This sucks - Lets not kid ourselves

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The_Rock » Sun Mar 07, 2004 9:30 am

Arsenal Beats Pompey 5-1. Thats rite. The team which we couldn't beat in 3 meeting (lost 2 of them), gets whipped by Arsenal. Lets not kid ourselves  by thinking that buying Cisse will win us the league next season. (i have seen him play at a match and does not really look that impressive. Not really a natural goal scorer).

Arsenal & Chelsea are getting stronger. Even Villa & Spurs have improved (what a awsome strikeforce spurs have - Kanote, Keane & Defoe). But liverpool just keeps going through the motion. No major improvements.

I know ppl, here wants to give GH until the end of the season. But what is that going to solve ? Even if we finish 4th (which looks harder and harder to achieve), I do not think that we will  set the league on fire next season with GH in charge.

Proof - We were s##t against pomey in the FA Cup (at anfield). And GH says that we played well but did not put the ball in the net....WTF. Playing well means dominating the match and from what i saw, Pompey outplayed us in the 2nd half. GH is really lowering the fans expectation of liverpool.

GH, pls do the majority of us a favour and quit. Let Kenny Daglish take over. He may have been out of the game for long, but he will surely command the respect of the players (unlike now, where players like murphy just don't give a damn). Once they have the respect, the results will be shown in the pitch.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Sun Mar 07, 2004 10:40 am

We didnt kick a ball yesterday and we have dropped further down the league!!...we now have a 3 way fight on our hands to claim that 4th spot..GH will have to pull some rabbits out of the hat to secure our champs league place quite frankly its looking more unlikley? I know we are enjoying a decent run in the uefa cup, but i cant honestly see us progressing much further in this competition once we encounter some decent opposition?..i personley i would  prefer that we concentrated on our league position and if given the choice i would take going out of the euefa cup in order to claim 4th spot. ???
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Sun Mar 07, 2004 11:38 am

Yesterdays Pompey/Arsenal result certainly shows the gulf between us and Arsenal.Pompey tried the same gameplan as the tie with us and were duly brushed aside by a team who relish attack.It's the fear of commiting players to the attack that has been our downfall,not just this season,but the last as well.GH's obsession for keeping a clean sheet has been the bane of my life and the prospect of that attitude changing seems a distant wish.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby stmichael » Sun Mar 07, 2004 6:25 pm

arsenal are simply awesome. going forward their passing and movement is just frightening. the fact we couldn't even beat pompey at home proves how far we are behind arsenal. as for henry, if he's not the worlds best player then i'm the pope.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Mon Mar 08, 2004 9:41 am

Hello pope!! :D  zidane is the worlds best player ???
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shilton_red » Mon Mar 08, 2004 10:25 am

Stop moaning guys for God sake . Arsenal are a good side and played Pompey off the park , but their defence looks wobbly to me . We will get things right im sure . GH is here till atleast the end of this season so get use to it and support what hes trying to do . If he doesnt get 4th spot hes out , and he knows that . Bringing Dalgleish back a man who luckily won the league after spending millions at Blackburn , destroyed Celtic for a period and handed the problems to Barnes destroying his management skills and chances and left us having not replaced players blaming pressure and stress is not the answer . You dont go back .
"WHEN YOU WALK THROUGH A STORM , HOLD YOUR HEAD UP
HIGH AND DONT BE AFRAID OF THE DARK ".
shilton_red

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Mar 08, 2004 10:32 am

shilton_red wrote:Bringing Dalgleish back a man who luckily won the league after spending millions at Blackburn , destroyed Celtic for a period and handed the problems to Barnes destroying his management skills and chances and left us having not replaced players blaming pressure and stress is not the answer . You dont go back .

I agree , Kenny was/is my all time best Liverpool player.
But as for management , he left us when we needed him most.
No thanx Ken,not again.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby shilton_red » Mon Mar 08, 2004 10:38 am

Besides that i couldnt understand a word he said . Great player but not manager . His coaching staff at Blackburn got him through there .
"WHEN YOU WALK THROUGH A STORM , HOLD YOUR HEAD UP
HIGH AND DONT BE AFRAID OF THE DARK ".
shilton_red

Postby The_Rock » Mon Mar 08, 2004 3:34 pm

shilton_red wrote:GH is here till atleast the end of this season so get use to it and support what hes trying to do . If he doesnt get 4th spot hes out , and he knows that .

So for arguments sake, GH gets "THAT COVETED" 4th place. Do u think he should then stay on for the reminder of his contract ? Do u really think he will win us the title or not least challenge for them ?

There is no point in continuing with GH. I respect him. He won us the treble, but that is far as he can take us. Liverpool will not win the title as long as he is the manager. And Liverpool should be gunning for the title. Not challenging with Charlton, Brimingham & Newcastle for 4th place.

Since 2001 treble winning season, Charlton & Brimingham have improved while Liverpool have just stayed there going through the motion. Look at the players they have. Look at the players we have (even with all the injuries we have). U tell me what is wrong ? Players or manager.

At the moment, give me, anyone but GH. It can be kenny, it can be Toschak, it can be Rush.

It is very heart breaking to see Liverpool play nowadays. When your team cannot beat the worst team last season & struggles against a bad team with a lot of its players missing this season..... something is very wrong......
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Didier Drogba » Mon Mar 08, 2004 3:35 pm

Arsenal is better than Liverpool.
Arsenal est meilleur que Liverpool mouillée:D
Didier Drogba

Postby The_Rock » Mon Mar 08, 2004 3:52 pm

supersub wrote:Yesterdays Pompey/Arsenal result certainly shows the gulf between us and Arsenal.Pompey tried the same gameplan as the tie with us and were duly brushed aside by a team who relish attack.It's the fear of commiting players to the attack that has been our downfall,not just this season,but the last as well.GH's obsession for keeping a clean sheet has been the bane of my life and the prospect of that attitude changing seems a distant wish.

Bulls-eye........... With the array of attacking talent we have :

a)Baros & Smicer - Score frequently for Czeck.
b)Kewell - No intro needed.
c)Owen - No intro needed.
d)Diouf - nicknamed serial killer (not sure for what though).
e)Gerrard - At the moment, has to be the best midfielder in the premiership.
f)Sinama & Tallec - Very attack minded players.
g)Finnan - One of the best attacking fullback in the premiership.

we should be going into each match with the intention of winning it. Not going to each match with the intention of not getting beaten.
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Mon Mar 08, 2004 4:01 pm

Arsenal are better than Liverpool.

Liverpool are better than Marseilles.

Marseilles are better than Toulouse.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul Hudson » Mon Mar 08, 2004 6:34 pm

fair enough, houllier has to go, but king kenny not answer. my fav lfc player of all time, but inherited good but ageing side when in charge. didn't replace players with anything decent and bailed out when he realised his legendary status in jeopardy.  i know everyone says o'neil, but i think he is only option out there. has passion and decentish track record and should be given chance if he would come. after him, not at all sure.
Paul Hudson

Postby Scottbot » Mon Mar 08, 2004 6:41 pm

O'neil would jump at the chance of the job. I don't think he will be at Celtic next season but there will be a few teams in for him. I worry that GH will somehow keep his job - O'neil will end up somewhere like Newcastle (Robson will go if we beat them to that final CL spot) while GH lasts just 3 months of next season and we miss out on confortably the best manager available.

If you offered me 5th place and bye-bye GH or 4th place and another season of GH i would take the 5th place. I've lost all faith in the man. :(
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Tue Mar 09, 2004 12:03 pm

Va te faire enculer!..tu me fais chier!!..now fu#k off!.back to that s##t hole which you call france! you frog faggot :D  :laugh:
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion