Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby GOAT_2.0 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:47 pm

s@int wrote:Hamstring injuries  :D

:D  Lets see what stu has to say
Image Image
GOAT_2.0

Postby GYBS » Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:51 pm

Im expecting a wall of silence maybe ? :p
Last edited by GYBS on Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT_2.0 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:03 pm

GYBS wrote:Im expecting a wall of silence maybe ? :p

The sites wrong of course  :D
Image Image
GOAT_2.0

Postby GYBS » Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:15 pm

GOAT_2.0 wrote:The sites wrong of course  :D

yeah that will be the answer  :p
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:55 pm

Well I've never done any physio courses, and I'm no Doctor. I tore my hamstring though when I was about seventeen, and I was helped off the pitch, one under each arm style. I'm not a particularly pussyish type of bloke, but I can tell you it was absolute agony and the injury which Torres walked off the pitch with was a different kettle of fish to the one I had.

As for recovery, from memory it was five or six weeks before I could run and another couple before I could even think about more than a jog. I came back if my memory serves after about ten or eleven weeks or so and it went again. Fortunately the recovery period overlapped with the end of the season so I had plenty of time to get right. That and injuries to the groins (don't laugh  :D ) were the bain of my life as a young footballer.

These days I would guess that at pro level, with flotation tanks and all the modern gizzmos (feck knows what they are, needless to say I never got any of that) no doubt the recovery time has been slashed from such injuries. The point which both Stu and Peewee are making though is entirely a fair one, Torres didn't tear his hamstring in the old fashioned "oh feck me the poor feckers torn a hamstring" sense. You don't walk off and recover in a couple of weeks from them, no sir.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:40 am

bigmick wrote:You don't walk off

I do not know about recovering in two weeks but I tore fibers in my hamstring and walked off the field. I did not play for six months after that but I did walk off. I am sure adrenilin had something to do with it as the next day I was f.ucked.

Just because you agree it does not make it so.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:54 am

peewee wrote:
kazza wrote:
peewee wrote:of course he will be fit,, he never had a tear to start with, he just tweaked it and no doubt he will play this weekend.

did anyone on here actually think he just strolled off the pitch with a torn hamstring   :D

Your lack of football knowledge once again is glaring. Just curious, have you ever actually played football?

yes thanks, and rugby union to a decent standard. but quite what football knowledge has to do with hamstrings is beyond me, are you confusing football knowledge with medical knowledge?

Yes you are right what was I thinking. a hamstring injury has nothing to do with football. :upside:
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:02 am

Kazza..... Mick gave an opinion mate thats all. He also said " You don't walk off and recover in a couple of weeks " which, as you admit you didn't play for 6 months afterwards, would still leave his statement correct?

I agree that just because Mick agrees doesn't make it so mate, I'm sure Mick would readily admit he's as full of :censored: as the rest of us :D  its all only opinions anyway.
account deleted by request

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:07 am

it has nothing to do with football knowledge, also are you suggesting that only footballers get hamstring injuries?

don't bother answering, we can both see where this is going, you want to insult me for whatever reason and i will just respond and tell you that my knowledge of football is decent, my knowledge of injuries that can be found in any sport that involves use of the legs is also decent, but we both know knowledge of football consists of a hell of a lot more than hamstring injuries, i believe you were just trying to say i know nothing about football based on a hamstring injury.

hope this has cleared it up for you
112-1077774096

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:10 am

Could we not just say he's hurt his leg and will be back as soon as its better ....... save a lot of arguments, unless someone wants to debate what a hurt leg is  :D
Last edited by account deleted by request on Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby Fo Dne » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:12 am

LFC2007 wrote:
Fo Dne wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:
Fo Dne wrote:
Rush Job wrote:And to think there were a couple of posters on here claiming he wasnt even injured.

He's picked up a strain at worst lad. They've released that statement for the element of suprise. If he's not on the bench for the mancs at least al be EXTREMELY suprised.

3 months MINIMUM with a torn hamstring. He wouldn't av walked off the pitch like he did either, am tellin ya.

Two and a half months MAXIMUM recovery time for a severe hamstring strain.

It isn't that severe otherwise he wouldn't have walked off, but going by the statement it could be 2 to 3 weeks, and for that reason I don't think he'll be risked at all for the Man U game.

Massive difference in a strain and a tear.

The article clearly says tear.

Its upto six months for a tear. Anyone who tells you otherwise is talking out there :censored:. If you come back too soon you will never recover as much as possible and you'll become weaker and prone to it.

Ever seen that one before?

No, 2 and a half months maximum then.

:no

A tear can be a type of strain, i.e. a very small tear of the muscle fibres, that's why strains are often reported as tears.

A severe tear for a top athlete will typically not take up to sixth months to heal, it will take within two and a half months. However, it may take up to six months for a sunday league player (for example) who isn't as fit and doesn't have access to the best rehabilitation facilities, or someone who has other injuries which inhibit rehab, or if the tear is so severe that it requires surgery (rare).

A severe tear (which does need surgery) can take upto six months to heal properly. Once its "healed" it then needs to regain strength aswell. Once you've regained strength you then need to build up fitness.

The website clearly says it can take upto 3 months for the hamstring to heal. That doesn't include complete rehabilitation and the regaining of fitness levels and the required rest. It clearly states for the hamstring to heal, there are different grades of healing.

If you rush a hamstring injury, you become at great risk of being prone to it in the future. like Michael Owen. If you don't let the first one heal properly and keep getting them... they can affect your ability to run and also a players speed and agility... like Michael Owen. It can then hinder you as a player and cause other injuries. like Michael Owen.

The fact you say a Sunday league player would be out for longer with the same injury shows a complete and utter lack of knowledge... granted professionals have physio's but so does anyone else... professional's are on a different planet altogether when it comes to injuries and fitness.

They get nailed on nearly every tackle, they use explosive pace and play against explosive players and they have to be 100% at all times. Sunday league players don't, not even close.

Professional's twist an ankle on Sunday and the chances are they will miss a Wednesday game through not being fit enough. They lose a hell of a lot, unlike a Sunday league player.

85% of them are that highly tuned that the slightest knock can set them back days, let alone a serious injury, hence the reason Gerrard doesn't want to play this weekend. He knows he won't be 100% and he probably won't do himself justice if he plays.
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:13 am

dont do that saint, i fear google might not cope with everyone typing in 'hurt leg' and suddenly becoming medical experts  :D
112-1077774096

Postby kazza » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:31 am

s@int wrote:I agree that just because Mick agrees doesn't make it so mate, I'm sure Mick would readily admit he's as full of :censored: as the rest of us :D  its all only opinions anyway.

You are right but it is only my opinion anyway.

The original point was you cannot walk off the field if you have a hamstring tear (and then a smiley insinuating that the poster knows more than others and we are stupid for thinking that you could)
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:38 am

peewee wrote:insult me

Err ok

You seem to know more about cack than football probably because you see it after every date.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:39 am

kazza wrote:
peewee wrote:insult me

Err ok

You seem to know more about cack than football probably because you see it after every date.

:sleep
112-1077774096

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion