This sucks - Bye bye premiership.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby dawson99 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:29 pm

i think the big difference is the scum in the last 6 have won six and got a +14 gd, we have won 2, scored 7 points and got a gd of -2

and pre season we all said how manure would fold.

We can still bring something out of this tho, not the end of the world, but at the oment, yeah, this does suck
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:33 pm

The short answer is "yes", providing we steer clear of major injuries and have a bit of luck along the way. As far as I'm concerned, this is the best squad we've had in terms of quality and strength in depth since the late 80's-early 90's. The mere fact that we're discussing at length whether the likes of Alonso are an automatic choice in the first eleven this season is confirmation of that.

The short answer is right.
66-1112520797

Postby Graeme Noble » Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:39 pm

AussieKopite wrote:
Ciggy wrote:Anyone who thought we would win the league this season was seriously deluded.

Given our form at the end of last season, I thin it was reasonable to consider at the time, but one we drew with the Blades question marks started to appear.

By the way, long time no see guys... Its (somewhat) good to be back.

After the Sheffield United game, people were saying its just one game, but if you are going to win the Premiership, you need to beat Sheffield United. I thought that after that game, it looks very bad. And we have been :censored: away from home this season. Okay we will probably get that champions league spot, but another season battling out for 4th spot for a club like Liverpool is quite depressing.

I just hope we get another excellent Champions League run, like we did 2 years ago, that would almost make up for it.
An FA Cup victory would be okay, and the Carling Cup would be less than average, but I still want to win it, as we might not win anything at all this season.

Personally, I think Gerrard really should be playing in the centre of midfield. We need his goal threat to come back. Also, Kuyt has been our best player this season imo and hopefully he will continue to improve, as I think he has the capabilities to be that 20 goal per season striker we have been looking for.
Graeme Noble

Postby stmichael » Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:08 pm

Graeme Noble wrote:Personally, I think Gerrard really should be playing in the centre of midfield. We need his goal threat to come back.

playing him central in a 4-4-2 would reduce his goal threat imo, not improve it.

why move him from the position where he scored his most ever goals in one season? ???
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby JBG » Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:40 pm

Well, I for one thought we'd give it a real lash this season. I thought if anybody could take Chelsea, it would have been us, but Man UTD have really got it together and Arsenal are steadily improving, whereas we have gone backwards from what we achieved from last season.

I solemnly think we'll turn things around, although we have left ourselves with a lot to do.

Rafa will get it right, eventually, I think it will happen.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby 67-1161385641 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:48 pm

Redman in wales wrote:
stmichael wrote:Anyone who thought we would win the League this season was living in cloud cuckoo land.

Topic: The league title - can we win it.....

according to the above topic, alot of respected posters did think we could win the league

He shot himself in the foot with that one.  :D
67-1161385641

Postby stmichael » Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:53 pm

CharmlessMan wrote:
Redman in wales wrote:
stmichael wrote:Anyone who thought we would win the League this season was living in cloud cuckoo land.

according to the above topic, alot of respected posters did think we could win the league

He shot himself in the foot with that one.  :D

shut it stu  :D

i never said we would win the league. the question in the original thread was CAN we win the league. i said we could, given a bit of luck, e.g. chelsea, manure and arsenal all dropping 40 points. :p  :D
Last edited by stmichael on Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby neil » Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:53 pm

after the charity shield game against chelsea I thought there was a real cause for optimism
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:35 pm

Redman in wales wrote:

Isn't hindsight a wonderful thing hey soft shi.te.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 67-1161385641 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:45 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
Redman in wales wrote:

Who are you referring to?
67-1161385641

Postby Pedro O'Maradona » Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:54 pm

My two cent worth....
when playing against the likes of chelsea, man utd and arsenal the players dont seem to believe they can win.....Rafa is too negative in matches against the better teams especially away from home. We never impose our game on teams (chelsea and Man utd and Arsenal seem to be able to do this) Anytime I watch Liverpool I dont know what Liverpool is going to turn up ...the team that destroyed aston villa or the team that gets trounced by Chelsea, man Utd or arsenal. I dont want to be hypercritical about Rafa and I think the players must take responsiblity for how each individual player plays but tactically we have been very poor this year. Im not talking about rotation but how the team is set up to play against various teams. (too negative against the big teams)
I believe winning football matches is about winning battles on the pitch for example if youre a centre forward and u get the better of the centre back thruout the game, or if your a right winger u get the better of the left back and so forth and the more of these battles are won the better your team play and the more chance you have of winning that game. how many players have been consistantly good this year? in my opinion not too many. I think that tactics are secondary to how well a player plays it is an important factor but not the primary problem.
If you look at how the likes of Utd and Chelsea play they have a system and they impose their game on teams and it works, and look at some of Utds players; the likes of O'Shea and Fletcher are very very average but they are able to do a job for the team when required.
We cant say the same of some of our fringe players such as aurelio, pennant, gonzalez, zendan etc....its like they dont know what they are supposed to do when they play.
Pedro O'Maradona

Postby alessandromagno » Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:57 pm

Aren't you forgetting the 2-1 victory at Stamford Bridge last season. How many teams can equal that?
ALESSANDRO
alessandromagno
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:22 pm

CharmlessMan wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:
Redman in wales wrote:

Who are you referring to?

Bit if a crazy idea this but I reckon it might the person I quoted.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:27 pm

alessandromagno wrote:Aren't you forgetting the 2-1 victory at Stamford Bridge last season. How many teams can equal that?

What 2-1 victory at Stamford bridge  ???

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dward » Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:46 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:
alessandromagno wrote:Aren't you forgetting the 2-1 victory at Stamford Bridge last season. How many teams can equal that?

What 2-1 victory at Stamford bridge  ???

I think he must be thinking of the FA Cup Semi-Final.

That was played at Old Trafford though.
dward
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion