3%
4 Keegan for his passion
3%
5.Fowler for making it look easy
38%

Total votes : 37

Postby Well Red » Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:23 pm

the day Fernando Torres does something like this:

then he'll have ticked all the boxes to be the best striker this club has ever had in my opinion  :hearts
Last edited by Well Red on Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Well Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:22 am

I would have voted Owen had he been in the poll, pace and great dribbling skills with deft finishing and while heading is neither's forte, they are still good enough.

While many hold a grudge against Owen, maybe not so much for leaving as he did but for joining the mancs, I say he is a professional footballer and while we will love LFC and no other, it's not quite so simple for top footballers. He moved to the mancs because they moved for him and offer him a good chance at trophies and medals that he doesn't have in his collection. Can people REALLY blame someone for making the best career choices? I accept some will, but he served us well enough for 8+ years of his career and hating him is going to achieve nothing - and we share the same birthday :D So I find it a little churlish not to include Owen in the poll, nobody says you have to vote for him or even like him, but it's a pointless poll if one of the more obvious options is excluded. It's not as stupid as a poll for who will win the Premiership and excluding the mancs because you hate them, but it is a player equivalent
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:12 pm

I am the sole architect of this poll ,so it is regrettable that some posters see it as churlish my omission of O*** ,but I must stress that the poll was designed with the express purpose of identifying which striker Torres most reminded people of ,that said in keeping with the  format of a Legend ,I seriously do not consider O*** as befitting this particular title ,sorry if I might seem a tad childish but if I could only pick 5 Liverpool strikers from our illustrious past ,then O*** wouldn't get a mention
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redmikey » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:24 pm

torres and owen both fit......... no one would get near them two
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:29 pm

redmikey wrote:torres and owen both fit......... no one would get near them two

I agree mate, sadly that is about as likely as us winning the league
account deleted by request

Postby Kerry07 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:13 am

redmikey wrote:torres and owen both fit......... no one would get near them two

It would have been an awesome combination... because peak Owen with his lightening pace loved to drift out wide, thus pulling defenders out and leaving a massive gap that another speedster in Torres would have ran right through. Basically Owen wouldn't have congested Torres space, as Nando excells when he has acres of space to run into and not when there is another guy right beside him...hugely evident with Spain when Villa plays alongside, and when he doesnt (Euro '08 final when Torres had freedom to run wherever).

Owen is the one with the most similar attrbutes to Nando.. fast, clinical, make great runs, ice cool finishers, - both of whom love to pass it into the bottom corner.
"Its not just any other club" C.Tyldsley
"Liverpool are a special institution" X.Alonso
"Anfield es un templo de fútbol" AS
"The English club prove miracles do exist" D.Maradona
"Theres not one club in the world so united with its fans. Liverpool fans sent shivers down my spine" J.Cruyff
Kerry07

Postby Octsky » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:32 pm

dawson99 wrote:
metalhead wrote:
dawson99 wrote:Maybe its heart over head but Torres is nowhere near Fowler and Rush for me... maybe if he stopped the diving and the getting injured he would be, but gimme Fowler in his prime anyday (sorry)

Right and fowler never dived? Comon mate everyone dives its part of the game now and we can't do anything about it

Diving is worse than ever, and our two best players are the worst perpetrators of it. Yeah Fowler dived a bit, but nothng compared to what lads get up to nowadays in ALL teams

Folwer dives?
Did he not got one penalty against David Seaman vs Gooners, Fowler told the ref it is not the penalty, ref told him to f off, he took and miss the penalty but Macateer hit the rebound in or did I imagine that??
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby dawson99 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:32 pm

Octsky wrote:
dawson99 wrote:
metalhead wrote:
dawson99 wrote:Maybe its heart over head but Torres is nowhere near Fowler and Rush for me... maybe if he stopped the diving and the getting injured he would be, but gimme Fowler in his prime anyday (sorry)

Right and fowler never dived? Comon mate everyone dives its part of the game now and we can't do anything about it

Diving is worse than ever, and our two best players are the worst perpetrators of it. Yeah Fowler dived a bit, but nothng compared to what lads get up to nowadays in ALL teams

Folwer dives?
Did he not got one penalty against David Seaman vs Gooners, Fowler told the ref it is not the penalty, ref told him to f off, he took and miss the penalty but Macateer hit the rebound in or did I imagine that??

im agreeing with u, but everyone dives, fowler did it a little, but nothing compared to what happens now
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion