Today's friday five

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:10 pm

today's questions come courtesy of sem from talklfc.com. i can't be ar$ed thinking today. 

1. In light of recent circumstances should we have tried harder in our pursuit of Woodgate?

2. Should defenders and goalkeepers be paid as much as midfielders and strikers?

3. Womens football - is it any good?

4. The Champions League - who are your dark horses?

5. Who will be the 1st manager to get the boot?

BONUS QUESTION:

You're in the middle of a bridge wearing steel toe-cap boots. Gary Neville is on one end of the bridge and Tim Cahill is on the other. As someone has considerately tied up both Neville & Cahill, you plan to go over to each end and kick them in the nuts.

Suddenly the bridge starts to come apart. Sadly, you only have time to run to one end of the bridge before it collapses, thus you're only able to kick ONE of them in the nuts. Who would you choose and why?
  :D
Last edited by stmichael on Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:41 pm

1/ No, I am more than happy with Agger

2/ Yes, a great goalkeeper or defender is just as important as a great striker.

3/No - I played with and against an England international woman footballer and she wasn't even up to my standard, and I wasnt good. The following week she scored for England lol.

4/Liverpool and Roma

5/Hopefully Moaninho or Warnock but more likely to be Pardew if they get taken over.

Bonus question Gary Neville - the thought of him having children is unbearable.
account deleted by request

Postby ConnO'var » Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:57 pm

1. No.. He's good but he'll spend more time on the physio's table than on the pitch.... Agger is plenty good enuff and hopefully Paletta will prove to be the bee's knees.

2. Definitely..... I'd happily pay Zambrotta and Cannavaro the same amount as Gerrard.

3. Yes.... sometimes, they're more fun to watch than the men... for more than the obvious reasons too..  :D

4. Us and Internationale

5. Psycho

Bonus question...
No brainer.... G Neville every time... reason? What S@int said....  :p :p :D
ConnO'var

Postby bigxchris » Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:59 pm

1. Never really rated Woodgate that highly, if we did bring him in it only would have been an act of desperation looking for cover!

2. I think everyone should get the same.  Footballers get paid too much as it is and goalkeepers and defenders are just as important as other positons.

3. No comment, never sat down and watched any really. 

4. Lyon are looking good again, I fancy them to go far this time around.

5. Moyes, when the bitters end their lucky run and everyone realises how :censored: they really are, I wish.

BONUS QUESTION:

Cahill for sure, I would then build a bridge to get to Neville and castrate him.
"Holy crip, he's a crapple"
bigxchris

Postby Redbilly1960 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:00 pm

1. In light of recent circumstances should we have tried harder in our pursuit of Woodgate?

No over rated

2. Should defenders and goalkeepers be paid as much as midfielders and strikers?

Yes

I guess in july if there no real footy to watch

Liverpool

Pardew

BONUS QUESTION:

You're in the middle of a bridge wearing steel toe-cap boots. Gary Neville is on one end of the bridge and Tim Cahill is on the other. As someone has considerately tied up both Neville & Cahill, you plan to go over to each end and kick them in the nuts.

Suddenly the bridge starts to come apart. Sadly, you only have time to run to one end of the bridge before it collapses, thus you're only able to kick ONE of them in the nuts. Who would you choose and why? 

Well as Neville is a C un T pointess kicking him in the nuts as he has no Balls so it would have to be Cahill
"I was only in the game for the love of football-and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool"
                                                                Bill Shankly
Justice for the 96
Redbilly1960

Postby CardinalRed » Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:02 pm

1. We can't be having regrets in hindsight when Danny Agger looks like the real deal.

2. Why not? if they're the best they should get the best money...

3. No, absolute rubbish.

4. Olympic Lyonnaise

5. Ian Dowie

Bonus: Neville, Cahill will b*gger off back down under one day but the Manc' will always be lurking round some corner!!!

:cool:
CardinalRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tommycockles » Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:29 pm

1. Nope- in fact not at all- Agger looks very good and I wouldn't be surprised if Paletta will be just as good. i'd rather have the money in the bank in case we need someone in january!

2.Nope- if they deserved as much as others then they would get it (i.e. Cashley Cole) so to actually state they should earn as much would force a load of pay rises and frankly they get paid enough as it is. People will get paid what they deserve whatever position they play.

3. Nope again!! Until they make them wear a similar strip to the beach volleyball teams i won't be breaking my neck to watch any either!! Maybe they should bring in games similar to when you were at school and played in shirts or skins.That may make it more interesting!

4. I wouldn't say Liverpool were the dark horse as we won it so recently we should be one of the favourites. Maybe Lyon although with GH in charge i think quarter finals is as far as they'll get!!

5. Either Iain Dowie or Stu Pearce- i hope it's not Pearce though as i'd like him to do well in mgt!

Bonus- Definitely Gary 'Chucklebrother' Neville!! Although it may be hard to kick him in his nuts as I heard they're usually padded by Beckhams ar.se!
tommycockles
LFC Super Member

Postby EddieC » Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:11 pm

1. No, Paletta's good enough cover, and Agger's really starting to look like a first team player now.

2. Yes in theory, but a GK or defender's gotta do more to be worth the money, whereas a striker will get paid well just for scoring.

3. Would be if they swapped shirts at the end :D

4. Lyon

5. Southgate, but it could be Martin Jol. Spurs don't have much patience with managers & another few defeats could see him go

Bonus - Neville, Cahill hasn't been around long enopugh yet to do THAT much wrong
EddieC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sat Sep 16, 2006 3:48 am

stmichael wrote:today's questions come courtesy of sem from talklfc.com. i can't be ar$ed thinking today. 

BONUS QUESTION:

1. No. He'll be out injured for 3/4 of the season.

2. Yes, if they merit it.

3. Only to perv on.

4. Us.

5. Hopefully Moris. Likely to be Roader.

Bonus:

Run like merry hell to Neville and kick him a good 'un, then untie boots and lob one at Cahil, splitting his head open like a melon.

WHen the bridge has collapsed, search the rubble, grab the 2 w*nkers, and fashion them so Parrott-nose is making Cahil his donkey-bitch through Tim's gaping wound.

Then take photos and sell them to the papers. :D

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anti-hero » Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:53 am

1. No thank you..

2. I guess so. They play just an equal and important part to the team. A team with a top strikeforce and a formidable midfield, will be nothing if their defence leaks like a sieve.

3. :D  Yes me too. Only to perve on.

4. Olympic Mayyonaise, Valencia and HSV.

5. Eh? The Portuguese whore.. who else?

Bonus:

Neville. Last time I checked, we didnt have a shortage of inbred horses.

Then I would have aimed the boots at Cahill's head.
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Geo » Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:09 am

1. No not at all, a few good games from woody and a few poor ones from our defense- its only a matter of time before everything goes back to normal and woodgate gets injured (scoring an own goal in the process) and our defense goes back to being the best in the prem and keeping clean sheets.

2. Defenders possibly, keepers i dont think so.

3. Nup

4. Lyon and Valencia

5. I think its between mourinho, roeder and southgate.

BONUS Q- Neville for sure, and it wouldnt just be a kick, and then i would run 60yrds to celebrate
Last edited by Geo on Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Geo

Postby el_stinger » Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:51 am

stmichael wrote:today's questions come courtesy of sem from talklfc.com. i can't be ar$ed thinking today. 

BONUS QUESTION:

1. No. Woodgate is injury prone, and only available for a 1 year loan. No option to buy.

2. Yes. Defenders and Keepers have as much to do with the success of the team than mids and stikers alone.

3. Only in Bend it like Feckhim! The indian chick is hot!!

4. Lyon. They look very impressive over the last few seasons, and will definitely be in the final vs. Liverpool this season.

5. If Chelsea do not succeed in the Champs Lg, look for him to quit his post. As far as being sacked, look at Iain Dowie. I also hope Gollum gets the boot!

Bonus:

Before running, i would take me left boot off, and ditch it as hard as I could at Cahill's forehead, and then run over to Neville to sink the slipper! I will rest knowing that both of them will be drowning!
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:08 am

BONUS QUESTION:

1)No way!! Deffo not! Woodgate is a good solid defender but not a very lucky one!! What he has in ability is unfortunately overwhelmed by a steady stream of the worst luck any footballer can have!!For those who know what i mean i wont embelish,for those that dont...check out his history!
Plus he sha.gged Kate Lawler..im surprised he could keep her quiet for long enough talking about herself!Must have put a sock in her mouth or maybe a sore ankle!

2)Why not?? Think about it! Look at our Carra,if Gerrard earns £100k a week how much is he worth?Then again hes pretty special..i dunno every team has a Carra maybe and maybe every supporter loves a player like i love Carra..maybe not,i can only feel what i feel!Big Sami..how can you pay him?After his services for us..what do you pay him?Money..Cars?

No thanks..Players like these only want paid in one way..their currency is called clean sheets!They are defenders..they love defending..as for the money question!  YES they should..ours should anyaway!!

3)NO its shi.te!

4)Im not so sure if they are dark horses but from a sheer footballing point of veiw i fancy LYON!
Houllier has done a great job there and they are a pleasure to watch..all attacking ..its great!

Beating Madrid was a pretty cool thing to do..but its how they done it that was better!They had no fear..and showed little respect to players that have bedded themselves more in club history than the reality of ability and desire!

If we dont win it or get knocked out i will be cheering for Lyon..i admire there attitude..wish it could be bottled!Houllier must have taken it from Liverpool  :D

5)Arsene Wenger!

I would stop the bridge and tie them together by the scrotum then pour salt on them both!

Only joking i wouldnt waste my time on either!!  :D
66-1120597113

Postby lou93 » Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:21 am

1. absolutly not. hes very injury prone an prob score an own goal on his debew like he did with real:D

2.Yeah cos look at carra an hyypia they've been consistent for years an i think they deserve a higher pay check for what they've done. And on other teams they all have savours that dont get as much money as they desrve

3. im a girl, its fun to play. but i dont watch it

4. us an maybe juve:D :D

5. pardew, arsne (if arsenal keep playing the way they are)

Bonus= i would go for cahill first then throw him into neville and shout GOAL!!! :p
lou93

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:58 pm

Viva Friday 5!!
66-1120597113

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion