To the imbeciles: now stop - Being silly.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JohnBull » Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:12 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:I maintained that the problems are rooted in the form of players, not the managerial style/playing personnel.
I am not insulting anyone with a valid, supported arguement
only those who keep banging on about a crisis. (For they ARE imbeciles).

If the form of certain players was just a hiccup in an otherwise good season then that's all it is.
When a player continues to show no form at all but is still picked on a regular basis be it "in" or "out" of position, then the problem is magagerial.
Raffa's skill in Europe is undeniable but, unlike his previous league experience, there are no easy games in the Premiership and Liverpool being who and what they are will always be a valued scalp.
He has set his stall out for a 4-5-1 formation and it's not rocket science to realise the requirements for wing backs/central defenders/midfielders. Too many players that we have at the moment show neither the heart or the lungs for the battle week in week out and that alone makes it a managerial problem.
I've never really understood the argument for the rotation system other than a good excuse for dropping the "out of formers" so that they don't sulk too much. The best players should be well capable of playing two games a week and the reserves should be, as near as possible, a mirror image of the first team. ONE BRICK OUT another one IN.
If we are going to stick with this system there is no other choice than to pick players who are physically and mentally up for it, week in week out. The European side of our game may suffer but at the end of the day the Premiership has to be our main ambition and priority.
This is a managerial problem and no doubt Raffa will succeed but in the meantime every step backwards seems to need three steps to recover and the enevitable consequence will be us messing about in the relegation zone.
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:58 pm

Too many f.uckin losers support this club at the moment. You know who you are. Watch foreign s.*i*e and call it 'guile'. Observe utter domestic :censored: season after season and delude yourselves that there is some bigger picture. We need an English manager who has'nt got his thumb stuck up his :censored:, equipped with a set of nuts and ready to kick f.uck outta anyone who impersonates a q.ueer out on the pitch. A leader who will strive to play 1 touch footy and destroy the  gypsy cannon fodder occupying the bottom 14 places of the PL. A man ready with his troops to jump all over :censored:-weak referees who continually not give us penalties or linesmen who do not flag clear offsides. This rings a bell, Shankly ? the other jock up the M62?  it works.

THE CAT IS AMONGST THE PIGEONS
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:36 pm

subtle as a p.rick, errr, i mean brick, neil.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:52 pm

Somewhat agree with some of the sentiments expressed, but lets be clear over half the squad is not his, e.g. Kewell, Finnan, Hyypia, Carra, Riise, Hamann, Gerrard, Cisse, Traore, Dudek, Pongolle,

Now from that lot you might say all bar three would stay in your team. Rafa's players are Sissoko, Garcia, Alonso, Reina, Zenden and Josemi (last two bought as cover). The first four are certainly much better than the dross GH ever bought. The last two are cover and cost us next to nothing.

There needs to be more passion in the team agreed, but there needs to be more vocal leaders on the pitch, only SG and Carra offer this. The rest of the team are too quiet!

The tempo needs to be upped and we need to take the game to teams, especially at home, but the catch is we need to have pace both front and back to be able to attack and defend (Carra and Sami havent got it and will get exposed).

I see today Rafa was not a happy bunny and held a full training session less than 24 hours after the Craven Cottage defeat, and then forced the players to watch a video - in particular the first half - of the 2-0 loss. The viewing was then followed by a summit with the players.

When I hear the word "summit" this to me spells trouble and I am not convinced all is happy behind the shankly and paisley gates. Particularly when comments like "The performance of the team was bad in terms of the aggressiveness of the players." This is cleary an attack on the players, whether its physcological or not waits to be seen.

More guts, more agression and more comitment especially from shirkers like Kewell. He doesnt deserve to wear that red shirt, let alone the No.7 shirt, its humilating and downright disrespectful to those who have worn it before!

:(
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby louie garthie » Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:57 pm

It hardly makes for good debate, if only the tinted glasses brigade are allowed their say and the members on the forum, who have grave doubts about Rafa's ability to produce the goods in the Premiership,get lambasted and their posts viciously attacked .
   We have a long way to go to catch Wigan :eyebrow
louie garthie

Postby A.B. » Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:06 pm

louie garthie wrote:It hardly makes for good debate, if only the tinted glasses brigade are allowed their say and the members on the forum, who have grave doubts about Rafa's ability to produce the goods in the Premiership,get lambasted and their posts viciously attacked .

Hustler p1ss off. Long way to catch Wigan? They're nine points above us, they've played 10 games and we've played 8. 30 more games for us.

Tit
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby neil » Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:59 pm

andy_g wrote:subtle as a p.rick

you have a subtle pri.ck?  ???
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby masterraj » Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:08 pm

Sometimes Rafas tactics seem strange to me but who am I to question the winner of the champ league.
Give the man a chance it takes years to build a great side (he also dosent have a blank cheque book like another manger).
Who else would people choose to be manger of LFC?
masterraj

Postby Red squirrel » Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:26 pm

Calling for his head after one season is poo!
Lets face it we've not really seen the Rafalution yet. Definately more to come. Wait and see what players come in the January window before writing off the season. If Everton can steal points of Chelsea then theres more hope than imagined. Rafa never said it would be easy and winning the Champions League was no fluke but superb tactics. When he trully learns the Premiership and gets the players that he knows he needs we can start to make people believe again. I know its not very good at the moment but how long was it before Alex Ferguson started winning things.
Benitez is the right man for the job and some fans and the media will have to eat some fat humble pie!
Red squirrel

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:50 am

I believe there are too many glory-hunters on this forum. They have either become LFC "Fans" since the CL win, or since GH won the treble. Similarly, they will feck off quite soon, in light of the current situation. A situation which sees us getting better results now than in corresponding fixtures last season on the whole.
I will support LFC whether we become the dominant force in world football, or become the bottom team in the Conference. True fans have this on their side. We can afford to wait a couple of years for the best manager in Europe to get the mix right. We can accept freak defeats when the team are infact progressing overall. It still hurts. It still depresses us when we lose.
It seems to me that the glory hunters want it all right now - because they'll move on to the next champions soon.

(Quote of FrankM:)" Name the imbeciles if you will. I dont consider myself one and reserve the right to give my opinions on performances that are embarrassing, as at Craven Cottage on Saturday.

Incidentally I have not offered any opinions yet but as I say I reserve the right to."

Don't hold back mate. I'm sure I can take it. I have never said "nothings wrong". I just take exception to the overreactions.

Quote of "Hotrod":

"Totally agree with all the boys that Rafa is the man and calling for his head at this stage is disgusting however i do think the simple problem with us is that we just can t seem to take our chances i mean the blackburn and sunderland games cisse could have easily got a hatrick in nando cud have scored 2 against blackburn 2 and birmingham crouch shud have done better and against fulham we cud have snacthed a point to be fair their goalkeeper had a blinder if we can start really taking most of our chances we will start winning more games beacuse most games we have looked fairly solid at the back but i do think there are certain player who have not be cutting it recently i hate to say Garcia is one of them he is a great player but if played in his propur postion i think rafa is only playin him there due to a lack of right winger wud like to see pongo givina chance there and i think that morintes has really disappointed me i mean this is not a new thing he has not been hittin the back of the net enough for someone of his quailty and teh way we know he can if rafa rates him then i am afraid so do i
great goin boys keep it up"

Great post. Some sense and positiveness at last.

Quote - destro:
"hard matches ? since when did  BIRMINGHAM  AND  FULLHAM become hard teams. its the same old story we held MAN U and SPURS (CHELSEA was a one off ) and we fail to do it against the inferior teams in the league. next prem games are WEST HAM, ASTON VILLA ,PORTSMOUTH, MAN CITY and WIGAN we as champions of europe (as everyone keeps reminding each other on here) should expect maximum points from those games and 2 wins from the games in between PALACE and ANDERLECHT. the time of covering the cracks and offering stupid excuses like they had more rest than us and everyone plays out of their skins against us needs to stop .CHELSEA as english champions face teams trying just as hard if not harder to beat them but they get the results. its now time for the manager and players  deliver what every LFC fan expects"

They ARE hard matches. All top teams will lose to a bottom-half side. It's the nature of the Premiership. We only drew with Brum cos Reina had a stinker.
Surely you cannot be serious when you say "CHELSEA as english champions face teams trying just as hard if not harder to beat them but they get the results."? They have a fooking FAR superior squad, due to their FAR, FAR, FAR superior bank account. Your detracting from your arguement to even mention them.
Regarding the "its now time for the manager and players  deliver what every LFC fan expects" - wake up. We haven't won the title for 15 years, and we've struggled against lower sides for a lot longer than that. Do you really expect an instant turn around, especially now Sh*tski are in the frame?

Regarding Neil's post: The less said the better.

St Mike has highlighted a point which many seem to have forgotten - Half the squad aren't Rafa's choices. Give the bloke a break.

And finally; as far as Hustler is concerned (louie garthiea??) - thankyou for proving my point once again.

Up the 'pool!

:buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock
Last edited by Lando_Griffin on Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Espionage » Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:20 am

Espionage wrote:Its so annoying that after every bad result we have to go through this charade of 2-3 Rafa/Josemi/Traore/Kewell/Zenden/formation/Spanish/Morientes/Crouch/Garcia hating threads and then finally one of our senior members that has a brain posts a thread like this and then everyone shuts up :angry:

Cheers Lando

Maybe this was out of line but if you look at the people that are making the "we are :censored:, we lost to Fulham" threads and the people that actually agree with them, you will find that they are mostly glory hunters with few posts.
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby louie garthie » Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:28 am

A.B. wrote:
louie garthie wrote:It hardly makes for good debate, if only the tinted glasses brigade are allowed their say and the members on the forum, who have grave doubts about Rafa's ability to produce the goods in the Premiership,get lambasted and their posts viciously attacked .

Hustler p1ss off. Long way to catch Wigan? They're nine points above us, they've played 10 games and we've played 8. 30 more games for us.

Tit

Why do you call me hustler.I only pointed out that debate is being restricted by a certain few,very aggressive,members who seem to be unaware of the lack lustre perfomances put in by a many Liverpool players.
     A.B. your insults are commendable but I am honestly not a tit.If you are referring to the lovely little species of bird,then I excuse you because I do enjoy watching them nest build.On the other hand if you are naming me after that sumptuous fleshy bits on the front of the female form,then I protest.Only on certain occassions have I found myself inside the blouse of a woman and I can assure you I do not resemble a tit.
louie garthie

Postby 66-1112520797 » Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:33 am

At the moment we are going through a rough patch , not just the team but the forum aswell . People are arguing and bickering in different threads , because of there different views on problems etc.
The forum has gone pretty grey recently and that coinsides with the team we support, there performances have been pretty dull aswell.
People have the right to voice there concern ,at the same time when you get some pork chop carrying on so ridiculously saying sack Rafa, just ignore the post.
Whether we like it or not Liverpool results will change our moods , so when we win it feels great and there should be a nice buzz around here.
When we lose we feel :censored: .

Thats what its all about so we have to play the game and deal with it.
66-1112520797

Postby Judge » Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:43 am

louie garthie wrote:
A.B. wrote:

Tit

Why do you call me hustler.I only pointed out that debate is being restricted by a certain few,very aggressive,members who seem to be unaware of the lack lustre perfomances put in by a many Liverpool players.
     A.B. your insults are commendable but I am honestly not a tit.If you are referring to the lovely little species of bird,then I excuse you because I do enjoy watching them nest build.On the other hand if you are naming me after that sumptuous fleshy bits on the front of the female form,then I protest.Only on certain occassions have I found myself inside the blouse of a woman and I can assure you I do not resemble a tit.

pmsl louie  :D   :D

AB, eat humble pie  :rasp   :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby darwisigila » Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:07 am

[quote]by a certain few,very aggressive,members who seem to be unaware of the lack lustre perfomances put in by a many Liverpool players.

yeah u right..........
darwisigila

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion