Tickets for FA Cup Semi-Final? - What are my chances?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The Ace1983 » Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:57 pm

that should be "you're a feckin' idiot :angry: " :D
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RAFABENITEZ » Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:15 pm

Rafa-Dodd wrote: Loyal fans deserve to go the game, you haven't even got a fan card , thats pathetic.

Rrrright, so I've been going since I was 8, travelling 130 miles or whatever, and seen about 250 games live, walked 4 miles home at 3am in the :censored: down rain sometimes on night matches, but I have no fan card. So this means i aint a loyal fan?  :laugh:
RAFABENITEZ
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:24 pm

This thread has opened me eyes to actually how many people go to the match. Interesting

AND RAFABENITEZ your argument is fundamentally flawed as you need a fancard to buy a ticket..
Last edited by Rafa D on Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RAFABENITEZ » Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:32 pm

Rafa-Dodd wrote:This thread has opened me eyes to actually how many people go to the match. Interesting

AND RAFABENITEZ your argument is fundamentally flawed as you need a fancard to buy a ticket..

what? as in buy a ticket for any game?

If thats the case, fuck me I must be invisible or something cos I swear I was at the match today, without the need of a fancard  :laugh:
RAFABENITEZ
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:36 pm

From a tout? The tickets are now sold via a fancard and your name on the bottom arent they from the club?
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RAFABENITEZ » Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:38 pm

Rafa-Dodd wrote:From a tout? The tickets are now sold via a fancard and your name on the bottom arent they from the club?

Nah, Supporters club.  :rasp
RAFABENITEZ
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:53 pm

Well Done LOL, but you seem to have made this thread a me v you when its not , but well done.
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RAFABENITEZ » Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:57 pm

Rafa-Dodd wrote:Well Done LOL, but you seem to have made this thread a me v you when its not , but well done.

nah mate it isnt me v you, forget it  :;):
RAFABENITEZ
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kunilson » Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:14 pm

weird thread...id love to go see the Liverpool vs Chelsea game, but as ive said before i haven't even been to a Liverpool game and i live in London, pathetic i know....i wouldn't want to get a ticket over a loyal fan who works his :censored: off to get money for tickets only to be denied it because he hasn't been to enough "important" matches, and he has a fancard, season e-ticket, liverpool credit card, mastercard, library card and loyalty card.......wait a minute i would, but id feel bad about it no doubt :cool:
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby Woollyback » Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:21 pm

it's all about who makes the effort to get themselves tickets. surely the fancard system gives priority to the regular match-goers when it comes to the "glamour" ties?
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby H_K_LFC » Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:10 am

Its not just becuse it's chelsea,its because i am free and can get down to Old Trafford to watch it and it's a Semi-final.Didn't realise i'd start this big argument with ma question :p
H_K_LFC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:22 am

You simply can't equate obtaining a ticket for a so called "Big" game in this case the FA Cup Semi Final without looking at the bigger picture. Fans who choose to attend the so called "lesser" ties in previous rounds should be given priority over people who feel like popping out to watch LFC cos they have the time ???

LFC have had this Fan Card system now for several seasons and on the whole it works well and although not totally fair it's the best system for rewarding loyalty in my opinion. With a large allocation (29,00 Tickets) LFC are given a  guarantee that any fan who attended at least ONE FA Cup tie this season will get a ticket. That says to me that LESS than 29,000 different LFC Fans have attended the 4 Fa Cup ties. I've been to three of the four ties but I don't expect to be able to buy three Semi Final tickets.

Consideration should be given to fans who travel from overseas and LFC generally try to accommadate those who are visiting for the first time from foreign shores but you can't bearte the club for wanting to satisfy the demand from their most ardent and regular following..........

Seems to me that everyone and their dog wants to go to this tie and it also is apparent to me that I didn't see much demand last season when we drew Burnley away on a freezing january night ???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RAGE UK » Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:11 am

H_K_LFC wrote:Its not just becuse it's chelsea,its because i am free and can get down to Old Trafford to watch it and it's a Semi-final.Didn't realise i'd start this big argument with ma question :p

You did not start an argument mate it’s the total t.wa.ts on this site that cannot just say no m8 I don’t think you will get a ticket.
And as I have said before just because a supporter dose not come from Liverpool dose not make you a better and bigger supporter then he or she ok.
My advice would be to turn up on the day take extra cash with you and you never know mate ok.
I’ve done just that 100s of times and have watched the match as happy as (real Liverpool supporter) before getting the train or driving home.
And good luck trying mate.
ps I just had a thought because I have to travel from Watford to Liverpool to see the home matches dose that make me a better supporter then the ones that just travel a mile or two ?
Or not because I don’t live there?
LIVERPOOL FC    ….> NOW THAT’S ENTERTAINMENT <…
RAGE UK

Postby red_guy » Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:33 am

Well, if i live in Liverpool of course i would have force myself to get a fancard or whatever..everything . But since i'm somewhere in asia and i dont have the luxury of going to Europe, the only thing i could do is watch  liverpool play week in week out, prime time or odd hours on tv....the least i could do as a supporter.

anyway, H_K_LFC ..Good Luck!
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:36 am

The old OOTer argument never fails to get 'em going eh? In fairness to Mr Dodd, though I disagree with his views he is correct in saying that he didn't resort to name-calling so therefore probably doesn't deserve some of the abuse he copped. That said, to say to a fella who asks whether he has any chance of getting a ticket, No and whatsmore I hope you don't get one either seems a little silly to me.
While I think it's reasonable, correct and laudible for the club to operate a priortity system for loyal and local fans, there are other ways of getting tickets to any oversubscribed event, be it of a sporting nature or the theatre or whatever. I talk of course of the tout, and before anybody jumps on their high horse about touts being the scum of the Earth (which they ususally are in my experience anyway) and of them denying "real" fans access to tickets, it is in my opinion the legitimate method of the occasional and less worthy supporter of obtaining a ticket. It's the price you pay, don't go regularly and you'll have to cough up three or four times the face value at least, to get in.
To those local and regular matchgoers who believe that this practice denies them access to maybe 500 or so extra tickets I would point out that in the majority of cases these tickets wouldn't be on general sale anyway (ie they come from the players and staff) and would also ask what other method somebody not from the local area is supposed to use.
Failing that, I suggest those who aren't from Liverpool are simply not allowed in and we operate a kind of accent apartate. As a concession, could us non-scousers possibly request that we are allowed to attend reserve or Youth Cup games instead? Maybe that's the problem, we simply don't know our place.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion