Torres has got a hamstring tear

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JC_81 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:11 pm

This Torres hamstring injury is a lot more worrying imo than a lot of you seem to think.  This is possibly the one injury we don't want Torres to be getting.  Once you start tweaking your hamstring you end up with a permanent weakness there and it doesn't matter what treatment you give or how bad the original tear is.

A large part of Torres' game is about pace and running the channels.  Eventually hamstring injuries will slow him down, as they have done with Michael Owen and many others before him.  History always repeats itself.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:17 pm

He's had a long summer , been playing most of our games last season 40 to 50 odd games , than goes off for internationals in the euro's , he's had only 2 to 3 weeks breaks compared to the rest of the squad . I think this injury will not hamper him as torres did the right thing and went off early , its also not as serious as expected and i think he will be back for the manure game , hopefully a clever ploy by rafa to throw of fergie like how fergie always does with his players , etc , ferdinand and VDS in last year's fixtures , saying they might not make it and they did .
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:18 pm

Sign Owen as backup.

We still have a few hours left.

We'll pay him 60K a week, and he can spend as much time on PaddyPower.COM as he wants.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby samurai3000 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:29 pm

its a huge blow i dont know where the goals will come from. really gutted he wont play against mancs.. Keano and gerrard the only ones to score i hope..
samurai3000

Postby GOAT_2.0 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:23 pm

samurai3000 wrote:Keano

Oh jesus christ
Image Image
GOAT_2.0

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:36 pm

Started slagging him off already?
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:40 pm

john craig wrote:This Torres hamstring injury is a lot more worrying imo than a lot of you seem to think.  This is possibly the one injury we don't want Torres to be getting.  Once you start tweaking your hamstring you end up with a permanent weakness there and it doesn't matter what treatment you give or how bad the original tear is.

A large part of Torres' game is about pace and running the channels.  Eventually hamstring injuries will slow him down, as they have done with Michael Owen and many others before him.  History always repeats itself.

True!
All the more reason that I doubt he will be back for UTD now,it seems a bit worse than it looked!
The last thing we want though is for him to be rushed back,theres no way he should kick another ball for us until he is absolutely 100% fit and able to do so,regardless of how much we need him in the team!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:10 pm

Gerrard30391 wrote:Ron-puff-aldo

That's gotta be the most stupid play on words this board has seen. Grow up
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:14 pm

i just hope this is a one off thing and not a Michael Owen injury :(
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT_2.0 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:04 pm

Toffeehater wrote:Started slagging him off already?

Erm if that was a reference to me I was talking about him calling keane keano, I guess you call him that an all then
Image Image
GOAT_2.0

Postby Fo Dne » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:10 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
Gerrard30391 wrote:This type of thread somes up LFC. We cannot live without two players, and that isn't going to get you anywhere near the title. You look at manure and the a.rse and they have quality to replace there injured players. Manure seem to be coping without Ron-puff-aldo ATM so we should be able to cope with the loss, all be it for 3 weeks? And the facts is we can't and thats what we need, some quality to bring off the bench. anyway, back on topic, im not sure either will play a full game, it'll be 60mins or come on at 60mins

This kind of comment always bemuses me.  These lads are our two best players so we're definitely going to miss them and there's no shame in that.  And, newsflash, other top teams miss key players when they're injured too.  Chelsea struggled without Terry and Drogba last season.  Man U hit a poor patch when Vidic went out last year and they're certainly missing Ronaldo now.  Arsenal?  Don't think for a moment that they weren't ecstatic to see Fabregas back the other day coz they looked p!ss poor without him.

The fact is we're useless without our best two players.

Do you think we'd go away to Portsmouth or any decent team and get a win and look reasonabley comfortable and be value for the three points?
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby Fo Dne » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:14 pm

john craig wrote:This Torres hamstring injury is a lot more worrying imo than a lot of you seem to think.  This is possibly the one injury we don't want Torres to be getting.  Once you start tweaking your hamstring you end up with a permanent weakness there and it doesn't matter what treatment you give or how bad the original tear is.

I can tell you now there is only one person who's fault it was that Owen is now like he is.

It ain't Michael Owen either.

Rushed back far to many times...
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby Rush Job » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:27 am

And to think there were a couple of posters on here claiming he wasnt even injured.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:30 am

out for 2 to 3 weeks, i say 3 weeks
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:14 am

To sum this is up is simple the boyes we either get good results in next 5 games and go top or they won't and Rafa will get sacked.

Or we will we will get 3 wins lose to mancs and a draw and Saga will happen for another season or so.
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion