Today's press conference

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ace Ventura » Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:14 pm

Paul C wrote:
XSD wrote:Likely players would be Figo, then one from Kuijt, Crouch or Milito.

But considering their was supposed to be signings by today their hasn't been anything concrete apart from the Figo situation and and bids for Crouch.

The delays have probably got something to do with the on-off Gerrard saga earlier in the week. If there is a conference today it will probably just an announcement of Gerrard Carra, Hamann and traore's contract signings.
Still thats a great weeks business imo !

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:17 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Stevies contract 20 million / 100 grand a week :no
Carras new contact 65 grand a week.
Thats best part of 30 million isnt it?
Figo 65 grand a week :O feck off.
Traore has signed a 4 year contract.
Reina 6 million.

We really really need cover for carra and sammi, I am very suprised we have not bought 2 defenders, this area needs the most concentration on and improving.

if i'm not mistaken, gerrard's new contract makes him the best paid player in this country now? that's the lengths we've had to go to in order to keep him. if you ask me, if gerrard deserves 100k a week so does carra.

as for traore, how on earth we can give him a new 4 year contract is just beyond me. :no
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Ciggy » Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:19 pm

stmichael wrote:as for traore, how on earth we can give him a new 4 year contract is just beyond me. :no

:D  Sa no more Micky say no more  :glare:  :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mighty mo » Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:23 pm

don,t panic boys ,the best signing of the season will still be gerrard anything after that is a small bonus.
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:25 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:
bavlondon wrote:My mistake sorry i found the article. Barragan, Reina and Gonzales will be present at the conference today and the other new signing will be revealed alos but not present.

What time is it on?

The ussually happend just after 12. I remember the last 4 conferences have been 12ish. Best thing to do is keep one eye on Sky Sports news and one eye on the official site.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fernando Morientes > 19 < » Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:35 pm

Can someone translate the following story :
Liverpool wants Figo on a free transfer [Source: Marca / Date: 08-07 / Time: 08.51

Babelfish doesnt translate the story properly and it's difficult to understand the final part of the article.
"He is the player that Liverpool have been looking for." - Ian Rush
Fernando Morientes > 19 <
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AlanHansen » Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:42 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:We really really need cover for carra and sammi, I am very suprised we have not bought 2 defenders, this area needs the most concentration on and improving.

Yeah, I am surprised at this, Figo would be great but we really need someone to share the load with Carra and Hyypia, a decent 6 or 7 mil defender and maybe a youngish lad as well.
AlanHansen

Postby MilitiaRusher » Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:44 pm

AlanHansen wrote:
cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:We really really need cover for carra and sammi, I am very suprised we have not bought 2 defenders, this area needs the most concentration on and improving.

Yeah, I am surprised at this, Figo would be great but we really need someone to share the load with Carra and Hyypia, a decent 6 or 7 mil defender and maybe a youngish lad as well.

Do you live in Mars?

DO you know we signed a certain defender called Antonio Barragan and also another certain center back called Jack Hobbs whose on trial right now?
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mkingdom » Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:47 pm

MilitiaRusher wrote:
AlanHansen wrote:

Do you live in Mars?

DO you know we signed a certain defender called Antonio Barragan and also another certain center back called Jack Hobbs whose on trial right now?

Yeh, but Hobbs is 16 and on trial...not signed.

Barragan is also very young and I don't think bought with first team football in mind just yet.

I think we need Upson or Millito as competition for the 1st team CB.
mkingdom

Postby LFC #1 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:47 pm

MilitiaRusher wrote:
AlanHansen wrote:

Do you live in Mars?

so Hobbs who is 16 years old and never played at the top level is going to automatically become a first team palyer, get a fcukin grip.

Barragan is a right back, and the only centre-halfs we have are Sami, Carra and Traore cna play their if needed. That means we defo need another centre-half, smai isn't going to be bale to play every game and lord help us if Smai ir Carra gets injured.

You are clearly the one who lives on Mars.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:51 pm

MilitiaRusher wrote:
AlanHansen wrote:

Do you live in Mars?

Barragan is a right back and I haven't heard anything concrete about Hobbs apart from we were interested in him.  ???
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MilitiaRusher » Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:51 pm

LFC #1 wrote:
MilitiaRusher wrote:
AlanHansen wrote:

Do you live in Mars?

so Hobbs who is 16 years old and never played at the top level is going to automatically become a first team palyer, get a fcukin grip.

Barragan is a right back, and the only centre-halfs we have are Sami, Carra and Traore cna play their if needed. That means we defo need another centre-half, smai isn't going to be bale to play every game and lord help us if Smai ir Carra gets injured.

You are clearly the one who lives on Mars.

In AlanHansen's post, it clearly states that he never has an idea that a YOUNGISH defender has already been brought in. I was not even mentioning and talking about buying a 6-7 million CB, so whats the fcking problem?
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:52 pm

ok i missed that part, we do need a good quality centre-half though.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fernando Morientes > 19 < » Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:56 pm

Hobbs stills needs to get some experience while i think Zak Whitbread needs to be given a proper run in the first team squad as Sami Hyppia seems a bit tired nowadays.
Last edited by Fernando Morientes > 19 < on Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"He is the player that Liverpool have been looking for." - Ian Rush
Fernando Morientes > 19 <
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kopite_1232002 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:59 pm

doesn look like there is goin to be a press confrance. there is nuffin on sky sports news only about neil mellor. surly the press would ov been told by now to make there way to melwood,
kopite_1232002

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion