Title - I feel it

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby gaz31 » Mon Jun 23, 2003 12:41 am

I CAN FEEL THE BUZZ OF THE PREMIERSHIP TITLE ITS COMING TO US NEXT SEASON AND WE WILL START BY SLAUGTERING CHELSEA (PAY BACK).
I PREDICT WE WILL ONCE AGAIN BE VICTOROUS ..... :)  :)
When you get the ball, I want you to beat a couple of men and smash the ball into the net, just the same way you used to at Bury," said Shankly. Lindsay replied: "But Boss that wasn't me, it was Bobby Kerr." Shankly turned to Bob Paisley and said: "Christ Bob, we've signed the wrong player."
gaz31
LFC Elite Member

Postby tockycol » Mon Jun 23, 2003 11:57 am

Gaz i pray and pray your right mate i say that were gonna win the league every year  surely one day its gotta happen.
and when that day arives the city of Liverpool will have one hell of mad party get to deal with.
you'll never walk alone
tockycol

Postby jaypap » Mon Jun 23, 2003 3:51 pm

would i love that!!!!!!

tell me lads, what will happen?

who will improve, who will score more goals and how will our tactics change?
jaypap

Postby Poolinc. » Mon Jun 23, 2003 10:59 pm

??? Oh Gaz, what is the source of your optimism? I wish i could find it!! My gut tells me that we have never been worse prepared to launch a credible attack on the Premiership. I know that the dark side have lost Beckham and as a result will score at least 25 goals fewer. Horse Head will miss him the most, but there is the Arsenal (awash with talent), and Chelsea, who only lack consistancy!!
I dread it, I really do. How are we ever going to conquer Europe? How can we look Real and AC and Bayern in the eye, when we put in a season like we did last year?? I could cry when I remember the p#ss-pathetic effort at the Bridge on the last day! We need players who will die for Liverpool fc. Maybe Houllier should rotate the squad through the kop on match days so that they can see at first hand the passion, the love, the loyalty and maybe some of them will understand what it means to wear the liverbird on their chests. I'm not talking about Stevie, or wee Michael. Ye all know who I'm talking about. And if we cant find those with Red, red blood pumping through every fibre of their existance, then lets break the bank. We are still Liverpool, we can still attract the best in the world. It's not that long ago that we were held in the same awe as Real are today! We have got to get it back. "It" being, the respect of the footballing world.
Title next year??? Do you really really think so Gaz?
Poolinc.

Postby gaz31 » Tue Jun 24, 2003 12:54 am

oh yes boys n girls i feel it more every day now,
i have got red red blood running thickly through my veins and i can understand all your inhibitions about next season but i really do think the boys are going to play 1000% better this coming season.
LAST SEASON WE THREW IT AWAY AND WE CAME SO CLOSE TO CHAMPIONS LEAGUE SPOT AND WE HAD MORE POINTS THAN WE EXPECTED AT THE END OF THE SEASON BUT ITS TRUE WE WERE NOT GOOD ENOUGH BUT THIS SEASON WE WILL PROVE OUR WORTH AND WE WILL LOOK AT LAST SEASON AS TRAINING .
LETS OPEN THEM GOLDEN GATES AGAIN AND MAKE ANFIELD THE FORTRESS IT WAS A LONG TIME AGO LATS HAVE IT ALL WE DESERVE IT.........................................................
When you get the ball, I want you to beat a couple of men and smash the ball into the net, just the same way you used to at Bury," said Shankly. Lindsay replied: "But Boss that wasn't me, it was Bobby Kerr." Shankly turned to Bob Paisley and said: "Christ Bob, we've signed the wrong player."
gaz31
LFC Elite Member

Postby jaypap » Tue Jun 24, 2003 4:09 pm

poolinc and gaz
u lads are tearing me apart
u are both so right its unbareable!
yes we are ordinary and yes we can do better...
im glad the mancs have lost becks and look like they will lose veron...i hope so....
arsenal are still suspect in defence and in goals...the top 2 have lost ground and that is great 4 us...we may make up ground by our young players improving and if they gel better, so gaz i can see what u are saying...that may bring us the title next year even though many of us discount newcastle and chelsea...believe me they will be strong too next season...lets hope zola and shearer fade away as their age suggests they should and that kind of talent is very hard to replace...but both chelsea and newcastle will be very strong, committed and consistent...
our greatest advantage is the improvement left in our side....we have the most potential but will it be this season is the million dollar question...?

will gh change his tactics?
will we be so reliant on owen to score?
will we drop important points to the lower sides?

i feel that poolinc still needs these questions answered gaz and surely enough, so do i old chum!
jaypap

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue Jun 24, 2003 4:13 pm

i think we can be optimistic about the new season,if we bring in quality players,at the moment we are in that horrible limbo of waiting expectantly for the sunday papers and the news flash that we crave the one that tells us we have signed a superstar...or the most sought after player in the league anyway.Another player i think would be great for us is Carew from valencia,he is constantly linked with a move away and after them missing out on the champions league they may sell some of there bigger players in a clearout,he did have that injury worry a couple of seasons ago..but he seems to be still going strong and would be an ideal partner for owen if cisse won't be sold.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jaypap » Tue Jun 24, 2003 4:22 pm

interesting point ace
but with carew, we will definetely need better wingers as his main strength is in the air...
jaypap

Postby sangy » Tue Jun 24, 2003 6:39 pm

Well i hope this feelings tru cuz we hav alot of work to do to win the title!!!! And we will prove how much work we done wit our first game against chelsea pay bk time!! And watch out manure we're gonna slaughter u 2 even ur ruud van horseface wont b able to save ya!!!  :D  :p
sangy
LFC Super Member

Postby gaz31 » Tue Jun 24, 2003 10:50 pm

OK JAY LETS DO IT,
YES GH WILL CHANGE HIS TACTICS I RECON HE WILL PLAY A MORE ATTACK MINDED GAME THIS SEASON BECAUSE IF HE DON'T HE'LL BE GONE.
I ALSO THINK MILAN BAROS WILL PLAY A FULL SEASON AND HESKEY WILL BE SOLD OR USED AS AN ATTACKING MF OR SUB.
THE LEAGUE THESE DAYS IS HARDER THAN BEFORE THERE IS'NT THE GREAT VOID BETWEEN CLUBS THESE DAYS EVEN THE LOWER CLUBS CAN PULL OFF SHOCK RESULTS, THE TEAMS THAT HAVE BEEN PROMOTED THIS SEASON ARE VERY GOOD N STRONGER THAN SOME THAT STAYED UP SO I THINK THERE WILL BE SOME SHOCKS ALONG THE WAY BUT WE HAVE TO APPRECIATE THAT EVEN NOW WHEN WE ARE NOT AT OUR BEST TEAMS COME TO ANFIELD AND WANT TO WIN COS ITS A BIG DAY FOR THEM COS THEY STILL HAVE ALOT OF RESPECT FOR US .
MAYBE THIS YEAR WE CAN IMPROVE BY HAVING 2 QUALITY FORWARDS PLAYING AND GETTING TO KNOW EACH OTHERS  GAME PLANS , I DO HOPE WE CAN STILL GET CISSE THIS SUMMER BUT EVEN IF WE DON'T WE'VE GOT MILAN BAROS .... :)  :)
gaz31
LFC Elite Member

Postby supersub » Tue Jun 24, 2003 10:54 pm

Thats the way.I want Houllier to tell the players that we will go out  and attack the opposition with all guns blazing.I don't want to hear he has another 5 year plan.He's like a dietician when he talks.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby jaypap » Wed Jun 25, 2003 1:32 am

gaz and ss
im proud of u both
u 2 should be managing our great club!

BUT, the day that gh changes to an attacking game is the day i give u my shirt too...
now u will have my shirt and my hat!
jaypap

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed Jun 25, 2003 1:32 pm

I'm with gaz on this one i'm confident gh knows that if things don't change drastivally he may go. I think he knows Heskey won't come good and he will sell him if he can,he's definetely looking at a star striker so thats a good point,if we can get Stevie G and Jar in more advanced positions this season regardless of who we bring in we'll improve massively. Also Baros looks the real deal he deserves an opputunity if we can't get another player he always looks a threat and can score goals at any level as he's proving with his national side. I am quietly confident and thats before seeing who we sign,and make no mistake we will sign a big player,Parry said it so he must be givin GH the money and he must be confident in our chances of landing a big player to make a statement like that to the fans.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SunJihai » Wed Jun 25, 2003 2:26 pm

owen is a pig!
fack him!!!
SunJihai

Postby sangy » Wed Jun 25, 2003 9:03 pm

u wot?? how is owen a pig??? :angry:  :angry:
sangy
LFC Super Member

Next