Torres - He doesn't need a strike partner

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby skatesy » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:44 am

I wouldn't even think about the Wigan game - just leave him out anyway; there should not be a concern for that game. Hopefully he is available for the Atletico Madrid game.
skatesy

Postby tubby » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:19 am

:censored: this is going to be tough without him for a few games. We should be able to win against Wigan. Atletico will be tough but we can still get a result there. It's Chelsea thoughI am worried about now.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:26 am

Wigan we should be able to beat without him, and Madrid is neither here nor there as we can afford to lose that, BUT we need him back for Chelsea.

Edit - forget that, leave him on the bench for Chelsea and lets do what we did to United and beat them without him.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:36 am

All I can say is it could be a lot worse:

Although most of these players will probably be back intime for the game aagainst us (sod's law).... this is chelsea's current injury list:

Cech; Bosingwa, Carvalho, Terry, A.Cole, Alex; Essien, Deco, J.Cole; Anelka, Drogba

I know, I know. who cares about chelsea. I dont... but I'm just pointing out that it could be a lot worse!!
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. 08 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:21 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:Wigan we should be able to beat without him, and Madrid is neither here nor there as we can afford to lose that, BUT we need him back for Chelsea.

Edit - forget that, leave him on the bench for Chelsea and lets do what we did to United and beat them without him.

Like we should have beat them last season, or Stoke at home this season? Or like how Arsenal should have beaten Hull at home? I think its fair to say that this year more so than ever, there are no automatic three points, there are no easy matches. (especially considering when we are playing.)

Wigan with Torres and without him, will be a tough match make no mistake about it. Especially so considering that Bruce is in charge, a man that has always gotten at least a point from us in previous encounters whilst managing Birmingham City.
A.B. 08

Postby andy_g » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:01 pm

Redman in wales wrote:All I can say is it could be a lot worse:

Although most of these players will probably be back intime for the game aagainst us (sod's law).... this is chelsea's current injury list:

Cech; Bosingwa, Carvalho, Terry, A.Cole, Alex; Essien, Deco, J.Cole; Anelka, Drogba

I know, I know. who cares about chelsea. I dont... but I'm just pointing out that it could be a lot worse!!

all of those except drogba, and possibly carvalho, will be back in time for our game.

it would be good to have nando back, but at least we have shown that we can beat the top teams without him.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:03 pm

Reactions of other reds:

Xabi Alonso
"For us is a double blow, because of the national squad and Liverpool. We're going to suffer his absence much".

"Let's see now what the medical tests say, but we have a crowded calendar until Christmas, with key games like the ones of Atletico and Chelsea.  We may miss him too much".

"Torres was devastated in the dressroom, because he noticed a sharp pain and it wasn't the first time it happened in the Spanish Squad, and in the same leg and muscle"

"This is a real pain in the :censored:, because he was on a scoring streak".

Álvaro Arbeloa

"We've tried to cheer him up because it's a new muscular injury in a key moment. He was so excited for playing against Atletico, I hope he recovers soon because his injury might be very important for the team".

Other national team players like Villa also supported our lad.

----------

It's not only a blow because of the injury, it's a blow for the team's confidence.

No updates on the tests so far this morning, and as far as I can see.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JamCar05 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:47 pm

andy_g wrote:
Redman in wales wrote:All I can say is it could be a lot worse:

all of those except drogba, and possibly carvalho, will be back in time for our game.

it would be good to have nando back, but at least we have shown that we can beat the top teams without him.

Not meaning to be pedantic but Essien surely won't be ready either. But you might very well be right about the others.

Anyway there are still eleven days to go, so many things might still occur in both camps up until that game. It would be really bad not to have Torres ready though, as he would be a very handy outlet on the counter attack (perhaps stating the obvious a bit there  :D ).

Fingers crossed he'll be back in time.
JamCar05

Postby zarababe » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:17 pm

Reported he might miss 10 days-  3 games. Need to remain positive ppl no reason we can't go on and win all games without him :)

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N161703081015-2058.htm
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:27 pm

International breaks really do piss me off!! :angry:

It seems to be that everytime Nando goes off with Spain he comes back injured and can't play or has to carry the injury through a big game for us.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:29 pm

The most worrying bit is that it's the same muscle of the previous injury.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JamCar05 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:39 pm

Sabre wrote:The most worrying bit is that it's the same muscle of the previous injury.

I've been thinking and worrying about that too. Really hope this doesn't turn out to be a "Owen-situation" with the same injury occuring again and again  :( .
JamCar05

Postby tubby » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:00 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:Wigan we should be able to beat without him, and Madrid is neither here nor there as we can afford to lose that, BUT we need him back for Chelsea.

I think winning against a big 4 team and home and away are 2 different prospects.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:18 pm

bavlondon wrote:

I think winning against a big 4 team and home and away are 2 different prospects.

Do they get more players on the field than us ?

Dont see the difference.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:23 pm

JamCar05 wrote:
Sabre wrote:The most worrying bit is that it's the same muscle of the previous injury.

I've been thinking and worrying about that too. Really hope this doesn't turn out to be a "Owen-situation" with the same injury occuring again and again  :( .

Exactly what I was thinking   :( .

If it made a difference I'd rather Torres was rested for a month or more if necessary and then come back fully recuperated, instead of being rushed back asap only to be out again some weeks later.
Last edited by woof woof ! on Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion