Tickets for FA Cup Semi-Final? - What are my chances?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby jonnymac1979 » Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:19 am

Scottbot wrote:Maybe it would be worth sticking a tickets wanted/tickets for sale (face value) section mods? That's what they do on RAWK + it would save people coming on to the main discussion thread asking for tickets and the rows that almost always come staright after.

Good idea in thery definitely, but I don't think it would work for a couple of reasons.

Firstly, if RAWK already has this, let them go on RAWK and peddle their tickets, see how far they get.

Secondly, I don't think that many of the members on this board actually go to the match regularly.  Not criticising, just telling it how I see it.  I myself have only been to about eight or nine home games this season, so I'm not one to talk.  We're not all season ticket holders on here.

Thirdly, this only happens when we have a big game.  Four or five times a year this will happen on average, maybe more now because we are a team who regulalrly reaches the latter stages of competitions with a chance to win them.

And lastly I'd rather just have a no touting policy on here, which seems to be the most popular way forward having read this thread, plus it's more work for us having to weed them out and delete their posts or ban them.

It's easier to just say to them that they will be wasting their time trying to tout tickets than try and moderate a forum like that.  I'm going to revise the forum rules shortly anyway because they need doing and since the last time they were made, other issues have come to light as the forum has grown.

Besides, there are a few good natured people on here anyway who I'm sure you will be able to get face value tickets off if they had spares.  That's if you know where to look.
jonnymac1979

Postby taff » Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:47 am

I sort of "transferred" my season ticket many years ago when I went travelling and then moved back to wales.  Over ten years on I am still top mates with the fella I had the arrangement with.  No charging or ripping off mates for a quick buck.  Anytime Im in Liverpool I get a meal and a place to stay for free and a few pints.

Favour returned for him and his mates in Cardiff

Enjoy a quick £50 and I know touts etc have no sympathy or sentiment, but the rest of us will enjoy lifelong friendships
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby violatio » Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:58 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:
violatio wrote:I'm from Singapore, half the globe away from Liverpool. I've been trying so darn hard to get just ONE ticket for the Aston Villa game as I'll be in Liverpool on 28th and 29th.

I've been a Reds fan since I was so young. And it is indeed disheartening to know that I've probably been deprived of that once-in-a-lifetime chance cos of those scums who thinks nothing more than $$.

BTW, I haven't got my ticket yet and I'm still (desperately) trying to find one, without burning a hole in my pocket. The ticket price alone is considered a hefty amount converted to my home currency.

If £32 is a lot of money to you then how the funk can you affore flights over ?

Of course, 32 pounds isn't a lot compared to the air tickets. But considering the number of years of dreaming and saving to one day hope I can catch a game...

And that's my point precisely, touts aren't selling at 32 or even 50 for that matter... they are looking at more than 100. Now, that is a sizeable amount.
violatio

Postby RAGE UK » Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:30 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:
RAGE UK wrote:Yes i agree .
spot on jonny and woollyback.

What about me  :down:

ok and you to
LIVERPOOL FC    ….> NOW THAT’S ENTERTAINMENT <…
RAGE UK

Postby Dalglish » Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:28 am

I have a ticket available for the Semi Final ......ONE careful owner :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion