Im gettin dead good at nicking things now

This is from Rawk aswell :laugh:

HE will be here for ever :nod

HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:55 pm

Alonso14 wrote:The only thing that worries me is that he says:

"I'd love to be captain of another team one day and Steve has shown me how to be a great leader."

Probably just reading to far into it. I guess one day he would like to return home.

He means another Liverpool team when Stevie gets too old! :nod
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:01 pm

Number 9 wrote:
Alonso14 wrote:The only thing that worries me is that he says:

"I'd love to be captain of another team one day and Steve has shown me how to be a great leader."

Probably just reading to far into it. I guess one day he would like to return home.

He means another Liverpool team when Stevie gets too old! :nod

Yeh, I think he was praising Gerrard so much, that he didn't even want to talk about one day Gerrard not being the captain, and thus he said that. Don't worry Alonso14!
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:03 pm

Torres is looking forward to making Ballack cry when he next sees him.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:57 pm

NANNY RED wrote:I believe him :nod

How can you not love the man. LEGAND

http://link.brightcove.com/service....0103022

Spot on hes :censored: Ledgend alright! I just wished we could get more players of his calibre in the team playing around him.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:58 pm

NANNY RED wrote:Im gettin dead good at nicking things now

Is that a tatoo?

Where is that pic from? Which game?
Anyone got any other pics of him from that the final?
Last edited by tubby on Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stoney » Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:51 pm

bavlondon wrote:

Is that a tatoo?

:D  at bav
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:59 pm

bavlondon wrote:

Is that a tatoo?

Calm down :laugh: Thats him at the end of next season when we win the prem  :nod he had that tat done in town a before he went the Euros :wwww

Nah only messin about the tatoo someone changed the pic in a photoshop thred on Rawk :laugh:
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:17 pm

bavlondon wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:I believe him :nod

How can you not love the man. LEGAND

http://link.brightcove.com/service....0103022

Spot on hes :censored: Ledgend alright! I just wished we could get more players of his calibre in the team playing around him.

:D
More players of his calibre??
If you can name me 4 players in the world of his calibre you will be doing well.
The lad is a once in a generation player,i dont think some have realised how special and talented Torres is.
There is nothing even the most purest of pundits or fans could criticise about him.We all know he has pace and skill,hes unpredictable,unreadable.When he gets into a certain area of the pitch and there are defenders in front of him it does'nt matter!The lad just has it in him..he does'nt seem to have to think,it comes natural to him.He was just born to play football and score goals!
The one thing that is scary about him though is his strength,hes hardly any meat on him ffs.I dont know where his strength comes from.A lot of it may be in the head,at times he can go down and look for a free kick but when he knows hes gonna get the ball a tank would'nt stop him.
Most exciting player we have had in ages by a mile,i cant wait to see what he does next season!!
:buttrock
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:09 pm

He is sh*te should have brought back mellor then. :no

:D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:21 pm

Ha ha great photoshop. I cant believe I fell for that.

Number 9 what I mean is more top players. 15-20Mil rated players ect.....I know Torres is a world beater and I dont expect us to have a 30Mil player in every position but we need more if we are to win the Premiership.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby spain_fcbliverpool » Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:24 am

Fernando Torres has said that he would like to become captain of a team someday.

Do you want to captain Liverpool?

PS: I do, that I am as good Spanish, I would like it to be captain of Liverpool FC.

PD1: I'm Spanish, follower of the club, but my favorite team is Liverpool of England. Go Liverpool!

Oh, and something else, pardon my English, I barely level, less evil that helps me Google hehe.:D
spain_fcbliverpool

Postby Toffeehater » Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:37 am

Reg wrote:This lad is going nowhere............ fantastic.

July 5, 2008

Fernando Torres: Rafael Benitez pushed me to greatness

Few foreign players have adapted better - or as quickly - to the unique demands of top-flight football in England than Fernando Torres. In his first season, after arriving at Liverpool 12 months ago, he scored 33 goals in all competitions.

Yet as the prolific Spain striker ponders how he can improve next season, having set the bar so high, he is swift to pay tribute to the part that Rafael Benítez played in his rapid and spectacular progress. Without the intense guidance of the Liverpool manager, Torres maintains, he might not have made such an immediate impact.

“There are days when you think: ‘My God, this guy [Benítez] doesn't let you breathe',” Torres, a £20.2million buy from Atlético Madrid, said. “At times like that, you don't realise that all he wants is for you to improve.

“When you are in a team where things are going mostly well, players tend to relax. But you must always push yourself. Never become complacent; you try to do your best every single day. At a club like Liverpool, you can't sit back after scoring 20-odd goals and say: 'Well, that's it.' After you score 20, Benítez is at you during the next training session and stays on top of you all day, all week.

“He tells you to go off on your own and do new exercises. I want to progress in life, not relax, not be complacent, and you need someone close to you telling you to keep at it. It is impossible to do it otherwise. We don't always fancy someone that close but, in the long term, I am sure that everybody will thank him for it.”

Torres, 24, carried his form into the international arena this summer, scoring two goals as Spain were crowned European champions. His second goal - a trademark effort embracing power and pace - was enough to see off Germany 1-0 in the final in Vienna.

If Benítez's influence has been great, Torres has also reaped the benefit of playing alongside Steven Gerrard, the England midfield player. He has watched Gerrard closely - on and off the pitch - and used the Liverpool captain as an example of how to deal with life in the goldfish bowl that is Merseyside.

“I really admire Steven,” Torres said in an interview in Champions, the official magazine of the Uefa Champions League, said. “I know the pressure he is under every day, everybody talking about him all day long. In the changing-room, in the pubs, in the stadium. I've heard people say he should be stronger, have a stronger personality. I know by experience how difficult it is to deal with that because Liverpool is a huge club. And he's at another level, of course.

“People look at you from a distance and challenge you with their eyes. All that happens to Steve every day and he copes with it, everything that is expected of him all the time. He's always under tremendous pressure to perform and everyone looks to him to show leadership, to lift the team.

“He's a great example, and those of us who have been in a similar situation know how difficult it is to handle. It's incredible the way he carries himself regardless of what is going on around him. I'd love to be captain of another team one day and Steve has shown me how to be a great leader.”

During a career of many highs, Torres has had to endure his lows, too, particularly before his move to Anfield. He would turn to Olalla, his girlfriend, for sympathy and advice. “She has had to suffer much disappointed ranting and moaning, especially when I was at Atlético,” Torres said. “Now, she is also having a good time herself.

“She knows how to calm me down when I haven't been able to see the way out of the tunnel or wake me up when I've been sleeping. She pushes me when I need to be encouraged. The person that lives with you is sometimes the only one capable of helping you up when you don't realise how down you are.”

Class , not many players like him around nowadays   :bowdown
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:39 am

bavlondon wrote:

Is that a tatoo?

:blush:  :laugh:
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:00 am

Harty ha ha. Just for the record when I was asking for pics from the final I was referring to any pics from the Spain - Germany final.

Thanks
Last edited by tubby on Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion