Time for change - Bring in keegan

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kevin_keegan4manager » Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:32 pm

IT is time for change at liverpool and time for a new boss a boss who will bring back the attacking football we all loved as pool fans not the cr#p we have to watch week in week out...i know we mighten get the man who i believe will bring back the title to anfield now..but i believe we could draw him to the club at the end of the season ,,so let thompson take control untill then,,but it is my oppion kevin keegan will bring back to liverpool the attacking football we all wish to see us play again....he is a x liverpool great and knows the clubs history and i believe he would take the job no problem...

dose anyone out there agree with my choice of manager and if not who would thet choose..........

thumbs up fo keegan[B]
kevin_keegan4manager

Postby ynwa » Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:34 pm

no to keegan he is a t#s#er
walk on walk on with hope in your heart
rafalution
18/5
god is back
ynwa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JohnBull » Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:38 pm

He was the first player to walk away from Liverpool because HE wanted to.
It was a great deal for us though - Kenny Dalgliesh AND £60 grand on top.
The look on KKs face in the following Super Cup against the krauts was worth a million!
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:42 pm

It's an interesting callbut I don't think Liverpool will go for Keegan.I certainly don't believe ynwa wants to see KK back at Anfield,though I'm sure King Kevin would've attempted to bring a bit of free flowing flair back to the arena.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby ynwa » Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:43 pm

any more better then martion o'neil keegan
rafalution
18/5
god is back
ynwa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kevin_keegan4manager » Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:44 pm

then if not keegan who..call ur choice
kevin_keegan4manager

Postby kevin_keegan4manager » Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:46 pm

o'neill i don't think he has it....i just can't see him taking over the pool...i think he is being lined up for utd in 2 years time
kevin_keegan4manager

Postby 82-1074641017 » Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:47 pm

No way Keegan has never won a major honour as a manager, he will only keep us stable he wont be winning Championship Titles and European Cups which is what we will always aim for.

Roberts
82-1074641017

Postby ynwa » Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:51 pm

give o'neil the job. would u give charlton's manger a go
rafalution
18/5
god is back
ynwa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:52 pm

Yesterday somebody mentioned Steve McLaren;and I thought thats not a bad choice.It seems today the bookies have McLaren as favourite to takeover at Chelsea.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby ynwa » Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:00 pm

what about john tosak
rafalution
18/5
god is back
ynwa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby columbia » Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:54 pm

keegans cr#p, all attack and no defence. Which fair enough, when your 7 - 0 up is great but what about when your 7 - 0 down which is just as likely. He's a cr#p manager because the way he builds his teams there bound to be inconsistent because its either win by loads or get hammered by loads. His teams cant scrap wins when they underperform.
columbia

Postby THEBARON » Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:56 pm

I think it is the wrong time to appoint Toshack now - looking back he should have become boss when Dalglish resigned. He does have extensive european experience but his actual record is mixed.
Keegan would almost certainly have us playing better football but again look at his record - what has he won at the top level? Plus his period in charge of England showed his tactical shortcomings; at Euro 2000 we led in all 3  games but ended up losing twice. Then there was playing Denis Wise !
Mclaren's name gets linked with several clubs but his Man Utd past would put him at a disadvantage.
Curbishley has recently hinted that he could leave Charlton and has done well in recent years at a small club with different expectations to ourselves. Could he cope with the pressures of a big club? Having the opportunity to manage a big club could prove to the making of him.
I've heard Dalglish's name mentioned in a couple of pubs but I think that was the beer talking. You should never go back - just ask Howard Kendal.If only Kenny hadn't left us when he did.
Then there's Phil Thompson - too closely tied in with Houllier, his tactics , his philosophies in my opinion. As full time manager ( rather than as caretaker ) he would be out of his depth.
And then there is the bloke from Celtic park.It is true that the standard of scottish football is poor and there is no opposition save for Rangers but that doesn't always guarantee success - just look at how Barnes and Dalglish faired. You still have to rise to the challenge and go out and deliver.Yes they haven't done too well in the Champions League but neither did us last time out. Incidentally who was the manager of the last team to knock us out of Europe ?
I know there are many pros and cons for O'Neill but I think that he deserves the chance. He has done well at his other clubs as manager  and seems to be able to motivate and get the best out of players. Souness once had a go at Houllier about his lack of playing football at the top level and how he could relate to the players. This wouldn't apply to MON  with the big games he played at Forest under Clough.
If we can persuade him to come then he could well be the man.
THEBARON

Postby Dalglish » Tue Feb 24, 2004 1:04 am

i'm personallly hoping they go for Curbishley. I know thats not going to be the most obvious choice but i believe he has the ability to step up to a big club and with his tactical abilities, respect he obviously enjoys from his players and an eye for a good player I believe its time we dispensed with the Martin Oneil saga and went for AC :D My outside tip though is Ranieri ......Watch this sapce :P

McClaren at Liverpool with his past affiliation to MANURE would not be a good move !!!!!!
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Supermarius » Tue Feb 24, 2004 2:28 am

I agree with THE BARON! well said that man! If not Oneill then ...Curbishley  at least he has the respect of his players!
Q: You're trapped in a room with a tiger, a rattlesnake, and a Manchester United Fan. You have a gun with two bullets. What should you do?

A: Shoot the United Fan. Twice.
Supermarius

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion