Told u he was gonna stay

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby gerrard_steven » Mon Jun 28, 2004 9:02 pm

I never had my doubts bout stevie g, good on the lad hes a tru red n he should be given a medal lol john u best be counting your pennies n send em to the hustler lollll
gerrard_steven

Postby supersub » Mon Jun 28, 2004 10:57 pm

it's a major up-lift for the reds,without even signing a player.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby jonnymac1979 » Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:01 pm

I was really pleased when I found out this afternoon.  I didn't get out of bed until 18:00pm tonight as I was sitting up drinking with a mate of mine until 04:00am yesterday night.  Wasn't even aware of the press conference. 

We'll probably be discussing the same topic this time next year though if Liverpool don't show a massive level of improvement on the pitch.
jonnymac1979

Postby fivecups » Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:32 pm

Feels like we've gained 2 players with Baros scoring 5 in 4 games for the Czech Republic. He's stated that his confidence was gone under Houllier.

Owen should now commit and concentrate on rediscovering his form.

If Rafa can poach a couple of the Valencia players and make us start to play as a team instead of a bunch of individuals things could start to improve dramatically.

Bloody busy closed season!!
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stan Laurel » Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:39 pm

I am glad that Stevie is staying put, remember he said he was unhappy at the club for last 2 years.
And he was seriously thinking about moving to Chelsea the scum b@stard.
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gareth G » Tue Jun 29, 2004 1:11 am

Im very glad of this, but in his conference he seemed down, down as in he really wanted to ship off but decided to stay at LFC to please other's. It must have been a really big effort and influence on behalf of everyone who persuaded him to stay. However, even though he didn't seem very happy, ive no doubt in my mind he will over-come what seemed like dissapointment and give it his all once again for another season.

Fair play to you lad, you made the right decision. I hope everyone at Anfield wakens up this year and start's voicing out more support and shows Gerrard and the rest of the team why he stayed, i just feel the support has been very stale from last season...and i can understand why, but it's a new season ahead of us, and a very promising one at that...let the games begin!
Last edited by Gareth G on Tue Jun 29, 2004 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Tue Jun 29, 2004 1:32 am

I'm well pleased he's staying but his speech at the conference sounded a little "hollow" or was that just me ? He cam e over as feeling a  bit silly and his admittance that he was considering moving to anothe club was a brave one to admit. Still after half a dozren games under his belt I'm sure most will forget his moment of madness.

I can't help feeling he is committed for ONE Season only though unless we convince him that LFC are serious contenders for the title and CL. Lets hope he contributes and gets the success at LFC that he obviously craves :)
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:26 am

There should be no "I told you so"s from people here who claimed all along that Gerrard would stay.

In my opinion that was just based on blind faith and we heard it from Gerrard himself that there was some truth in the rumours and that he had considered leaving Liverpool.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby anfieldadorer » Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:34 am

Those who said SG was gonna stay knew better than SG himself.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:38 am

Exactly.

I'm delighted that Gerrard is staying, but those smartasres that come on here claiming that they knew all along that Gerrard was staying are wide off the mark. Gerrard's admission that he considered leaving shows that there was a lot of truth to the rumours.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby simic_ie » Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:38 am

In the interview yesterday I got more of an impression that Stevie was persuaded to stay rather than it was his and only his decision to stay. I think he will give the club one more season and if he doesn't see major improvement, not nesecarily wimming cups bt at least challenging harder, then I think he could be off next season, and if that did happen I couldn't blame him. I'd say he was pressured into giving Benni a chance, but still I'm not complaining :D
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:42 am

Parry insists that the decision came entirely from Gerrard and that Liverpool said nothing further to him after Benetiz visited him in Portugal. Parry claims that Gerrard came back from Portugal, spoke to his family and agent and then rang Parry for a meeting on Saturday morning.

Parry claims that the club didn't make any false promises to Gerrard nor was there any "arm twisting" but something must have been said to Gerrard to make him change his mind.

I'm hoping that it was Benetiz's plans for the future and not an empty promise by Parry to spend £30m on players underwritten by Thai investment that we may never get.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby simic_ie » Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:46 am

Did anyone else hear the reports that Abramovich apparently hit the roof when he heard that Stevie turned Chelski down, the news just gets better and better  :D
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Tue Jun 29, 2004 10:02 am

:D
Heres hoping he hits Kenyon

:p
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby welsh tracie » Tue Jun 29, 2004 10:17 am

i am really pleased to see a player(gerrard) who is not driven by greed, he has gone up totally in my estimation, i just hope that other players follow there heart and not there purse strings:D
welsh tracie

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion