Time to shut up or go away - Fair weather fans

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby banana » Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:03 pm

I am really amazed by some supporters attitude towards the team and management. Honestly, I have serious trouble taking these "supporters" seriously. Did you honestly think any manager could win the league with a squad full of Diao's and Biscan's? Take a pause, breathe and think before you raise your voices.

Last year I was very negative towards the team and management. I felt 6 years without noticable improvement was enough. 6 years is a long time without the league throphy, especially if you are LFC. Some say we are quickly approaching mediocricity. Wake up! It has been 15 years of failures, and this season is no better or worse than the average over these years.

Fact is. This season we have played the best football i have seen us play for a long long time. Our home game vs Monaco was beautiful. Then we played Charlton off the park. That was our last game at full strenght. Since then we have been without the likes of Cisse, Baros, Alonso, Garcia, Gerrard, Finnan, Josemi. From from the starting 11 vs Monaco only 6 players are fit to play next game at Watford. Benitez has lost 50% of his outfield players. That is the status. All supporters must take this into account when speaking about the team and its performance. I guess some of the negativity comes from our joy and pride from seeing beautiful football again, and wanting more. Now let us support the lads and accept the fact that Benitez need time to mould the team and accept the fact that we are without our creative mastermind and our target man. I think Cisse and Alonso were the 2 most difficult players to control for the opposition. Alonso because of his brains and technical and tactical skills. Cisse because of his strenght and pace. If we can get our players back at full fitness, work a bit more on the tactics then I am sure we will see more good games.

If we can have a little patience now it would be fine. Key to our future success is finishing 4th in the league. We have to finish top 4, we just have to. If we can do that, get back our injured stars, get rid off Diao, Diouf, Le Tallec, Medjani, Biscan, Vignal, Smicer, Cheyrou, Diouf, Henchoz, Kirkland, Kewell, Mellor and Diarra. I am sure there will be money available for 3-4 quality signings next summer. Then we will be ready for the title shot next year.

Potential first 11:

Dudek

XXX           Carra                       XXX                Riise

XXX           Alonso                     Gerrard            XXX

Baros                  Cisse/Morientes

squad players: Garcia, Hyypia, Pellegrino, Nunez, Traore, Warnock, Hamann, Sinama, Kewell (if able to concentrate on his football), Carson, Finnan, Whitbread, Smicer (if able to regain fitness) All these are good professionals able to come in and do a good job if needed.

The XXX's is the places where we need new signings. Mark my words: we will fight for the title next year. Just support the team and show a little patience and respect.

So Sh@t up and support the team, or go away.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby Stan Laurel » Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:05 pm

Well said, Banana. Agree 100% with you.
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redman25 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:15 pm

could not put that better myself.  Some of the stuff which has been posted on here is bang out of line.
redman25

Postby welsh wizzard » Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:25 pm

your still an idiot!
welsh wizzard
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:27 pm

why do you spell shut with an @? oh and by the way were does finnan fit in with your plans for the future?
Last edited by Fowler_E7 on Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby welsh wizzard » Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:32 pm

some of it makes sense but gerrard you can take out of it he will be gone come the summer,that is becoming obvious.dudek i would replace,rafa will rebuild his own team around carra alonso and morientes.it will be sad to see gerrard go but it could be for the better i believe in a way it could make the team stronger.
welsh wizzard
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:33 pm

It is about time people stopped sl3ggin off Rafa and the team, yeah ok posting your view but some people step over the line :(
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:33 pm

Fowler_E7 wrote:why do you spell shut with an @? oh and by the way were does finnan fit in with your plans for the future?

Thought shut was banned... and sh@t souds ok,, not?

Finnan is a squad player for me.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby redman25 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:37 pm

welsh wizzard wrote:some of it makes sense but gerrard you can take out of it he will be gone come the summer,that is becoming obvious.dudek i would replace,rafa will rebuild his own team around carra alonso and morientes.it will be sad to see gerrard go but it could be for the better i believe in a way it could make the team stronger.

i will believe it when i see it.  Your the same guy who said anelka and fowler were coming in Jan.   ???
redman25

Postby 109-1105722616 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:10 pm

gerrard is defo gone, i wouldnt be too bothered anyway if we get 37m for him he can go tommorrow for that, we can help build the squad with the money

im preparing myself for a potential upset tommorrow cos we have been awful lately, cant put up with this sh1t no more
109-1105722616

Postby mistyred » Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:20 pm

This is a stupid post, Check forum rules and tell me where it says you can't
sl@g of anybody that's not pulling weight cos i haven't read them atall yet :D .
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:38 pm

banana wrote:I am really amazed by some supporters attitude towards the team and management. Honestly, I have serious trouble taking these "supporters" seriously. Did you honestly think any manager could win the league with a squad full of Diao's and Biscan's? Take a pause, breathe and think before you raise your voices.

Last year I was very negative towards the team and management. I felt 6 years without noticable improvement was enough. 6 years is a long time without the league throphy, especially if you are LFC. Some say we are quickly approaching mediocricity. Wake up! It has been 15 years of failures, and this season is no better or worse than the average over these years.

Fact is. This season we have played the best football i have seen us play for a long long time. Our home game vs Monaco was beautiful. Then we played Charlton off the park. That was our last game at full strenght. Since then we have been without the likes of Cisse, Baros, Alonso, Garcia, Gerrard, Finnan, Josemi. From from the starting 11 vs Monaco only 6 players are fit to play next game at Watford. Benitez has lost 50% of his outfield players. That is the status. All supporters must take this into account when speaking about the team and its performance. I guess some of the negativity comes from our joy and pride from seeing beautiful football again, and wanting more. Now let us support the lads and accept the fact that Benitez need time to mould the team and accept the fact that we are without our creative mastermind and our target man. I think Cisse and Alonso were the 2 most difficult players to control for the opposition. Alonso because of his brains and technical and tactical skills. Cisse because of his strenght and pace. If we can get our players back at full fitness, work a bit more on the tactics then I am sure we will see more good games.

If we can have a little patience now it would be fine. Key to our future success is finishing 4th in the league. We have to finish top 4, we just have to. If we can do that, get back our injured stars, get rid off Diao, Diouf, Le Tallec, Medjani, Biscan, Vignal, Smicer, Cheyrou, Diouf, Henchoz, Kirkland, Kewell, Mellor and Diarra. I am sure there will be money available for 3-4 quality signings next summer. Then we will be ready for the title shot next year.

Potential first 11:

Dudek

squad players: Garcia, Hyypia, Pellegrino, Nunez, Traore, Warnock, Hamann, Sinama, Kewell (if able to concentrate on his football), Carson, Finnan, Whitbread, Smicer (if able to regain fitness) All these are good professionals able to come in and do a good job if needed.

The XXX's is the places where we need new signings. Mark my words: we will fight for the title next year. Just support the team and show a little patience and respect.

Banana: your post is not credible as you are the person who came on here and completely slated the team and manager during the Olympiakos game 6 weeks ago.

He who hath no sin cast the first stone and all that.  :D
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:42 pm

JBG I guess Banana here got some optimism in his system.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby zarababe » Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:44 pm

John Barnes' Granny wrote:
banana wrote:I am really amazed by some supporters attitude towards the team and management. Honestly, I have serious trouble taking these "supporters" seriously. Did you honestly think any manager could win the league with a squad full of Diao's and Biscan's? Take a pause, breathe and think before you raise your voices.

Potential first 11:

Dudek

Banana: your post is not credible as you are the person who came on here and completely slated the team and manager during the Olympiakos game 6 weeks ago.

He who hath no sin cast the first stone and all that.  :D

.. may be he's converted JBG  :D

.... nice post Banana..
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:50 pm

banana wrote:get rid of Diao, Diouf, Le Tallec, Medjani, Biscan, Vignal, Smicer, Cheyrou, Diouf, Henchoz, Kirkland, Kewell, Mellor and Diarra. I am sure there will be money available for 3-4 quality signings next summer.

your post was actually quite credible until you got to this quote here.

this isn't champ manager you know :laugh:  :D  :laugh:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion