Todays team selection. - Styling or sensible?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Fo Dne » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:13 pm

stmichael wrote:Two games time we play Chelsea away. There isn't a chance in he'll that Rafa will play Gerrard in a central midfield two in that one otherwise we'll get completely overrun.

The formation will change depending on the opposition. Don't be surprised to see Gerrard off the striker against Athletico aswell.

If thats the case Rafa's an idiot.
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby GYBS » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:15 pm

Why ? Chelsea play with three in the middle - we go in against them with just the two and we would be overrun by them .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:17 pm

Fo Dne wrote:
stmichael wrote:Two games time we play Chelsea away. There isn't a chance in he'll that Rafa will play Gerrard in a central midfield two in that one otherwise we'll get completely overrun.

The formation will change depending on the opposition. Don't be surprised to see Gerrard off the striker against Athletico aswell.

If thats the case Rafa's an idiot.

Behave yourself soft lad.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:20 pm

Fo Dne wrote:P.S. I remember when I was younger, a team I joined called the holt (a newly formed team at the time) had a coach who was a friends dad. Twp of the most important things with him were enjoyment and team spirit.

One thing he used to do which I think is fantastic was when the captains were selected, he'd pick two players... and offer the captain of one side a choice of those two players, the other one went on the other side. He done this untill the teams in training were sorted and it put a stop to people picking new lads last or the :censored: players last.

It added alot to the team spirit and you never had the same lads being picked last every week which done the team wonders. :)

Just a daft little something I thought I'd share in this hour! :D

Cant wait for the autoiography Stu.

From the Holt to the Premier LEague  - by Stu the Red
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fo Dne » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:21 pm

GYBS wrote:Why ? Chelsea play with three in the middle - we go in against them with just the two and we would be overrun by them .

See thats where tactics and shape help rather than a personel and team change. Also, Everton played three in the middle and Xabi and Gerrard done pretty decent there don't you think. When was the last time you saw any team dominate a match for the full ninety minutes?

We've got the best player in the world in that position so what are we going to do? Play him in a stupid position which gets 50% out of him if we're lucky! Great idea.

In cases where teams play the extra man in midfield you get a striker to drop off and a wide midfielder to tuck in, Keane drops off and presses alot and Kuyt always goes chasing infield. If Rafa's got the balls to go with our best team, which he hasn't. Our team will serve us very well against Chelsea.
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby GYBS » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:27 pm

Im sorry but you will have to explain how you only get 50% out of gerrard playing behind torres cause to me last season he looked bloody outstanding there .

Chelsea play three pure midfielders in there - we need to watch lampard and ballack/deco so thats where both masher and xabi come in - then there is mikel and leave him following gerrard around and gerrard will have him in his pocket - that leaves reira to compete with boswinga and kuyt with cashley and leave torres to rip another :censored: into terry and his partner with support from the others. we need three in the middle and we need masher in there .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bam » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:40 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
Fo Dne wrote:P.S. I remember when I was younger, a team I joined called the holt (a newly formed team at the time) had a coach who was a friends dad. Twp of the most important things with him were enjoyment and team spirit.

One thing he used to do which I think is fantastic was when the captains were selected, he'd pick two players... and offer the captain of one side a choice of those two players, the other one went on the other side. He done this untill the teams in training were sorted and it put a stop to people picking new lads last or the :censored: players last.

It added alot to the team spirit and you never had the same lads being picked last every week which done the team wonders. :)

:laugh:

Forum Discourse
Bam
LFC Super Member

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:03 pm

One other change that I thought had an important impact on the result, was Benayoun coming on for Reira. I often give the lad a little stick as I don't think he is quite good enough, but I thought he did well on Sunday and offered a different kind of threat that Citeh didn't handle very well.

Not going overboard with praise for him , but I thought he did well.
account deleted by request

Postby JoeTerp » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:34 pm

Bam wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:

why have any picking at all? why not just count off at random, or have the coach pick even teams to start with and read 'em off alphabetically.
JoeTerp

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:42 pm

JoeTerp wrote:
Bam wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:

why have any picking at all? why not just count off at random, or have the coach pick even teams to start with and read 'em off alphabetically.

You might finish up with 11 defenders or 11 attackers and no goalkeeper on the one hand, and everyone would moan at the coach if the teams wern't evenly matched on the other.

Although I believe Rafa goes with your first option most weeks Joe  :D
account deleted by request

Postby Fo Dne » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:50 pm

GYBS wrote:Im sorry but you will have to explain how you only get 50% out of gerrard playing behind torres cause to me last season he looked bloody outstanding there .

Chelsea play three pure midfielders in there - we need to watch lampard and ballack/deco so thats where both masher and xabi come in - then there is mikel and leave him following gerrard around and gerrard will have him in his pocket - that leaves reira to compete with boswinga and kuyt with cashley and leave torres to rip another :censored: into terry and his partner with support from the others. we need three in the middle and we need masher in there .

:sleep  :no
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby GYBS » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:43 pm

well debated and you countered it very well - at least you didnt roll of an insult for a change
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:59 pm

If we win the title, it'll be because Rafa listened to Stu.
LFC2007

Postby Fo Dne » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:10 pm

GYBS wrote:well debated and you countered it very well - at least you didnt roll of an insult for a change

Stop crying about insults. Its getting pathetic. If you can't take being called a name for talking complete and utter rubbish don't post on an internet forum. Grow some balls!!

Your posts are rubbish, they lack intelligence, reasoned arguement and balance, you complete neglect the facts, you compare players like Kuyt to Gerrard and Berbatov and keep telling us how great Liverpool are as a team when its crystal clear to anyone with an ounce of sense that we are lacking in quality in comparrison to the top three. You bang on about positives and completely fail to look at the hole arguement.

Your happy clapping rubbish posts are a joke to be quite honest and you aren't even worth "debating" with as you come back with the same old :censored: time and time again.

I've already asked you were do you think we aren't good enough, you can't answer... you bang on about how good everyone in our team is. You can't see the weeknesses and faults so whats the point even discussing it with you?
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby Fo Dne » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:12 pm

LFC2007 wrote:If we win the title, it'll be because Rafa listened to Stu.

You're about as funny as someone dying.
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion