Torres ideal partner? - 10-12mill tops

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby NANNY RED » Sun May 18, 2008 12:35 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:At the mo im torres ideal patner  :laugh: ready when you are Fernado lad

:laugh: belter!  :laugh:  :bowdown  :laugh:

Dunno why yeh laughing i was serious .  :laugh: i mean hes still learning like so who better to teach him some new moves than his awl nan :laugh:

I must be still asleep and dreamin while im writing this ill wake up in a minute when me other half snores :laugh:
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redbeergoggles » Wed May 21, 2008 5:31 pm

Torres will outshine any striker who partners him but the best young striker bar Torres has to be Quagliarella, ive watched him a great deal and he's been breathtaking in Serie A.
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu May 22, 2008 8:28 am

Eva Longoria !...No, wait. that's *my* ideal partner......sorry....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Owzat » Thu May 22, 2008 8:50 am

redbeergoggles wrote:Torres will outshine any striker who partners him but the best young striker bar Torres has to be Quagliarella, ive watched him a great deal and he's been breathtaking in Serie A.

Weren't the mancs heavily linked with him? Links have gone rather quiet though
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ConnO'var » Thu May 22, 2008 9:35 am

bunglemark2 wrote:Eva Longoria !...No, wait. that's *my* ideal partner......sorry....

Eva Mendes.....

Mmmmmmm Yummmmm!
ConnO'var

Postby redbeergoggles » Thu May 22, 2008 6:02 pm

Owzat wrote:
redbeergoggles wrote:Torres will outshine any striker who partners him but the best young striker bar Torres has to be Quagliarella, ive watched him a great deal and he's been breathtaking in Serie A.

Weren't the mancs heavily linked with him? Links have gone rather quiet though

They were, but wouldn't it be sweet going after someone on their wanted list for a change,instead of having one of our possible targets  snatched from our proverbial noses, ie Vidic, Evra two players who ensured the scum have now won a double and look solid at the back .I think Sampdoria would sell if the right offer came in, the lad is blessed with frightening ability and will probably grace the world stage for years to come .
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby grayghost » Wed May 28, 2008 1:25 pm

I like Diego Milto from Zaragoza if you can look at his scoring record it is only this season were he has not got 20 plus and this is the season they got relugated but he still got 15 plus
grayghost

Postby Toffeehater » Wed May 28, 2008 7:56 pm

Ryan babel , what we already have . frightening pace , great shot , young and can create chances . Babel also has a striker's attributes and if it fails . We can revert back to this season' s formation . We need money to strengthen the full backs and wingers
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SundanceKid » Thu May 29, 2008 4:57 am

Toffeehater wrote:Ryan babel , what we already have . frightening pace , great shot , young and can create chances . Babel also has a striker's attributes and if it fails . We can revert back to this season' s formation . We need money to strengthen the full backs and wingers

I do agree somewhat, but it's questionable till he's given a shot at playing nearby Torres. Best to try it out in some friendlies.
"Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool red"
SundanceKid

Postby Scottbot » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:37 am

Scottbot wrote:There's been quite a bit of talk on here recently about who should partner our fantastic striker just recently. Most agree that Kuyt and Voronin are not the answer, a good few fancy Crouch while more and more seem to think a Babel-Torres partnership is the dream ticket. I think it's most likely that neither of them is exactly right man to play alongside him and the first job next summer for Rafa (or whoever else) to sort out will be a new striking partner for El Nino.

So here's the deal, you've got £10-12 mill tops to spend (so no Kaka's or Ronaldinho's from the Champ Managers). Who would you go for and why?

I guess there are a few options out there depending on your knowledge of football abroad but for me personally, i would look closer to home and my first choice would be Robbie Keane. I know he's been discussed a bit before on here but he'd be the perfect foil for my mind. He's quick, direct, can play on the shoulder but CRUCIALLY is just as adept at coming deep, facing up and making things happen from there, he scores his share of 1on1's (i witnessed it 1st hand at Anfield this season - Clinical) add to this he is hard-working, creative (makes as many as he scores) and has a terrific attitude. He seems to tick all the Benitez boxes and he would be affordable, I figure £10-12mill would be about the fee we'd have to pay.

Anyone got any better ideas?

Well I got the fee wrong but am dead chuffed with the signing! It's not often the club actually go out and sign the player you want!
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:50 am

ha ha. i've been thinking about this thread - there were a lot of people who were plumping for keane. we all got the fee badly wrong though... or then again maybe we got it right and the clubs got it wrong.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:57 am

andy_g wrote:ha ha. i've been thinking about this thread - there were a lot of people who were plumping for keane. we all got the fee badly wrong though... or then again maybe we got it right and the clubs got it wrong.

No doubt we will be getting reminded on a regular basis if he fooks up as well!!!
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hello_red » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:28 am

I doubt Keane will fook up, he is proven as a top prem player! I think we have sorted the partner problem.
hello_red
LFC Super Member

Postby Penguins » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:04 pm

I just hope and pray Rafa now really uses Keane as Torres partner and not screwes around with the team just so his darling Kuyt can somehow fit in.

I guess Babel will be the worst looser in all this.

Just look at what each player is worth in our midfield and attack, meaning what the market value would be.

My estimates:

Torres 40-50 million
Gerrard 30 million
Masch 25 million
Keane 19 million
Alonso 14 million
Babel 10 million
Lucas 7 million
Kuyt 6 million
Pennant 6 million
Voronin 3 million

That is what I believe what the players value is.
And still even if no other club wants to touch Kuyt Rafa
seems to think Kuyt and Keane are worth the same.
Only similarity between them is that their last names start witha K.

So because of this I wouldn't be surprised if Rafa puts Keane out wide left or something min boggling just so Kuyt can play  :veryangry
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby GYBS » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:00 pm

yet kuyt was one of our more consistent performs from jan onwards last year after he had got over the death of his father and carried that form into the euros - for us last season he was only behind gerrard in assists and torres and gerrard in goals . he will play out right this season and will produce the goods again . keane will play from a wider left position (like he has done many times in the past ) or will play gerrards role while gerrard drops back to alongside masher . there you can swap from 4-2-3-1 to 442 without much disruption .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion