Torres - He doesn't need a strike partner

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Sabre » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:41 pm

The second thing which doesn't surprise me is the almost unmentioned but quietly implied notion that perhaps Torres's injury could be because of a lack of rotation

Stop that!!! :D, I mentioned rotation to try to bring you back, but never implied that it was lack of rotation what happened to Torres eh? :D (just in case)

C'mon, I think you're a bit angry with some attitudes but don't give it much importance, post again, like the last 4 years I've been enjoying your posts. If some of us are slow to be convinced about some topics, it's just that, not that we're right. You can always ignore my or other's stupid posts! :) But post your stuff mate!
Last edited by Sabre on Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:44 pm

:laugh:  :laugh: nice to see you back Michael :;): Well done Sabes in mentioning the R WORD :laugh:
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:45 pm

LFC2007 wrote:You advocated resting him against Birmingham.

I was wrong. Simple enough really.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:48 pm

bigmick wrote:

Framed and on my wall.
LFC2007

Postby Sabre » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:52 pm

Wrong thread. Please delete if you can.
Last edited by Sabre on Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:54 pm

LFC2007 wrote:
bigmick wrote:

Framed and on my wall.

C'mon mate, Big Mick's never been slow to hold up his hand once he thinks he's got something wrong.
Even Hadrians wall has got some graffiti on it referring to Micks "why rotate the Legion thread" and Micks "Veni Vidi Vici but I was wrong" speech.

:D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:03 pm

:laugh:  :laugh:

Just that I thought it was an important example of styling which Mick actually supported. One in a million them  :D
LFC2007

Postby Number 9 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:07 pm

GOTCHA!

Sabre reels Bigmick in with "rotation" as bait!! :D
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redhayesy » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:29 pm

maguskwt wrote:why don't we expect to win against chelsea? if we wanna challenge for the title, we need to expect to win every game... we played the mancs off the park didn't we? have some faith ffs...

spot on mate! i couldn"t agree more, if we want to be real contenders this season we have to have the right mentality to approach every game in that we can & will win, for me we have made a fantastic start to the season so far but we need to maintain it, & this will only continue if we have the mindset we have shown so far,even when we haven"t played to our total strength we have still won games.

as much of a miss torres would be in such a massive game as chelsea, i still think we can go there & win. because the team spirit is so good at the momment let"s concentrate on our own performance & tactics rather than worry about who we play.

even at this early stage of the season this is a game we need to show our metal! consistancy is the key for me to win games with or without torres, i hope he is fit for the game but i"m also confident we can go there & win regardless.

COME ON YOU MIGHTY REDS.
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby bigmick » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:38 pm

Guys, surely we can accept that there is a difference between hoping we are going to get a positive result, and "expecting" to win? Is saying that we don't "expect" to win worthy of the old classic "have some faith FFS"? Do we have to say that we expect to beat everybody everywhere in every single game in order to render ourselves true believers?   

I expect we'll lose a couple of league games this season, maybe even five or six. Is that being negative? Do I need to have some faith FFS? Or do people need to calm down, remember we are sensibly discussing football on an internet forum which nobody reads nor cares about. Chelsea are unbeaten at Home in about 150 games or something ridiculous. Clearly they will lose one sooner or later, and you never know it might even be us who beats 'em. I hope it is, I even think it might be, but if we are going to lose four games this season, I'd rather lose there than at Stoke.

I don't "expect" us to win either. Sorry if I'm being negative, I'll try and show some more faith (FFS :angry: ) next time.
Last edited by bigmick on Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby skatesy » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:40 pm

I think the situation that we are in now is specifically one of the reasons as to why Keane was brought in during the transfer period. I figure that we should either revert to the 4-2-3-1 with Keane being the lone striker, Riera and Kuyt out on the wings, Gerrard as the Attacking Midfield and then Alonso and Mascherano holding. This is the formation that I feel most comfortable with. However, we could even go to a 4-4-2 with Babel and Keane upfront and then the regular midfield and defence. This may be a little more risky but interesting nonetheless.
skatesy

Postby Sabre » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:43 pm

Normally when we get someone injured like Alonso, Agger, or Mascherano, we inmediatly post about possible options to replace them, and we're not too worried if it's for a couple of games. (Most of us anyway)

But in Torres' case it's difficult to think in a proper replacement, and that's something I was worried about in the "what's wrong on paper" thread. When you want to win it all, you cannot afford not having a proper answer.

So, it will be the time for some professionals at the squad to step up and explain why the cost 18M or 9M for that matter. Before Torres coming, we weren't giving up before going to Stamford Bridge, no?

I'd like to see what will be Rafa's answer. As much as I like Keane, I don't see him as a lone striker, and when I think in his partner, I see either a too young Ngog, or Kuyt.

Kuyt and Keane will have to step up. Or Maybe Babel? They're both seasoned players and internationals. If we truly want to challenge, we have to give at least a decent answer when we lose Torres for 2 weeks or three. Not asking them to replace all Torres potential, just asking them a proffesional premiership form.
Last edited by Sabre on Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:16 am

zarababe wrote:Reported he might miss 10 days-  3 games. Need to remain positive ppl no reason we can't go on and win all games without him :)

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N161703081015-2058.htm

Not exactly good news to go to bed.

According to all the press the diagnostic is tht he has injured his hamstrings in the posterior aspect of the thigh.

All the press is sure he won't ready against Chelsea. But the final prediction vary: Marca, the less optimist, says it will be 3 weeks and he'll miss the Atletico game in Anfield too.

As, talks about 15 days minimum.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:33 am

bigmick wrote:Guys, surely we can accept that there is a difference between hoping we are going to get a positive result, and "expecting" to win? Is saying that we don't "expect" to win worthy of the old classic "have some faith FFS"? Do we have to say that we expect to beat everybody everywhere in every single game in order to render ourselves true believers?   

I expect we'll lose a couple of league games this season, maybe even five or six. Is that being negative? Do I need to have some faith FFS? Or do people need to calm down, remember we are sensibly discussing football on an internet forum which nobody reads nor cares about. Chelsea are unbeaten at Home in about 150 games or something ridiculous. Clearly they will lose one sooner or later, and you never know it might even be us who beats 'em. I hope it is, I even think it might be, but if we are going to lose four games this season, I'd rather lose there than at Stoke.

I don't "expect" us to win either. Sorry if I'm being negative, I'll try and show some more faith (FFS :angry: ) next time.

Well bigmick, you seem to think that all the happy clappers need to calm down while I think that all the doomers and gloomers need to call down. It is natural I guess but I have to highlight that when I wrote that I was perfectly calm...  :laugh:

First of all I'm not a native english speaker and so if i took the meaning of 'it is a game we dont' expect to win anyway' wrongly and do not deserve my response, then I apologize to both you and stu and whoever takes offence. But my post was about believe really. If you don't expect something to happen that means you don't believe that it will happen. And I believe that that's one of the problems we have been having in recent years, I mean the team. If the team don't believe that they can win every game they will not try hard enough of push themselves to try to win the unlikely games. And if all of us supporters and fans show the same attitude then surely it will sooner or later, to lesser or more extent, influence the attitude of the team and the managers as well. We cannot become low expecting fans that follow a team with little self belief (IMO that is what's happening to newcastle, not that I want to be bashing them). We have to be expecting very high so that it will spur the team on and induce self believe, or at least force them to know that they're not playing for a mickey mouse club. That's all I meant.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:47 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:Wigan we should be able to beat without him, and Madrid is neither here nor there as we can afford to lose that, BUT we need him back for Chelsea.

Edit - forget that, leave him on the bench for Chelsea and lets do what we did to United and beat them without him.

I said you were talking cr@p then Leon ..... and we won.

I think you are talking cr@p Leon...... heres hoping mate  :D
account deleted by request

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion