Tonights game

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:06 pm

*R*E*D*S* wrote:to be honest...i fell asleep just after the second half started. i blame the drink!

you lasted longer than me then  :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby El Nino_#9 » Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:10 pm

liverpool Vs kaunas game, i learnt a few things-
-momo and hamann is not a good combination,
-crouchy and nando are not a good combination,
-cisse looks like an absolute star. great pace and attitude,
-nando needs to up his game a lot!
-warnock and whitbread can be considered as good back-up,
-potter is not a NATURAL right winger and shouldn't play there if at all!
-hyypia can't cross a ball to save his life! although some say it was a shot! :laugh:
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby joependo » Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:39 pm

what did everyone think of it, just came bk from anfield and felt a little disappointed with the performance but got some positives:
Sissoko - my man of the match his he energy in midfield and his control was good for the youngsters first start.
Whitbread - looks to be a good player has pace and looks accompolished on the ball
Cisse & Crouch - for the brief 12 mins we seen them they looked good and quite an exciting prospect
Gerrard - every game is getting better, another goal!!!!!!!!
negatives:
Morientes - looks off the pace, tries to many tricks and flicks, everytime he got the ball tried to do somthing special but didn't work,
Zenden - not bringing the axe yet but dosn't look comfortable down the left always slows down not willing to run at players.
Garcia- great player, but passing hasn't improved has still got to be stronger but what a pass for cisse goal.

Overall the performance was average but it's still only pre-season, crossing got to improve hopefully the new RM will have this skill.
I totally agree with you.Last night Morientes and Crouch was just getting in the way of each other.You don't put 2 ariel players in attack as an partnership.You put a runner with an ariel one.So totally agree.
joependo

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion