Torres has got a hamstring tear

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Gerrard30391 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:11 pm

Sabre wrote:The Spanish press I've raid says that he'll be inactive 7-10 days, I hope they're right.

You better be right. Otherwise we're screwed in two weeks time!
"I certainly wouldn't say I'm the best manager in the business, but I'm in the top one."
Gerrard30391
LFC Super Member

Postby Simari » Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:17 pm

GYBS wrote:
Gerrard30391 wrote:
GYBS wrote:
Gerrard30391 wrote:
GYBS wrote:
Gerrard30391 wrote:This type of thread somes up LFC. We cannot live without two players, and that isn't going to get you anywhere near the title. You look at manure and the a.rse and they have quality to replace there injured players. Manure seem to be coping without Ron-puff-aldo ATM so we should be able to cope with the loss, all be it for 3 weeks? And the facts is we can't and thats what we need, some quality to bring off the bench. anyway, back on topic, im not sure either will play a full game, it'll be 60mins or come on at 60mins

Are Man Utd really coping without ronaldo thou ? they dont seem to be to me .

They seemed to beat Portsmouth quite comfortably the other night. Which is just as hard a place to go as Villa. They're a better team but we were scraping 1-0 even with these two in the team. They can win 1-0 comfortably without him.

they looked far frpom comfy in both the games they have played relying on fletchers goals so far and have looked toothless going forward - same again friday night .

They looked slighlty more adept at going forward from the midfield than us whilst still keeping strong at the back and thats how they can cope because they attack as a unit, full backs 'n all

We still looking strong at the back this season - only one goal conceeded - same as mancs and they have scored two goals in two games and not creating much with ronaldo.

If you've watched their game against Portsmouth, they had a number of shots on goal and were creating plenty of chances. James provided Portsmouth with a respectable scoreline with a number of stunning saves.

Ronaldo gives them that extra edge to take them beyond the likes of us and Arsenal. Add to that Hargreaves and Nani as a sub, and it's not hard to see why Man U, as a team are still miles better than us, as much as it hurts me to say that. We did not manage a single shot on target yesterday (apart from Dossena's super cross :D . You'd never find that to be the case with Arsenal, Chelsea and Man U - regardless of how :censored: they might be playing.

In all honesty, I cannot remember if Keane has had a shot on target in the EPL so far. He has hardly attempted any and needs to be played in correct positions to restore his confidence (as he demonstrated in the 2nd half yesterday - best period of football we've seen from him in a red shirt).
Simari
LFC Super Member

Postby Bad Bob » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:14 pm

Gerrard30391 wrote:This type of thread somes up LFC. We cannot live without two players, and that isn't going to get you anywhere near the title. You look at manure and the a.rse and they have quality to replace there injured players. Manure seem to be coping without Ron-puff-aldo ATM so we should be able to cope with the loss, all be it for 3 weeks? And the facts is we can't and thats what we need, some quality to bring off the bench. anyway, back on topic, im not sure either will play a full game, it'll be 60mins or come on at 60mins

This kind of comment always bemuses me.  These lads are our two best players so we're definitely going to miss them and there's no shame in that.  And, newsflash, other top teams miss key players when they're injured too.  Chelsea struggled without Terry and Drogba last season.  Man U hit a poor patch when Vidic went out last year and they're certainly missing Ronaldo now.  Arsenal?  Don't think for a moment that they weren't ecstatic to see Fabregas back the other day coz they looked p!ss poor without him.
Last edited by Bad Bob on Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:22 pm

lakes10 wrote:
Gerrard30391 wrote:
lakes10 wrote:
GYBS wrote:How do they know its a tear without the scan ?

blood showing under the skin. come on i am sure some of you know that.

Hey guys, we've got a new physio:P :bowdown

lol this only happens in a bad case, it dont look nice  sometime the whole top part of your leg can go black.

If its not that bad you can just get blood spots on the skin. this is from where the muscle tissue is bleeding.

Now you're just showing off  :D

I think both him and gerro will be beak for the manu game  :nod
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:28 pm

i think rafa is doing what fergie always does and claims that his players are injured before us , remember last season , when fergie said that ferdinand would not make the game and he did , and a couple of season back he did the same .
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:29 pm

Number 9 wrote:Image
Every thread is the same!! :angry:

:D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:34 pm

lakes10 wrote:Image

its not what i was looking for but this is what i mean by blood under the skin.

Exactly! I had a serious hamstring tear about 4 years ago whilst playing in the FA cup preliminaries. Its fairly obvious to anyone watching whether it is serious by the lack of movement in the damaged leg. Not to mention the bruising that appears pretty swiftly, especially for a tear.

Clearly more media hype and guessing.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:36 pm

lakes10 wrote:Image

its not what i was looking for but this is what i mean by blood under the skin.

That's an abrasion. If Torres tore his muscle, let me tell you this: he'd have been on the deck rolling about in agony, not limping off. I tore the muscle under my foot, and it sent me to the floor right away.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:03 pm

Liverpool have today confirmed Fernando Torres suffered a hamstring tear during the Reds' goalless draw at Aston Villa on Sunday. The Liverpool striker limped off during the first half of the match and has been forced to withdraw from the Spanish squad for their forthcoming World Cup qualifiers against Bosnia and Armenia.

"A scan this afternoon has confirmed a hamstring tear in Fernando's right leg. He is expected to be out for between two and three weeks," said a club spokesman
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:14 pm

Yeah, it's just on .TV. I still don't think it's nearly as bad as they say.  We can only hope it's not one of those ones that is persistent. Like I said, if he'd torn it proper, he'd have been on the dirt in two seconds.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:24 pm

Fernando Torres is almost certain to miss Liverpool’s crunch clash with Manchester United after scans confirmed he has torn his hamstring.

The Spain superstar has been ruled out for ‘two to three weeks’, after he pulled up after 25 minutes of Sunday’s 0-0 draw with Aston Villa.

With United scheduled to visit Anfield on September 13, even a two-week absence would surely rule Torres out Liverpool’s first title showdown of the season.

A statement on The Reds’ official website announced: "A scan this afternoon has confirmed a hamstring tear in Fernando's right leg.

“He is expected to be out for between two and three weeks.”

Torres will now undergo intensive rehabilitation during the international period, but Liverpool will know they face the possibility of facing United without both he and Steven Gerrard.

Meanwhile, The Reds have confirmed Andriy Voronin has left the club.
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:30 pm

Hopefully part of some clever plot to get our miserly owners to part with some more cash to bring Owen "home".
account deleted by request

Postby Ciggy » Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:31 pm

s@int wrote:Hopefully part of some clever plot to get our miserly owners to part with some more cash to bring Owen "home".

Would like to think so Saint but it looks like rafa has had to get rid of Finnan, Vorro and Intanje to pay for Reira  :down:
Last edited by Ciggy on Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:05 pm

SSN say Torres will miss 2-3 weeks with a hamstring injury.

That's OK. Not so bad.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:02 pm

He's definitely out of the Man U game then.
LFC2007

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion