Torres & gerrard top pay list - France football

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Reg » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:39 pm

You might find that with ManUre that the player gets paid 20 thou a week then an offshore company will receive the balance 80 thou whatever, tax free.  Oooopps ! ???
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:03 pm

Reg wrote:Four of the top ten earners in the world game play for Chelsea, according to France Football magazine’s annual estimates of player salaries. Kaká, of AC Milan, and Ronaldinho, of Barcelona — both Brazilians — head the list, followed by Frank Lampard and John Terry, of Chelsea, who are the highest-earning Englishmen. In addition to Michael Ballack and Andriy Shevchenko, the other Chelsea representatives, three more Barclays Premier League players are in the top ten — Fernando Torres, Cristiano Ronaldo and Steven Gerrard. Ronaldo’s will improve once he has renegotiated his contract.

Top ten earners

Kaká (AC Milan) £6.6m
Ronaldinho (Barcelona) £6.31
F Lampard (Chelsea) £6.04
J Terry (Chelsea) £6.04
F Torres (Liverpool) £5.86
A Shevchenko (Chelsea) £5.77
M Ballack (Chelsea) £5.77
C Ronaldo (Man Utd) £5.69
T Henry (Barcelona) £5.69
S Gerrard (Liverpool) £5.69

Anyone in any doubt why we need financially strong owners, take a look at these salaries.

Also makes you realise the 30 million quid we spend a year to  service the debt would cover 5-6 top players like Gerrard, Henry, Ronaldinho.....  :(

I think those figures are :censored: because for a start they don't include Zlatan Ibrahimovic who by all accounts is apparently the highest paid player in Italy.

What's more, where's Beckham? Was it not the case that he apparently earns 500,000 dollars a week from L.A Galaxy? (i.e. about 250,000 sterling a week)
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Emerald Red » Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:26 pm

Even if those figures aren't accurate, looking at them makes me sick. It's getting ridiculous the amount of money these players earn. Older, better ex footballing legends must feel even worse knowing the money that's being thrown at players today. How much would a Pele or Maradonna be worth or earning? It's frightening. All this money for doing something they enjoy and for doing something that practically anyone can do with enough practice - kick a football.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:11 pm

They earn there money, its a different world so cant feel sick. but why do we need more money? we have 2 in the top 10, manure have one, arsenal have none... so its not like we are peasents here is it
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mighty mo » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:37 pm

JoeTerp wrote:if the dollar wasn't such a pussy right now Becks would be on the list.  Even with the conversion, Peyton Manning is making 7 milllion pounds a year and his salary is CAPPED by the league.  Alex Rodriguez makes 13.75 million pounds a year in the uncapped baseball league.

lots of NBA players make more than Kaka as well

Right now our footie teams salaries are capped at about 1.25 million pounds with the exception of being able to have 1 player make as much as he wants and only counting for 200,000 pounds against the cap.   So you can imagine what footie in the country could look like if it every got popular to the same levels of NFL and baseball (not really possible for the next 40-50 years though :(   ) I don't ever see Europeans in their prime EVER coming here but maybe one day we could compete for Africa, South America, and Asia's top talent

baseball players are the best paid sportstars, alex rodriguez signed a $252 million dollar ten year contract on 2000, he opted out of it after 7 years last october  and resigned with the yankees for $305 million for another 10 years, his team mate derek jeter signed a 10 year contract in 2000 for $189 million dollars. so comapre football wages to baseball it is peanuts.
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:12 pm

top fifty highest earners 07/08

Great to see Kewell managed to make the list
Last edited by account deleted by request on Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby JoeTerp » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:15 pm

Emerald Red wrote:Even if those figures aren't accurate, looking at them makes me sick. It's getting ridiculous the amount of money these players earn. Older, better ex footballing legends must feel even worse knowing the money that's being thrown at players today. How much would a Pele or Maradonna be worth or earning? It's frightening. All this money for doing something they enjoy and for doing something that practically anyone can do with enough practice - kick a football.

I think it would be more disgusting if they were earning less, because then think about all the profits that the owners would be making.  The money that players make is a sign of how important the game is to the fans and how important wining is to the owners.
JoeTerp

Postby Igor Zidane » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:33 pm

JoeTerp wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:Even if those figures aren't accurate, looking at them makes me sick. It's getting ridiculous the amount of money these players earn. Older, better ex footballing legends must feel even worse knowing the money that's being thrown at players today. How much would a Pele or Maradonna be worth or earning? It's frightening. All this money for doing something they enjoy and for doing something that practically anyone can do with enough practice - kick a football.

I think it would be more disgusting if they were earning less, because then think about all the profits that the owners would be making.  The money that players make is a sign of how important the game is to the fans and how important wining is to the owners.

Here's a novel idea , all that money that's being made .Instead of giving obscene amounts to the players or giving the owners even bigger profits , how's about dropping ticket prices and giving it back to the fans. Unrealistic i know ,but one can dream. :;):
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:00 pm

Hard to believe but Wigan pay the highest average wage of ANY UK company. Higher than Liverpool or Chelsea.

LONDON, February 29: Wigan Athletic, the soccer team from the town that author George Orwell used as a symbol of 1930s poverty, pays the highest average salary of any closely held UK company, a survey found. Wigan's average salary was £348,508 ($693,000), topping Premier League clubs such as Liverpool and Chelsea, according to Bristol - based Jordans Limited.

Six of the top 10 companies in the survey were soccer clubs in England's top division. Wigan, 14th in the 20-team league, is first because its total payroll is dominated by players, according to a club statement. All but 17 of its 69 employees are players or coaches, according to the club's latest accounts posted at Companies House.

"Wigan Athletic operate at the highest level of the game with a fraction of the staff of more established Premier League clubs,'' the statement said.
account deleted by request

Postby JoeTerp » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:39 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:
JoeTerp wrote:

Here's a novel idea , all that money that's being made .Instead of giving obscene amounts to the players or giving the owners even bigger profits , how's about dropping ticket prices and giving it back to the fans. Unrealistic i know ,but one can dream. :;):

this could only happen if clubs were owned by fans AND there was a rule capping the wages of the league.
JoeTerp

Postby Owzat » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:12 am

JBG wrote:What's more, where's Beckham? Was it not the case that he apparently earns 500,000 dollars a week from L.A Galaxy? (i.e. about 250,000 sterling a week)

Nah, plenty will tell you Beckham is only doing it to promote the game in USA  ??? so as such he must be classed as a charity worker or something like that and therefore those are his expenses rather than a salary......................

You're thinking that's bull sh it, and it is, but I'm only indulging in a little of what everyone does, except I don't believe a word of what I've said there unlike those who try to make out Beckham isn't out there for the money. Obviously it has hampered his England chances badly, clearly he didn't go out there to play top level football and enhance his England chances
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:12 pm

Well at the time he chose to come to America, he wasn't playing for Real and he wasn't sniffing the England squad, it wasn't until after the deal that he had a resurgence in both. His contract was ending at Real, and his career there had been a disapointment (salvaged a little by winning the la liga last year) he couldn't really go back to England, he wasn't (in all likelihood) going to ever play for England again, and he had this huge money offer from America, you can't blame him for taking it.  I am sure his missus wanted to move to LA, and its always a bad idea to ignore the missus.

And who doesn't work for the money?  Yes, it probably sounds sick to think of David Beckham, as rich as he is needing more money, and he obviously doesn't NEED anymore, but if you have the choice between less money and more money you take more money.  And in addition to the money, he does have NEW challenges of which he has never faced before out here. Before, it was never an issue about getting people to come and watch him, but that is going to be his biggest challenge out here, to grow a sport, nearly all by himself.  His base salary isn't all that high, and his incentives are largely based on how much the popularity of the league and the sport grows in this country.
JoeTerp

Postby JoeTerp » Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:24 pm

s@int wrote:top fifty highest earners 07/08

Great to see Kewell managed to make the list

not a single player from Arsenal

8 from Chelsea
6 from United
3 LFC (including Kewell)
1 Pompey
1 Spurs
1 Newcastle

and 2 ex Reds in Cisse and Morientes
JoeTerp

Postby Torres25 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:28 pm

this threads :censored:.....who cares how much they make???
Torres25

Postby holylamb2006 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:36 pm

OMG cant believe my eye's is that Kewell i see :D

This is the reason we should sell him 400k a week pssshhh
holylamb2006

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion