Time to bin kewell? - Our faith has'nt been repaid!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby spiralstairs00 » Sun Oct 10, 2004 12:04 pm

I remember Kewell signing, the hope that Houllier had finally purchased a player of world class talent. Time & time again I'd seen him light up the field for Leeds & prayed we'd get him. Then we did! What happened where is the Leeds Kewell. Like Madrid last week, I'm begining to think Leeds opened the champers when we signed Harry for a little £2.5 million. A steal, but for who? I've watched with building sadness at the fact that Kewell is either out of his depth at Liverpool or just not bothered playing anymore.
spiralstairs00

Postby Redrunner » Sun Oct 10, 2004 12:23 pm

The phrase that springs to mind is enough is enough is enough!
Redrunner

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Sun Oct 10, 2004 3:48 pm

at 25, if we know he has talent and is capable, why throw him away
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun Oct 10, 2004 4:32 pm

when we bought him, he was great. Once he got injured, he never really recovered.......
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby spud » Sun Oct 10, 2004 5:15 pm

HK has always been inconsistent.

But, he didn't cost us too much (although I accept his salary is high).  I think we have weaker players that should go before HK.  Once the squads strengthens then he will come under more pressure.
spud

Postby stmichael » Sun Oct 10, 2004 5:17 pm

The_Rock wrote:when we bought him, he was great. Once he got injured, he never really recovered.......

that's kewell's own fault. he should have had an operation in the summer instead of swanning off on holiday. steven gerrard sacrificed playing in a WORLD CUP to get himself fit and look how that has benefited him since. :oops:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 72-1090627431 » Sun Oct 10, 2004 10:20 pm

He's just a bottle boy, he bottles it in the big games against Man Utd etc, even against City on the first home game.

Never mind what Kewell has said recently, all this rubbish about We havent seen the best of him yet. They are only words. Theres a big difference between saying and doing.

I think he is a bottler, and we need somene with more steel.

Im not worried though, if his form doesnt improve im confident Rafa will "sort it"
72-1090627431

Postby who the hell is diarra » Sun Oct 10, 2004 10:35 pm

I think that he's what's known in cricket as a 'flat track bully' someone who looks good up against limited opposition and in favourable circumstances. He'll look great when 3-0 up against West Brom but not have the stomach to pull things rould when 1-0 down away to Manure or Arsenal :angry:
Always Look on the bright side of life
der der ........der der der der der

Drummerphil You'll never walk alone
who the hell is diarra
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:46 am

I agree, I was really excited when we bought Kewell but I can't think of one game where he has been amazing only average or disapointing  :(
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:54 am

the injury does have a lot to do with it tho. i think that now we have the young lad playing left wing kewel knows he has to sort out his playing as well and im hoping to see good things from him this season
he can learn from the othe midfielders about the bulldog spirit and then he just needs his confidence, i think he'll be ok
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:41 am

Yeah but he has had this injury for ages, why doesn't he say "hmmm this injury is making me play sh1t3, I think I'll get it operated on" but no he goes away on his holidays and finalises million pound endorsements :angry:

He needs get his priorities right and put the club before himself for once or the fans are going to start really getting on his back!!!!
Last edited by Paul C on Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:53 am

Kewell was never consistent for Leeds.  Since his debut for Australia in 1996 I've watched his career with keen interest and, admittadly he played better for Leeds, he wasn't a Steven Gerrard style game-in-game-out brilliance type player.  He had plenty of off days but he was always capable of setting fire to an opposition defence with one outstanding run, or leave a goalkeeper looking spectacularly hopeless with an absolutely unstoppable shot for thirty-yards.  It was his game-winning ability which made him look good, but he has never played brilliantly for a whole game... ever.  He needs to find those unstoppable runs or matchwinning pass or cross more often.  But even when he played so well at the start of last season he didnt play for the whole match.  he never has and he never will, and you cant just say 'Rafa will sort it' as much as i admire him and his abilities and what he has done (there are few better CV's in the world IMHO) but he's not a wizard he can completely alter someone, even given fifty seasons because a person is who they are and noone can ever change that.  You're trying to make generalisations about players but players arent pieces of meat, they are people and people have hopes and fears, strengths and weaknesses and those are things that are up to that person to change or allow to blossom.  No one can change it for them.  If Kewell wants to be the player he looked like becoming when he was 20 then its up to him, and as much as i'd rather it be the other way, its not up to Rafa.
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby Paul C » Mon Oct 11, 2004 12:07 pm

Great post Starbridge!!!!

I agree with everything and that the problem with Kewell is that he hasn't played any better than 'average', ok he scored a few goals last season but he needs to sort himself out, I think that Beni should drop him for Warnock and hopefully that will wake him up and he will respond like MO did when he used to come off the bench.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion