CK OFF YA FROG LEG EATING SPAGGHETI SUCKING SHOWER OF SH'ITE!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed May 28, 2008 1:28 am

They borrowed the money for Masch, they borrowed the money for Torres, can you not understand that! Can they keep on borrowing money to buy us players ...... no, because somewhere along the line the money and interest on that money have to be paid back!

You can come out with all the cr@p you want mate, but at the end of the day someone has to pay back all the money that they have borrowed , and believe me IT WON'T BE HICKS AND GILLETT THAT PAYS IT BACK.

They haven't put a penny into the club, the only money we have seen has been borrowed, and it will be LFC THAT PAYS IT BACK not our two investors.

Postby LFC2007 » Wed May 28, 2008 1:30 am

Kharhaz wrote:(which is why nanny will never boycott her ticket)

I'm fairly sure Nanny red would be in favour of a boycott.
LFC2007

Postby Effes » Wed May 28, 2008 1:44 am

s@int wrote:He said: "It's to make sure there is better balance and not only three or four teams in a league of 18 or 20 fighting to be champions."

That's such bollox it's unbelieveable.

It just means the top 4 will have a bidding war for the top English players.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Wed May 28, 2008 1:44 am

s@int wrote:You can come out with all the cr@p you want mate, but at the end of the day someone has to pay back all the money that they have borrowed , and believe me IT WON'T BE HICKS AND GILLETT THAT PAYS IT BACK.

But it wont be us either. Thats my point. The club wont run into ruin. Everyone are relying on DIC to save the club, I dont believe they will. I believe that there will indeed be one owner, hicks or gillett, whoever wants our club the most. Saint, I apologised for any insult I have given to you over my stance but if you insist on calling on the press for your arguments, it doesnt wash with me. All you are going on are press releases, RAWK and whatever input that dismisses the owners as anything other than a complete waste of space for our club. The simple and obvious fact is we have our players, we have what we wanted. Debt or not, it isnt the clubs problem, if it were, mascha would not have been signed, nobody would have condoned the deal. The money is there, what is bothering you im guessing, me also, is where exactly the money is coming from. You dont know exactly, and seeing as im rubbish with numbers dont bother asking but it is there, its not as bad as we think, the answers are there, I wont let scaremongering bother me, unlike many on here.
Last edited by Kharhaz on Wed May 28, 2008 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion