Torres has got a hamstring tear

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby lakes10 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:08 am

Number 9 wrote: :D Next you will be telling us he has MRSA lakes you happy chappy!

I dont think it looked that bad,more like a minor tweak.He obviously could'nt play on but he was'nt exactly writhing in agony which would have looked a hell of a lot worse!
We will just have to wait and see and keep or fingers crossed!
It could go either way they may both be back in time for UTD or both still injured! :(

hey if he was taken to my local Hospital they give you MRSA for free.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gerrard30391 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:11 am

lakes10 wrote:
Number 9 wrote::D Next you will be telling us he has MRSA lakes you happy chappy!

I dont think it looked that bad,more like a minor tweak.He obviously could'nt play on but he was'nt exactly writhing in agony which would have looked a hell of a lot worse!
We will just have to wait and see and keep or fingers crossed!
It could go either way they may both be back in time for UTD or both still injured! :(

hey if he was taken to my local Hospital they give you MRSA for free.

LOL  haha :wwww
"I certainly wouldn't say I'm the best manager in the business, but I'm in the top one."
Gerrard30391
LFC Super Member

Postby GOAT_2.0 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:12 am

Even if he could make it back for man u would Rafa risk him? Maybe because its them he might, same with Gerrard
Image Image
GOAT_2.0

Postby Gerrard30391 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:17 am

This type of thread somes up LFC. We cannot live without two players, and that isn't going to get you anywhere near the title. You look at manure and the a.rse and they have quality to replace there injured players. Manure seem to be coping without Ron-puff-aldo ATM so we should be able to cope with the loss, all be it for 3 weeks? And the facts is we can't and thats what we need, some quality to bring off the bench. anyway, back on topic, im not sure either will play a full game, it'll be 60mins or come on at 60mins
"I certainly wouldn't say I'm the best manager in the business, but I'm in the top one."
Gerrard30391
LFC Super Member

Postby GYBS » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:20 am

Gerrard30391 wrote:This type of thread somes up LFC. We cannot live without two players, and that isn't going to get you anywhere near the title. You look at manure and the a.rse and they have quality to replace there injured players. Manure seem to be coping without Ron-puff-aldo ATM so we should be able to cope with the loss, all be it for 3 weeks? And the facts is we can't and thats what we need, some quality to bring off the bench. anyway, back on topic, im not sure either will play a full game, it'll be 60mins or come on at 60mins

Are Man Utd really coping without ronaldo thou ? they dont seem to be to me .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gerrard30391 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:25 am

GYBS wrote:
Gerrard30391 wrote:This type of thread somes up LFC. We cannot live without two players, and that isn't going to get you anywhere near the title. You look at manure and the a.rse and they have quality to replace there injured players. Manure seem to be coping without Ron-puff-aldo ATM so we should be able to cope with the loss, all be it for 3 weeks? And the facts is we can't and thats what we need, some quality to bring off the bench. anyway, back on topic, im not sure either will play a full game, it'll be 60mins or come on at 60mins

They seemed to beat Portsmouth quite comfortably the other night. Which is just as hard a place to go as Villa. They're a better team but we were scraping 1-0 even with these two in the team. They can win 1-0 comfortably without him.
Gerrard30391
LFC Super Member

Postby GYBS » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:30 am

Gerrard30391 wrote:
GYBS wrote:

They seemed to beat Portsmouth quite comfortably the other night. Which is just as hard a place to go as Villa. They're a better team but we were scraping 1-0 even with these two in the team. They can win 1-0 comfortably without him.

they looked far frpom comfy in both the games they have played relying on fletchers goals so far and have looked toothless going forward - same again friday night .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fo Dne » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:33 am

Am tellin ya now from experience, if its torn he wouldn't av been walkin like he was. It :censored: kills...

Remember Owen leaving the pitch with torn hamstrings aswell? He didn't walk off as normal, its a slight pull nothing more, which means he'll be back in two weeks...

We don't play the :censored: wits from down the road for two weeks, him and Gerrard will play some part in that match, i'd bet my house on it.
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby Gerrard30391 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:33 am

GYBS wrote:
Gerrard30391 wrote:
GYBS wrote:

they looked far frpom comfy in both the games they have played relying on fletchers goals so far and have looked toothless going forward - same again friday night .

They looked slighlty more adept at going forward from the midfield than us whilst still keeping strong at the back and thats how they can cope because they attack as a unit, full backs 'n all
Gerrard30391
LFC Super Member

Postby LegBarnes » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:36 am

Fo Dne wrote:Am tellin ya now from experience, if its torn he wouldn't av been walkin like he was. It :censored: kills...

Remember Owen leaving the pitch with torn hamstrings aswell? He didn't walk off as normal, its a slight pull nothing more, which means he'll be back in two weeks...

We don't play the :censored: wits from down the road for two weeks, him and Gerrard will play some part in that match, i'd bet my house on it.

Agreed with you there Fo Dne i done my hamstring and you can't walk off like he did it kills !

I couldn't put any wieght on it at all for weeks.
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:39 am

Gerrard30391 wrote:
GYBS wrote:
Gerrard30391 wrote:
GYBS wrote:

They looked slighlty more adept at going forward from the midfield than us whilst still keeping strong at the back and thats how they can cope because they attack as a unit, full backs 'n all

We still looking strong at the back this season - only one goal conceeded - same as mancs and they have scored two goals in two games and not creating much with ronaldo.
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fo Dne » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:51 am

GYBS wrote:
Gerrard30391 wrote:
GYBS wrote:
Gerrard30391 wrote:
GYBS wrote:

We still looking strong at the back this season - only one goal conceeded - same as mancs and they have scored two goals in two games and not creating much with ronaldo.

We look strong at the back? Everytime that ball goes near our box I :censored: meself. Dunno about anyone else. From open play we're solid but on set pieces both attacking and defensive we're a joke.
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby GYBS » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:57 am

Fo Dne wrote:
GYBS wrote:
Gerrard30391 wrote:
GYBS wrote:
Gerrard30391 wrote:
GYBS wrote:

We look strong at the back? Everytime that ball goes near our box I :censored: meself. Dunno about anyone else. From open play we're solid but on set pieces both attacking and defensive we're a joke.

How many goals have we let in from set peices so far ? think i remember one header this sunday that laursen put wide . attacking i would agree but yesterday the ball was at least getting past first man without gerrard taking the corners.
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:06 pm

The Spanish press I've read says that he'll be inactive 7-10 days, I hope they're right. If that's correct he'll only miss the international game.

As Andy G says it all depends on the kind of fracture it is.
Last edited by Sabre on Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:09 pm

Every thread is the same!! :angry:
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion