Torres has got a hamstring tear

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby GYBS » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:12 am

think it would be a risk to play him tbh .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:21 am

well it got him a sick note to stay out of the Spain games - good one Rafa - master stroke. :cool:
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT_2.0 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:23 am

Think we could end up regretting it if we rush Torres and Gerrard back for this match
Image Image
GOAT_2.0

Postby kazza » Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:39 pm

peewee wrote:of course he will be fit,, he never had a tear to start with, he just tweaked it and no doubt he will play this weekend.

did anyone on here actually think he just strolled off the pitch with a torn hamstring   :D

Your lack of football knowledge once again is glaring. Just curious, have you ever actually played football?
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fo Dne » Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:09 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
Fo Dne wrote:
Rush Job wrote:And to think there were a couple of posters on here claiming he wasnt even injured.

He's picked up a strain at worst lad. They've released that statement for the element of suprise. If he's not on the bench for the mancs at least al be EXTREMELY suprised.

3 months MINIMUM with a torn hamstring. He wouldn't av walked off the pitch like he did either, am tellin ya.

Aye, you'd know.

Considering I've done it meself twice and been watching Owen do it for the last 10 years ya right I would.

Now :censored: off back to ya little hole with ya maggot, tissues and lights off and keep :censored: over Benitez and how :censored: he's made this team.
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby Fo Dne » Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:12 pm

LFC2007 wrote:
Fo Dne wrote:
Rush Job wrote:And to think there were a couple of posters on here claiming he wasnt even injured.

He's picked up a strain at worst lad. They've released that statement for the element of suprise. If he's not on the bench for the mancs at least al be EXTREMELY suprised.

3 months MINIMUM with a torn hamstring. He wouldn't av walked off the pitch like he did either, am tellin ya.

Two and a half months MAXIMUM recovery time for a severe hamstring strain.

It isn't that severe otherwise he wouldn't have walked off, but going by the statement it could be 2 to 3 weeks, and for that reason I don't think he'll be risked at all for the Man U game.

Massive difference in a strain and a tear.

The article clearly says tear.

Its upto six months for a tear. Anyone who tells you otherwise is talking out there :censored:. If you come back too soon you will never recover as much as possible and you'll become weaker and prone to it.

Ever seen that one before?

No, 2 and a half months maximum then.

:no
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby Fo Dne » Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:15 pm

peewee wrote:of course he will be fit,, he never had a tear to start with, he just tweaked it and no doubt he will play this weekend.

did anyone on here actually think he just strolled off the pitch with a torn hamstring   :D

People clearly did.
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:20 pm

kazza wrote:

Your lack of football knowledge once again is glaring. Just curious, have you ever actually played football?

yes thanks, and rugby union to a decent standard. but quite what football knowledge has to do with hamstrings is beyond me, are you confusing football knowledge with medical knowledge?
112-1077774096

Postby GYBS » Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:44 pm

Fo Dne wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:
Fo Dne wrote:

It isn't that severe otherwise he wouldn't have walked off, but going by the statement it could be 2 to 3 weeks, and for that reason I don't think he'll be risked at all for the Man U game.

Its upto six months for a tear. Anyone who tells you otherwise is talking out there :censored:. If you come back too soon you will never recover as much as possible and you'll become weaker and prone to it.

It all depends on the size and depth and where the tear is will depend on the length of time out - torres could easily of had a tiny little tear in his muscle that would heal in up to two weeks .

yes i have done my physio course- level 2 at the present time .

torres felt it twinge so came off straight and walked away to stop it straining or tearing more . so a tiny tear could easily of happened to torres.
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:48 pm

Fo Dne wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
Fo Dne wrote:

Aye, you'd know.

Considering I've done it meself twice and been watching Owen do it for the last 10 years ya right I would.

Now :censored: off back to ya little hole with ya maggot, tissues and lights off and keep :censored: over Benitez and how :censored: he's made this team.

you seem a very angry young man - maybe you should see someone about it ? anger management or something  :suspect:
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:52 pm

Fo Dne wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:
Fo Dne wrote:

A tear can be a type of strain, i.e. a very small tear of the muscle fibres, that's why strains are often reported as tears.

A severe tear for a top athlete will typically not take up to sixth months to heal, it will take within two and a half months. However, it may take up to six months for a sunday league player (for example) who isn't as fit and doesn't have access to the best rehabilitation facilities, or someone who has other injuries which inhibit rehab, or if the tear is so severe that it requires surgery (rare).
LFC2007

Postby GYBS » Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:59 pm

LFC2007 wrote:
Fo Dne wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:
Fo Dne wrote:

A tear can be a type of strain, i.e. a very small tear of the muscle fibres, that's why strains are often reported as tears.

A severe tear for a top athlete will typically not take up to sixth months to heal, it will take within two and a half months. However, it may take up to six months for a sunday league player (for example) who isn't as fit and doesn't have access to the best rehabilitation facilities, or someone who has other injuries which inhibit rehab, or if the tear is so severe that it requires surgery (rare).

spot on mate
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:00 pm

account deleted by request

Postby metalhead » Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:04 pm

s@int wrote:Hamstring injuries  :D

s@int the saviour

now I know why people call you a saint... or s@int :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<