Torres ideal partner? - 10-12mill tops

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby cpc4eva » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:10 am

Owzat wrote:The key skills with a striker of ANY height is ability to score, set up play, keep possession and good positioning. How they do that doesn't really matter, as long as they can do it and the less weaknesses the better. Unfortunately the tall striker is stereotyped into being able to win everything in the air and be a target man, those are skills in themselves and being tall doesn't make you good at them (see PC)

thats true... agree with you.

but they have a better chance than most - just look at how easy abedayour scored with his head against us - ok so maybe lazy marking but his height made it easy for him and also made it difficult to defend against

another example look at how hard toshak made it for defenders to defend aganst him in the box...

id rather go for hunter for is personal attributes will do him  well in any league and the asking price is likely to be less than villa and others, and also being younger will mean he would be fitter and stronger phyically than an aging star who would be more likely to become injury prone - just ask harry kewell
cpc4eva

Postby Owzat » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:39 pm

cpc4eva wrote:thats true... agree with you.

but they have a better chance than most - just look at how easy abedayour scored with his head against us - ok so maybe lazy marking but his height made it easy for him and also made it difficult to defend against

another example look at how hard toshak made it for defenders to defend aganst him in the box...

id rather go for hunter for is personal attributes will do him  well in any league and the asking price is likely to be less than villa and others, and also being younger will mean he would be fitter and stronger phyically than an aging star who would be more likely to become injury prone - just ask harry kewell

There was noone near him, a dwarf could have scored that goal! And taller players tend not to be great jumpers, that's why Crouch gives away too many fouls. But that is the point, you can't assume just because a player is tall they will be good in the air. And not all tall players are good in the air, some of the best players in the air are not so tall and one diving portugese tw at is a fine example of that
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:58 pm

I see everyone's quoting david villa saying this today and putting two and two together.

Are you compatible with Torres?

"Yes, both on and off the pitch.  We like playing together.  I don’t want to disrespect Atletico but Torres has been through some tough times and now he feels liberated.  And the way Liverpool play suits his abilities, which are up there with the best in the world."
....................................................................................

Fantastic player but I'm not sure if he's what we need which sounds ludicrous for a player of his ability. He just doesn't suit a 4-2-3-1 formation, presuming that's the formation that we're going to stick with next season.
Last edited by stmichael on Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Seano Kop » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:46 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:
downing or bentley (or both) is the type of player i think wwe should try to bring in for next season

There alright but if they face the undertaker they are well and truly f.ucked !

:D especially at wrestlemania  :D

chokeslam one
tombstone the other
:D

sucks to be edge  :laugh:
Seano Kop

Postby JBG » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:58 pm

stmichael wrote:I see everyone's quoting david villa saying this today and putting two and two together.

"Yes, both on and off the pitch.  We like playing together.  I don’t want to disrespect Atletico but Torres has been through some tough times and now he feels liberated.  And the way Liverpool play suits his abilities, which are up there with the best in the world."
....................................................................................

Fantastic player but I'm not sure if he's what we need which sounds ludicrous for a player of his ability. He just doesn't suit a 4-2-3-1 formation, presuming that's the formation that we're going to stick with next season.

Well, judging by their performances for Spain it doesn't look like they are compatible.

In my opinion Torres has proved he can play up front on his own with Gerrard supporting him from the deeper position. If we had better wide players who can support Torres more then we'd be formidable.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:04 pm

Seano Kop wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:
downing or bentley (or both) is the type of player i think wwe should try to bring in for next season

chokeslam one
tombstone the other

im a WCW fan. fan of Sting and Bret Hart  :buttrock
now i watch TNA.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Seano Kop » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:10 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:
Seano Kop wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:

chokeslam one
tombstone the other

now i watch TNA.

This is fast becoming a wrestling thread!!

I like Bret Hart and Sting as well. And TNA. And did like WCW. Was a Booker T fan back in 1999/2000 for WCW, but have always been a fan of The Rock and The Undertaker.
Seano Kop

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:02 pm

Seano Kop wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:
Seano Kop wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:

chokeslam one
tombstone the other

now i watch TNA.

This is fast becoming a wrestling thread!!

I like Bret Hart and Sting as well. And TNA. And did like WCW. Was a Booker T fan back in 1999/2000 for WCW, but have always been a fan of The Rock and The Undertaker.

can u imagine Kane as our CB?
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:44 pm

Focus, lads, this is a Torres thread.  Go talk wrestling in Gen Chat if you must.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Seano Kop » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:59 pm

Yeh your right Bad Bob.... altho just quickly, Kane/Undertaker as CB and the Hardy Boys as a strike force.....
Seano Kop

Postby Toffeehater » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:24 am

:D , Villa says they can play  together buyt they are not as effective for spain ...
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:41 am

ok
some names that have been mentioned by anyone and everyone in this thread and others

david villa
mauro zarate
klas huntelaar
stewart downing
david bentley
luca toni
arshavin
thierry henry
joe cole
SWP

i would take joe cole, stewart downing and thierry henry
bentley didnt impress me against us
im unsure bout SWP and arshavin, after watching the video i must say the defending was horrible anyway. luca toni is old. mauro zarate shall be considered after he the birmingham match in a few weeks. david villa, ive never seen him play but pple seem to rate him alot.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby whylongball? » Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:02 am

JBG wrote:
stmichael wrote:I see everyone's quoting david villa saying this today and putting two and two together.

Well, judging by their performances for Spain it doesn't look like they are compatible.

In my opinion Torres has proved he can play up front on his own with Gerrard supporting him from the deeper position. If we had better wide players who can support Torres more then we'd be formidable.

yes just get 2 top wingers.Babel can learn to play as striker when Torres need a rest. WINGERS!
whylongball?

Postby cpc4eva » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:33 am

maypaxvobiscum wrote:ok
some names that have been mentioned by anyone and everyone in this thread and others

david villa
mauro zarate
klas huntelaar
stewart downing
david bentley
luca toni
arshavin
thierry henry
joe cole
SWP

i would take joe cole, stewart downing and thierry henry
bentley didnt impress me against us
im unsure bout SWP and arshavin, after watching the video i must say the defending was horrible anyway. luca toni is old. mauro zarate shall be considered after he the birmingham match in a few weeks. david villa, ive never seen him play but pple seem to rate him alot.

im surprised macdonald from celtic hasnt been mentioned he has had a stellar season
cpc4eva

Postby club_Levis » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:58 am

JBG wrote:

Was watching Valencia yesterday playing a formation similar to the one we on at the moment with David Villa operating left, centre and right ( interchangably) and running the channels. Brilliant player that will easily fit the left slot on our formation.Will have him in a heartbeat.
club_Levis

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion