This sucks - Bye bye premiership.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:57 am

Leonidas08 wrote:Next 4 games:

Middlesbrough v  Liverpool The Riverside Stadium
Liverpool v  Man City Anfield
Liverpool v  Portsmouth Anfield
Wigan v  Liverpool The JJB Stadium

i believe looking at these 4 games, we can take max points of 12. As well get our goal difference up.

What on earth makes you so confident? Have you not seen our away form?

If i'm being honest although hard to swallow the losses to Chelsea, Man Utd and Arsenal are acceptable. I would be much more aggrieved if we had lost any of those at home. If you go by the rule that we must take at least 3 points per season off of Chelsea, Man Utd and Arsenal - I guess we are still on target.

If someone had offered to me start of the season that Liverpool would beat Chelsea, Man Utd and Arsenal at home but lose all away  - I'd take it. The Bolton and Everton results are a different kettle all together. This is why I am quite concerned about Middlesbrough, who have on balance a good record against us home and away.

I just hope Rafa can see that playing Zenden in the middle over Gerrard was foolish because the fans will start to turn on him if he is not careful. This has potential to become another Houllier nightmare if this away form isn't fixed asap.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:00 am

SouthCoastShankly wrote:
Leonidas08 wrote:Next 4 games:

Middlesbrough v  Liverpool The Riverside Stadium
Liverpool v  Man City Anfield
Liverpool v  Portsmouth Anfield
Wigan v  Liverpool The JJB Stadium

i believe looking at these 4 games, we can take max points of 12. As well get our goal difference up.

What on earth makes you so confident? Have you not seen our away form?

If i'm being honest although hard to swallow the losses to Chelsea, Man Utd and Arsenal are acceptable. I would be much more aggrieved if we had lost any of those at home. If you go by the rule that we must take at least 3 points per season off of Chelsea, Man Utd and Arsenal - I guess we are still on target.

If someone had offered to me start of the season that Liverpool would beat Chelsea, Man Utd and Arsenal at home but lose all away  - I'd take it. The Bolton and Everton results are a different kettle all together. This is why I am quite concerned about Middlesbrough, who have on balance a good record against us home and away.

I just hope Rafa can see that playing Zenden in the middle over Gerrard was foolish because the fans will start to turn on him if he is not careful. This has potential to become another Houllier nightmare if this away form isn't fixed asap.

Look at who we played:

Everton

Manchester United

Arsenal

Chelsea

Bolton Wanderers

Those are our five hardest games of the season - FACT.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:07 am

And we got nothing out of any of those games....Face it - we don't have the players willing to give it all, to play like their lives depend on it.....Completely outclassed by an ordinary Arsenal team who aren't a patch on the team of 2 years ago, and we still bottled it. Carling Cup, my ar$e...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:11 am

bunglemark2 wrote:And we got nothing out of any of those games....Face it - we don't have the players willing to give it all, to play like their lives depend on it.....Completely outclassed by an ordinary Arsenal team who aren't a patch on the team of 2 years ago, and we still bottled it. Carling Cup, my ar$e...

LAd listen, your avatar celebrates a victory only possible under the current manager, so take your head out of your @rse and stop wanting instant success. The league will take time, but it WILL come under Rafa, of that you will be sure. Write us off at your peril.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:18 am

yeah,. there is another 5 year plan :D
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:18 am

Well I thought we had a chance and there is no way Im giving up hope until its mathematically impossible.

Plus theyve got to come to Anfield
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby KOPMATT » Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:32 am

I don't know where we go from here after yesterday? I didn't feel that Arsenal were 3 goals better than us and thought the scoreline flattered them but both sides I felt were poor, and after the way we lost to Manure I thought the boys would be up for it a little bit more?
As for Gonzo, I think he's terrible, maybe i'll have to eat humble pie in the future but he's not as quick as Rafa said he was or he doesn't seem to be, maybe due to the fact he's not had a run but come on even Kewell's better than Gonzo for gods sake!
Talking of God where was he yesterday?
:(
KOPMATT

Postby JBG » Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:34 am

I genuinely think that Rafa is going to eventually get it right at Liverpool and win the league. In fact, I think he'll get it dramatically right next season. I can see us scraping home in 4th place this season, everybody writes us off for the league next year and then us going out and winning it.

I know that sounds complete delusional tripe but I still have faith in Rafa. He has worked a few miracles since he came to Liverpool and I think he is going to work his biggest one yet.

Remember, in season 2 of his time at Valencia they struggled home in 5th (despite being reigning champions) and then went out and won the league in style the following year.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby neil » Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:55 am

Where has the heart gone? Is it out on the wing? If so how can it beat life through the team? Is Alonso a crab? A sideways pass-a backpass-sideways-back and so on, is this under instruction or has he become inhibited?, can he not see a forward pass because there is little movement? is there little movement cause the forwards expect him not to pass it to them anyway?
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 67-1161385641 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:11 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
bunglemark2 wrote:And we got nothing out of any of those games....Face it - we don't have the players willing to give it all, to play like their lives depend on it.....Completely outclassed by an ordinary Arsenal team who aren't a patch on the team of 2 years ago, and we still bottled it. Carling Cup, my ar$e...

LAd listen, your avatar celebrates a victory only possible under the current manager, so take your head out of your @rse and stop wanting instant success. The league will take time, but it WILL come under Rafa, of that you will be sure. Write us off at your peril.

Spot on, but even you have to admit we're unlikely to win the league this season.
67-1161385641

Postby stmichael » Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:18 pm

Anyone who thought we would win the League this season was living in cloud cuckoo land. Whilst I thought we'd possibly be Chelsea's biggest challengers this year, nobody can compete with that sort of wealth in the short term. I have to admit, Manure have performed way better than I thought they would this season after losing Van Nistelrooy and Arsenal are a class team who just had a blip last year like we did the year we won the CL.

The amazing thing is even with our sh#te start we are still only 4 points of 4th spot which says more about the standard of the league than our form. I'd take 4th, a good CL run and a cup now.
Last edited by stmichael on Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Big Niall » Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:43 pm

gutted.

I thought we'd take Manure and Arsenal and finish second. We are not in their class. In domestic football Rafa seems clueless. I don't care about domestic cups.

A good champions league run and 4th place is what the seaons is now, and its only November. WE are a million miles away from being a top team.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:55 pm

stmichael wrote:Anyone who thought we would win the League this season was living in cloud cuckoo land.

Topic: The league title - can we win it.....

according to the above topic, alot of respected posters did think we could win the league
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:01 pm

Big Niall wrote:gutted.

I thought we'd take Manure and Arsenal and finish second. We are not in their class. In domestic football Rafa seems clueless. I don't care about domestic cups.

A good champions league run and 4th place is what the seaons is now, and its only November. WE are a million miles away from being a top team.

I agree.  I wasnt expecting the title but 3 years in I expect the side to be in the race and not out of it in November.  That simply isnt good enough and finishing 4th way behind champions is not a good season. The likes of Utd, Cheslea and Arsenal will not stand still and next season will not be any easier.
puroresu

Postby 66-1112520797 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:27 pm

stmichael wrote:Anyone who thought we would win the League this season was living in cloud cuckoo land. Whilst I thought we'd possibly be Chelsea's biggest challengers this year, nobody can compete with that sort of wealth in the short term. I have to admit, Manure have performed way better than I thought they would this season after losing Van Nistelrooy and Arsenal are a class team who just had a blip last year like we did the year we won the CL.

The amazing thing is even with our sh#te start we are still only 4 points of 4th spot which says more about the standard of the league than our form. I'd take 4th, a good CL run and a cup now.

:laugh:

After reading Red man in Wales's link, I guess your one of the bunch living in cuckoo land.

The short answer is "yes", providing we steer clear of major injuries and have a bit of luck along the way. As far as I'm concerned, this is the best squad we've had in terms of quality and strength in depth since the late 80's-early 90's. The mere fact that we're discussing at length whether the likes of Alonso are an automatic choice in the first eleven this season is confirmation of that
66-1112520797

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion